New lights for the JL

Cruuzer

So i added some lighting to my JL, i had a 10” rigid LED bar i was gonna throw on my Landcruiser, but I couldn’t bring myself to cut up the LC

Soooo- i took the factory MOPAR light mounts ont he factory mopar bumper loop and mounted the 10” bar and used a amber cover on it (makes it street legal)

While i was at it, i bought some Baja designs lights for the cowl and used the Baja designs cowl mounts (way more stealthy than the MOPAR ones) and used yellow covers fro those

The combined light was great, and about all i feel i will need.A289AF84-C74B-4ACF-AF03-8CCD81C69DDB.jpg45EB5A01-6335-48DB-BDD3-6A7BA8FF80D5.jpg

BillArnett

I have installed two small lights below my A-pillars and a Rigid 10" light bar on my bumper. My original plan was to use a series of smaller lights on the bumper instead of the light bar. (I think it looks better that way.) But I wasn't about to spend $750 each for the ARBs. So I picked up a couple of very cheap cubes ($27/pair on Amazon) to see if they would suffice. I figured that for that price if they were crap I wouldn't be out much. Well, they are crap. The "specs" say they are 72 watts and 7200 lumens (each). But I measured them at only 15 watts (I can't easily measure the lumens but its no where near 7200). So I went with the Rigid light bar (which does match it's 168 watt spec). And tossed the crappy cubes on the cowl beneath the A-pillars just for the heck of it. And for that purpose they're good enough. If they fail next time it rains I'm still only out $27.

IMG_0721.jpg

Mounting the light bar was trivial since my bull bar has a tab for just this purpose. Mounting the A-pillar lights just required a trip to Home Depot to get a longer bolt with the same threads as the one I removed (and a bunch of flat washers :). Wiring was trivial since I have the Aux switches.

Last nite I drove over to a dark road nearby and took these photos with my DSLR so I could make sure the exposure was identical for all. (I have the stock LED light package).

Fog lights only:
_MG_8289.jpg

Low beams:
_MG_8290.jpg

High beams:
_MG_8291.jpg

A-pillar lights (deliberately aimed off to the side):
_MG_8292.jpg

10" light bar:
_MG_8293.jpg

All at once:
_MG_8294.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the result. When I get a new rear bumper I'll probably install a couple of small lights there, too.

Iceman47

Has anyone installed a light bar directly on the optional steel bumper? I'm thinking of a Baja Design 20" but hate to drill the steel bumper.

Cruuzer

Add the optional Mopar winch guard and light mounting brackets.

2nd what double tap said- the mopar bar (in my top photo) can do that. You could do a 20” bar with the little light tabs they sell that Rubitrux, they use factory holes and give you a stand-off to mount the light to...

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Does anyone know if you can still fold down the wind shield with the mopar light bracket n lights??

Definitely not.

EDIT... okay, after looking at lots of pictures with JL windshields down, as well as actual placements of the lights, I will give you a firm "maybe". I still don't think so, but it would definitely be a pleasant surprise.

Last edited: