Rock slide engineering running boards

LauraRose

Do they come out quickly enough? My wife has them on her Escalade, OEM, and it seems they're always slightly behind my desired pace when I go to get in.

Also, others have complained about the noise they make going in and out? I think this was an older version though.

Lastly, did you do the LED light kit? Worth it and cool?

***Please note that the step sliders attach to the body, not the frame as I mistakenly posted...that said:

1. The steps go up and down quickly enough for me. :thumb:

2. There is minor noise, with the passenger's side making slightly more noise than the driver's side. :rolleyes2: They obviously run a little quicker with the engine running. I recorded short video clips this morning of the driver side and passenger side for you to hear what they sound like with my Jeep engine off. Being that I was unable to upload video to JLWrangler.com, I would be happy to share them with you on Instagram. If you are interested, just let me know what your Instagram name is, mine is @laurarosern.

3. The LED lights are very useful, and look sharp! I would definitely recommend them. :thumb:

I hope this helps!

OconRecon

Received a text from my local Jeep outfitter today. Ordered these in mid August and he was told “3-4 weeks”. It’s now been 5, so he called, and was told these things are selling like hot cakes, but it should be later this week.

So just FYI.

OconRecon

Update. Local installer, great guys by the way if you're located in western Ohio, ordered these for me on August 14th. They just came in today.

So, fyi, they may take a while. 6.5 weeks for me. He's eyeballing them today and going to contact me about installation. Can't wait!

https://www.slinginmudd.net/

LauraRose

Update. Local installer, great guys by the way if you're located in western Ohio, ordered these for me on August 14th. They just came in today.

So, fyi, they may take a while. 6.5 weeks for me. He's eyeballing them today and going to contact me about installation. Can't wait!

https://www.slinginmudd.net/
Great news!! Make sure to post up pix after they're installed.

Laura Rose from PA

OconRecon

Love these things. Expensive, but function as advertised. I could have done with or without, but my 5’3” wife and 5’2” daughter love them. I’m 5’11” and they’re great for me too, meaning, helpful and not in the way at all.

They open right where you’d naturally step out when exiting the Jeep. No need to look and aim your foot. Also, you don’t need to change the pace you’d normally enter the Jeep - they come out that fast.

Definitely most helpful for 2nd row passengers, due to the tapered rear doors.

Last edited:

BBDOC

I have had my (RSE) sliders for ~12k miles now. Mild off road in big bear and minimal sliding on them so far. They are definitely loud at first and a little abrupt. You will quickly adjust and get used to it and now the wife and kids look for steps on every other vehicle they use:). I have been very happy with them and would recommend them to most except the hard core crawlers.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

BBDOC

Toggle switch inside or you can probably connect it through the aux switches. I have mine on a toggle switch below and left of the steering wheel. When wheeling you turn them off so they don’t come out on a rock or get hung up. I believe they are working on a way for them to be used with doors off but when I ordered it was not available.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app