HITCH STINGERS are NOW AVAILABLE - Order Yours Today!!

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Got My Hitch Mounted Stinger today too!!!

View attachment 2955

Guaranteed to protect the spare against rocks!

View attachment 2956

View attachment 2957

It’s a Step for Reaching new Heights!

View attachment 2958

A Bike Rack!

View attachment 2959

For Fishing!

View attachment 2960

Are you a Farmer?? It’s a Plow!!

View attachment 2961

It can Hold 5 Cocktails!!

View attachment 2962

7 Beers!!!

View attachment 2963

A Keg!!!

View attachment 2964

And So Much More!!! Get Yours Today!!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] post of the week!

Trainwreck618

Got My Hitch Mounted Stinger today too!!!

View attachment 2955

Guaranteed to protect the spare against rocks!

View attachment 2956

View attachment 2957

It’s a Step for Reaching new Heights!

View attachment 2958

A Bike Rack!

View attachment 2959

For Fishing!

View attachment 2960

Are you a Farmer?? It’s a Plow!!

View attachment 2961

It can Hold 5 Cocktails!!

View attachment 2962

7 Beers!!!

View attachment 2963

A Keg!!!

View attachment 2964

And So Much More!!! Get Yours Today!!

Lol! That's funny[emoji23] great post

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone for your opinions and also your creative applications of Eddie’s stinger! My question is this: I have an Addictive Desert Designs Bumper/Spare Tire Carrier combination. The carrier attaches to the bumper and the bumper to the frame. Tailgate carries little to no weight bearing. Would Eddie’s stinger be considered “extra insurance” or just overkill since it seems the most pressing need is for those who mount their spare tire to the tailgate. I’m running 37’s as well on TR Beadlocks.
Thanks for any input/opinions.

Being that you have a bumper tire carrier with the spare essentially mounted on the frame, I'd say that a stinger is not something you'd need.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you all are getting your stingers. For those of you who ordered powder coated ones early on, they've been shipped and you should be getting it soon. :yup:

DavidDJL69

Eddie...the distance from my the front of my receiver to the front of my spare 37” tire is 14.” I didn’t remember reading about the lengths the stinger in either of its two pin locations. Would you kindly share that? If it fits the way I think it will I’ll be fine, unless the bend is less than 14 solid inches. Thanks. Once this is resolved then I’m ready to pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie...the distance from my the front of my receiver to the front of my spare 37” tire is 14.” I didn’t remember reading about the lengths the stinger in either of its two pin locations. Would you kindly share that? If it fits the way I think it will I’ll be fine, unless the bend is less than 14 solid inches. Thanks. Once this is resolved then I’m ready to pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

The pics I posted of my JL running this stinger is a 37x13.50 mounted on a wheel with 4.75" of back spacing. As you can clearly see, the stinger not only protects all of it, there is a bit more length extended beyond it.

https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.php?1494-HITCH-STINGERS-are-NOW-AVAILABLE-Order-Yours-Today!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie. I just ordered my stinger. Appreciate the help and willingness to offer this to others. Speaks very well of your character and spirit of sharing.

Well, I'm just glad that I have the opportunity to help others like you with something I was already doing for myself. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, I see that all the bare steel Hitch Stingers have sold out and I only have 3 powder coated ones left. If there are more people who are wanting them, I'll need you to let me know. In order to keep the cost of these down, I need to order at least 10 at a time and being that I've been fronting the cost of them, I'd prefer to have a good idea of how many will actually sell ahead of time.

JAGS

BTW, I see that all the bare steel Hitch Stingers have sold out and I only have 3 powder coated ones left. If there are more people who are wanting them, I'll need you to let me know. In order to keep the cost of these down, I need to order at least 10 at a time and being that I've been fronting the cost of them, I'd prefer to have a good idea of how many will actually sell ahead of time.

I still haven’t placed my order. I’ll be wanting the bare steel. Might order two. Not in a huge rush and happy to wait for future bulk order(s). [emoji106]

BillArnett

They're actually kind of a pain to leave on in that you can't open up the rear tailgate with it installed. Typically, I just carry it with me when wheeling like I do my tools and just install it when I know there might be a chance my spare tire could be in danger without it.

Would it work to store it with the long end in the receiver? Would the tailgate then open? Maybe rotate it 90 degrees so it doesn’t stick up? Might have to drill another hole to secure it with the hitch pin.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Would it work to store it with the long end in the receiver? Would the tailgate then open? Maybe rotate it 90 degrees so it doesn’t stick up? Might have to drill another hole to secure it with the hitch pin.

The muffler would prevent the long end from sliding in more. If I recall, you relocated your muffler so I suppose you could drill new holes and make it work.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just a heads up for those who've been asking, I have more bare steel stingers in stock and should have powder coated ones coming in this week. :yup:

Nate Minich

Awesome Idea!

We had one welded up at the trailer shop before our big July trip. It totally saved the rear tail gate, thanks for the great idea!

Attachments

• stinger.jpg
    stinger.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 87