Rancho Sport 2" lift is on!

Erockhopper

I received my Rancho 2" lift, and after waiting an excruciating week for my tires I was able to put it on Friday night and then drove to Green River/Moab for the holiday weekend.

After putting a few hundred miles under seat, I can say I am very pleased. I think it looks great as well. I am not going to say it rides like stock, well because its a lift and it wont. I will say it has a firm feel to it and it rides great on the freeway. harsh bumps at slow speeds feel a little harder, and I would think that is the RS 5000. I think a King shock would soften that up, but it is in no way harsh.

Power with the 315's is gratefully still there and my spedo is probably off only a mile or two PH.

I took some measurements before and after and will get those posted up. I will also try an do a write up later. The Rancho Instructions were great, I would have a few recommendations is all to add to what is provided.

Overall a great kit and straight forward to install. It did take me a little longer than anticipated to install, but maybe just an extra hour on the front and the back.

I will say getting under the JL and seeing what has been done to beef this wrangler up, is impressive!

Attachments

• JL LIFT PARTS.jpg
    JL LIFT PARTS.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 207
  • JL MID LIFT.jpg
    JL MID LIFT.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 203
  • JL STOCK.jpg
    JL STOCK.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 201
  • JL RANCHO.jpg
    JL RANCHO.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 199
  • JL FRONT.jpg
    JL FRONT.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 201
  • JL REAR.jpg
    JL REAR.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 205
  • JL.jpg
    JL.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 200
  • JL DRIVELINE.jpg
    JL DRIVELINE.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 207
  • JL DRIVELINE 2.jpg
    JL DRIVELINE 2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 209

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I received my Rancho 2" lift, and after waiting an excruciating week for my tires I was able to put it on Friday night and then drove to Green River/Moab for the holiday weekend.

After putting a few hundred miles under seat, I can say I am very pleased. I think it looks great as well. I am not going to say it rides like stock, well because its a lift and it wont. I will say it has a firm feel to it and it rides great on the freeway. harsh bumps at slow speeds feel a little harder, and I would think that is the RS 5000. I think a King shock would soften that up, but it is in no way harsh.

Power with the 315's is gratefully still there and my spedo is probably off only a mile or two PH.

I took some measurements before and after and will get those posted up. I will also try an do a write up later. The Rancho Instructions were great, I would have a few recommendations is all to add to what is provided.

Overall a great kit and straight forward to install. It did take me a little longer than anticipated to install, but maybe just an extra hour on the front and the back.

I will say getting under the JL and seeing what has been done to beef this wrangler up, is impressive!

Kings would be awesome, but Rancho 9000 shocks would probably fit the bill.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

aug0211

Agreed 9000 would do it, and keep a little cash in pocket. I am happy with it as is, it will let me put money somewhere else to start off!

Very nice! I love reading posts like this to get to hear from others’ experience.

Are the 9000s the adjustable ones? I’ve read just a bit about those and have been curious. How do the 9000s compare to the stock ride?

It’d be cool if Rancho would let you piece together the kit or just swap out the shocks in this kit for a slight upcharge, I guess.

Erockhopper

Very nice! I love reading posts like this to get to hear from others’ experience.

Are the 9000s the adjustable ones? I’ve read just a bit about those and have been curious. How do the 9000s compare to the stock ride?

It’d be cool if Rancho would let you piece together the kit or just swap out the shocks in this kit for a slight upcharge, I guess.

The 9000 are the adjustable shocks. They have several settings that let you “dial” in your preferred ride. I suppose you could soften them up and get close to a stock ride feel. I personally thought the stock ride was a little soft, especially when loaded up.

My guess is the 9000 are coming, I would imagine Rancho will be offering them at some point and probably as an option for this kit, it probably just hasn’t passed R/D just yet.

Rancho Shocks

Supporting Advertiser
Supporter
I would agree with you that they are coming!!!
:beer:

The 9000 are the adjustable shocks. They have several settings that let you “dial” in your preferred ride. I suppose you could soften them up and get close to a stock ride feel. I personally thought the stock ride was a little soft, especially when loaded up.

My guess is the 9000 are coming, I would imagine Rancho will be offering them at some point and probably as an option for this kit, it probably just hasn’t passed R/D just yet.