Driven a 2.0?

bonner

Has anyone driven the 2.0 yet? The torque specs look like it will be way more fun to drive than the 3.6...

13_gecko_rubi

It is way more fun imo. Will be interesting to see how it handles larger tires although I don't expect it to effect it any more than a 3.6. Even more excited to see what tuners can do with it.

Sent via....

bonner

With more torque than the 3.6 i doubt it will be any worse than the 3.6 with bigger tires, I cant wait to see what the diesel does with 37 on it! Anyone heard anymore if the diesel is still on schedule?

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
It is way more fun imo. Will be interesting to see how it handles larger tires although I don't expect it to effect it any more than a 3.6. Even more excited to see what tuners can do with it.

Sent via....

Really? That’s impressive. That is my biggest concern with it. Not that the 3.6 is a rocket ship with bigger tires but I was just concerned with the 2.0 and bigger tires. Will be fun to watch these motors get built though.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

justin mazzon

I'll be really interested to see how the turbo holds up off roading. Will it be serviceable with anyone other than dealers after the warranty?

aug0211

Really? That’s impressive. That is my biggest concern with it. Not that the 3.6 is a rocket ship with bigger tires but I was just concerned with the 2.0 and bigger tires. Will be fun to watch these motors get built though.

I had thought that it might do better with bigger tires than the 3.6 due to the instant delivery with the BSG (and the turbo helping, as well).

All theoretical from me, of course. And I’m far from knowledgeable on this.

13_gecko_rubi

I had thought that it might do better with bigger tires than the 3.6 due to the instant delivery with the BSG (and the turbo helping, as well).

All theoretical from me, of course. And I’m far from knowledgeable on this.

I mean at a high level an engine is simply a torque machine. It supplies torque and doesn't really care what's behind it. It will supply the same torque (which is higher than the 3.6) so I would expect similar degradation as the 3.6 when you put larger tires on it. It can get a little more complicated with forces induction as those larger tires cause engine to rev slower which could effect boost but like you said with the etorque it isn't an issue. I don't think you'll see an issue and I suspect it will still be better with larger tires too. But I haven't experienced it so I cannot say for sure.

Sent via....

13_gecko_rubi

Yup that's what I wanna see too. I bet it's still better. And throw a tune in it and you'll actually be able to make more power. Not just advertise that you do like a 3.6 lol

Sent via....

longarmwj

I’m anxious to drive one. We haven’t received one on the lot yet but the moment we do I plan to steal it for the night lol.

As others have said, I’m very curious to see how the aftermarket adapts to the turbo. I’m foreseeing larger turbos and lots of blow off valve noises [emoji23]

aug0211

I’m anxious to drive one. We haven’t received one on the lot yet but the moment we do I plan to steal it for the night lol.

As others have said, I’m very curious to see how the aftermarket adapts to the turbo. I’m foreseeing larger turbos and lots of blow off valve noises [emoji23]

Looks like one has finally shipped out for the public. It’s in transit on the way to MA, according to the Jeep.com new inventory searches.

Still no word on mine, but I’ll let ya know when I get it (and get the 35s on).

JTCO

Meme King
I’m foreseeing larger turbos and lots of blow off valve noises [emoji23]

I'm already planning on it. If I didn't already have a Jeep built for trails, it'd be a different story, but if I get a new turbo Jeep JL, I'm pimping this thing out Fast And Furious Style. Blow off valve, boost controller, Invidia exhaust system, etc. LOL.

JTCO

Meme King
Does a BOV do anything for performance, or is it just for the sound?

Sound. It's all about appearance IMO.

Some will argue that it can hurt fuel mileage because instead of the boost pressure being released into the engine and vented to the atmosphere instead, that it can trick the PCM into enriching the fuel mixture. I'm not so sure. I ran a WRX that was running 360 BHP with a larger turbo, fuel pump, and injectors and was still getting 28mpg when I was easy on the throttle with the BOV still working. It was all about sound to me and I noticed no difference in performance nor MPG.