HITCH STINGERS are NOW AVAILABLE - Order Yours Today!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who've been wanting one of the new and improved Hitch Stingers that I've been designing and having made for my JL Wrangler, I'm happy to announce that I just got a batch in and they are now available for purchase!

The Hitch Stinger is designed to help protect your Jeep's spare tire from catching on ledges and obstacles that would otherwise cause significant damage to your tailgate. Angled up at 20° and right from the hitch receiver, the Hitch Stinger provides maximum departure angle and reduces any hits that it may receive into glancing blows. In addition to offering 14" of protection, the Hitch Stinger also comes with 2 mounting positions so that it can be used with different tire carriers, tire widths and wheel back spacing. The Hitch Stinger is available in bare steel or in an optional semi-gloss black powder coat. Last but not least, the Hitch Stinger is MADE IN THE USA by a veteran owned shop and natives of Carson City, NV, Sean Weed and Josh Ostler.

CLICK HERE TO BUY A HITCH STINGER

NOTE: A 37" spare tire mounted on the tailgate may require a riser bracket to be installed in order for it to clear the Hitch Stinger. FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY.

The HITCH STINGER
Here are a few shots of what the Hitch Stinger looks like in a semi-gloss black powder coat. I should note that the spare tire you see is a 37x13.50 Cooper STT Pro mounted on a KMC XD231 beadlock wheel with 4.75" of back spacing and attached to the factory tailgate using an LoD riser bracket.
20180523215704-a2268fa6-me.jpg

20180523215713-6b731698-me.jpg

20180523215901-6b707891-me.jpg

Shot of what the Hitch Stinger looks like in a standard bare steel and in an optional semi-gloss black powder coat.
20180523215621-49e90d9f-me.jpg

These shots show the new and improved Hitch Stinger sitting on top of my old stinger. As you can see, the new design offers the same protection to the spare tire while providing a significantly greater amount of departure angle.
20180523215520-e79d956b-me.jpg

20180523215548-1688134c-me.jpg

As you can see here, the point on my old stinger that took the most abuse sits approximately 2.5" lower than the new and improved Hitch Stinger.
20180523215534-dcb154f4-me.jpg

20180523215537-041ed7ba-me.jpg

Here's a couple of shot of the Hitch Stinger mounted in the extended position and being field tested.
20180523220017-341009fe-me.jpg

20180523220008-cd3022eb-me.jpg

Please let me know if you have any questions. :cool:

NFRs2000NYC

Ordered. Thanks for this! Im going to use it for my JKU for now, and hope it works with my upcoming JL and tire carrier in the future.

BBDOC

Agree. You should put your sticker on it 👍. Thanks for the opportunity to buy the stinger:)

YAHAHA

These look great. I love that they are made in the USA and by a company run by people who have chosen to serve our nation.

Are these only for off-road use and labeled as such? Are there any laws in different states about having such an item on the vehicle when used on road?

Keep up the good work!

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ordered. Thanks for this! Im going to use it for my JKU for now, and hope it works with my upcoming JL and tire carrier in the future.

I've tested this Hitch Stinger on various setups including bone stock, with larger tires and with wheels that have less back spacing. It should work with just about any setup you'll have on your future JL. :yup:

A forum. Sticker on the side of it would look sweet

Agree. You should put your sticker on it 👍. Thanks for the opportunity to buy the stinger:)

LOL!! Most of the ones sold are bare steel but I suppose maybe something could be done for ones that come with powder coating. :crazyeyes:

Got my 2 ordered [emoji16][emoji16] Thank You

Awesome. :cool:

Ordered. Thanks Eddie & Cindy!

Glad I could be of help :)

Ordered.Thank You

You bet :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like that better for sure!

Thanks. Simple, clean and it's been getting the job done for me. :yup:

Very cool. Great design.

Thank you :)

Paid for and ordered!

I mean to order a sticker too....next time

Cool. Glad I could help out with these :)

Awesome! Ordered mine as well.

Cool :cool:

These look great. I love that they are made in the USA and by a company run by people who have chosen to serve our nation.

Are these only for off-road use and labeled as such? Are there any laws in different states about having such an item on the vehicle when used on road?

Keep up the good work!

Not sure why you'd want to run them anywhere except off road. They're actually kind of a pain to leave on in that you can't open up the rear tailgate with it installed. Typically, I just carry it with me when wheeling like I do my tools and just install it when I know there might be a chance my spare tire could be in danger without it.

sharkey

Word Ninja
Very cool for sure...nice work!

As an added benefit, Overlander could run it facing downward which might keep him from venturing into so many situations where he gets stuck. :yup: