Replacement OEM Hardware

ambrose

Nother n00b question..

I'm guessing the answer is "just go to Home Depot," but let's say (and I'm asking for a friend ;) ), one lost some hardware for the JLUR. Is there a "best" place to get replacement hardware?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What are you needing? Home Depot actually kind of sucks when it comes to finding bolts. You'd have better luck at Lowes and even better luck at a Tractor Supply.

ambrose

In this case, it's just a screw for the air intake cover. They seemed a little "not normal," but I suppose I will at least have to look. Did not know Lowes is better. Thanks! Will see if we have some kind of more specialized store nearby, too. I was curious if there is an online catalog that might have the actual OEM options, but this is probably too inconsequential for that. I just don't want to screw it up. LOL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In this case, it's just a screw for the air intake cover. They seemed a little "not normal," but I suppose I will at least have to look. Did not know Lowes is better. Thanks! Will see if we have some kind of more specialized store nearby, too. I was curious if there is an online catalog that might have the actual OEM options, but this is probably too inconsequential for that. I just don't want to screw it up. LOL

OE bolts can be bought from your dealership but they are crazy expensive. Pretty much any bolt on your JL will be metric and you'll need to find a hardware store that has a specialty hardware section - basically, the isle with all the drawers with nuts and bolts in them. If you have another similar or same bolt still in place, remove it and take it to the store with you to find an exact match. ACE and True Value will often have a good selection of screws too. Napa will as well.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Mopar... replacement exhaust hanger $14, Swing Gate Trim Panel $60, tiny screw $72. Lol.

Ace is the place for hardware selection.

ambrose

I ended up at my nearby TruValue (I always get that mixed up with Ace). Anyhow, you're right--tons of hardware bins. Found something close enough. 16c! Thanks, y'all.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I ended up at my nearby TruValue (I always get that mixed up with Ace). Anyhow, you're right--tons of hardware bins. Found something close enough. 16c! Thanks, y'all.

Awesome, glad to hear you were able to get something :)