Nitro Rigdegrappler 37’s

aug0211

Oh the open country R/T. My bad I thought u meant M/T. Those and the ridge grapplers came out at same time and its same parent company. I bet they are made in same plant and very similar in every aspect.

Sent via....

Thanks, I think you're right. I really wish it were swapped, and that the RG was available in D and the RT was the E load. I really would prefer a D load, but the RG looks so much more aggressive. Leaning toward the 37x13.50r17 Ridge Grappler in E load... unless anyone has really strong words of caution.

I'm also hoping these will be ok with my 4.33" BS (-10 offset) wheels, on a 2-2.5" lift with extended bump stops?

Especially focused on the backspacing with 13.50s instead of 12.50s.

aug0211

Thanks, I think you're right. I really wish it were swapped, and that the RG was available in D and the RT was the E load. I really would prefer a D load, but the RG looks so much more aggressive. Leaning toward the 37x13.50r17 Ridge Grappler in E load... unless anyone has really strong words of caution.

I'm also hoping these will be ok with my 4.33" BS (-10 offset) wheels, on a 2-2.5" lift with extended bump stops?

Especially focused on the backspacing with 13.50s instead of 12.50s.

I wound up ordering the 13.50s. Hope to have them on next weekend along with my wheels (4.33” BS/-10 offset).

A bit nervous about this, but my plan is to get those on first without a lift. Then, take measurements and decide what to go with. My goal is to have the minimal lift I can get away with (accessibility). What makes me nervous is running with no lift for probably at least a week before I decide what the right lift is, and actually get it delivered/installed.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

aug0211

SmittyBilt tire relo bracket went on last night. I do like the look of a Wrangler with no spare (just to mix things up), but it’s so impractical.

Getting nervous about how this will turn out today. Nervous about whether I’ll love my wheels or not, how harsh my ride will be on the new tires, and how tough it’ll be to survive for a week or so without a lift.
IMG_0612.JPG

Last edited:

aug0211

Super nervous now. The guy at the shop is clearly already prepping me for them to say they won’t fit. I explained that I have every intention of lifting - but that I plan to measure after tires are on and just stay strictly on paved roads and take it easy on bumps, until I can get precise measurements to select/order/install the lift.

Really hoping they don’t try to push me into the 35x12.50s. Nothing wrong with those, but after I decided to go with the 37x13.50s, I’m really excited about them.

Anyone able to help reassure me that the 37x13.50s will fit tightly without a lift for a few days/week?

NFRs2000NYC

Lets be honest, it's not impractical to run spareless on a wrangler. You're running monster tires made to survive being shredded on rocks. They are 8-10 ply strength, have reinforced sidewalls, and have lugs that are damn near an inch deep. The odds of getting a catastrophic flat on road is basically 0. Sure, you might run over a rouge nail, but I've plugged my jeep tire without even taking it off the rig. Just carry a good plug kit with you and a AAA membership just in case, and you can easily run spareless around town.

aug0211

Lets be honest, it's not impractical to run spareless on a wrangler. You're running monster tires made to survive being shredded on rocks. They are 8-10 ply strength, have reinforced sidewalls, and have lugs that are damn near an inch deep. The odds of getting a catastrophic flat on road is basically 0. Sure, you might run over a rouge nail, but I've plugged my jeep tire without even taking it off the rig. Just carry a good plug kit with you and a AAA membership just in case, and you can easily run spareless around town.

Hmmmmmm a very good point! Might try it down the road - just got the new ones mounted though so will run this way for a bit.

Tire shop said they went on without an issue. Can’t wait to see!

aug0211

Here we go - no rubbing so far (on road driving only).

I’m shocked that I haven’t noticed more road noise or harshness. Very comfortable ride, really not feeling anything different than stock.

I’m running at 24 PSI (no chalk test yet).

IMG_0645.JPGIMG_0644.JPGIMG_0643.JPGIMG_0653.JPGIMG_0640.JPGIMG_0641.JPG

OrangeWave

Where did you end up on tire pressures? I have the same tires on my new JLUR. Also, what did you do about the TPMS? Mine keeps telling me to air the tires back up to 36 PSI. The dealer installed the 2" lift, wheels, and tires so I wonder if they changed the TPMS target pressures.

I'm in OBX this week and drove mine on the beach for the first time on Monday. What a blast and no issues even in the deep stuff near the dunes.

aug0211

Where did you end up on tire pressures? I have the same tires on my new JLUR. Also, what did you do about the TPMS? Mine keeps telling me to air the tires back up to 36 PSI. The dealer installed the 2" lift, wheels, and tires so I wonder if they changed the TPMS target pressures.

I'm in OBX this week and drove mine on the beach for the first time on Monday. What a blast and no issues even in the deep stuff near the dunes.

I am running at 25 PSI and loving it. I get about 19 MPG mixed and ride comfort is outstanding. Honestly I can’t tell a difference from stock. More importantly, neither can the wife :)

No floating on the freeway or handling issues and things are soft!

For TPMS, I have a TazerJL (highly recommend) - used this to set tire size as well as TPMS alert levels (down to 23). It’s golden!

Can I ask what PSI you’re running and what your feedback is on your PSI?

OrangeWave

I am running at 25 PSI and loving it. I get about 19 MPG mixed and ride comfort is outstanding. Honestly I can’t tell a difference from stock. More importantly, neither can the wife :)

No floating on the freeway or handling issues and things are soft!

For TPMS, I have a TazerJL (highly recommend) - used this to set tire size as well as TPMS alert levels (down to 23). It’s golden!

Can I ask what PSI you’re running and what your feedback is on your PSI?

Thanks. The dealer had mine set at 37 and when I aired mine down to 19 to go out on the beach the TPMS complained to set them to 36 PSI. I spent a little bit of time doing the chalk test here at the beach house and 30 PSI looked reasonable but ended up airing them back up to make the warning go away. I'll have to get a TazerJL and thanks for the starting point.

FWIW, even at 37 PSI I was really impressed with both the ride quality and the lack of tire or wind noise. It's not an S-Class Mercedes but I wasn't the least bit fatigued from the noise or ride on the 5+ hour drive down and I'm usually pretty sensitive to these things. The handling isn't bad on the JL either but the response to quick movements at high speeds is a bit sketchy - that's to be expected though with a vehicle built for an entirely different purpose than I'm used to.

Last edited:

aug0211

Thanks. The dealer had mine set at 37 and when I aired mine down to 19 to go out on the beach the TPMS complained to set them to 36 PSI. I spent a little bit of time doing the chalk test here at the beach house and 30 PSI looked reasonable but ended up airing them back up to make the warning go away. I'll have to get a TazerJL and thanks for the starting point.

FWIW, even at 37 PSI I was really impressed with both the ride quality and the lack of tire or wind noise. It's not an S-Class Mercedes but I wasn't the least bit fatigued from the noise or ride on the 5+ hour drive down and I'm usually pretty sensitive to these things. The handling isn't bad on the JL either but the response to quick movements at high speeds is a bit sketchy - that's to be expected though with a vehicle built for an entirely different purpose than I'm used to.

Great info! Thx!

I’m guessing a chalk test would have me run higher. That said, supposed manufacturer specs recommend <25 PSI for these tires on a Wrangler. I may try bumping up a bit to see what the tire quality is like at 28 or so...

Dark Sarcasm

aug0211

That looks amazing! Love it!!!

Thanks. Still need to pull the trigger on the lift for a bit of flex room.

The RGs are still doing well for me. I’m happy with them. I was able to get them to slip a tad yesterday under hard accel in wet conditions. Nothing I didn’t expect (I was trying to get them to slip), and they caught traction again quickly.

I’ve been bringing the pressure up slowly, going to bump up to 29 today and see how they do.

I’ve been lazy and have neglected a chalk test. No good excuse, really.

I do want to experiment with PSIs to find the sweet spot before lifting so that I am just exploring one variable at a time.

aug0211

Which wheels are those? Looks great!

Thank you. These are the SCS K5.

Confession - I bought 8 different wheels so I could compare them in person and also to do the best color match to the GCM. Had them all sitting on the dining room table for a week so I could look at them every day and see where I was with the decision on a daily basis.The things my wife puts up with...[emoji23]

Would be awesome if it were a real bead lock, but it is a sim. They’re relatively light though so I’ll take it.

HiCenterd

Thank you. These are the SCS K5.

Confession - I bought 8 different wheels so I could compare them in person and also to do the best color match to the GCM. Had them all sitting on the dining room table for a week so I could look at them every day and see where I was with the decision on a daily basis.The things my wife puts up with...[emoji23]

Would be awesome if it were a real bead lock, but it is a sim. They’re relatively light though so I’ll take it.

Cripes! My wife would murder me...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app