JL JOURNAL : TAZER JL Programmer for JL WRANGLER / INSTALLATION & HOW TO USE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is awesome! I definitely plan to get one of these when I go JL!

I think you'll like it a lot. :yup:

Thanks Eddie! great video as always. My JLU Rubicon comes in tomorrow and you sold me on getting the Tazer JL.:eek:

LOL!! Well, I hope that's only because I was able to show just how easy the Tazer JL is to use and how awesome it is. I sure would be grateful if you could please let Z Automotive know that I helped make this decision for you :)

JAGS

So canceling the start stop is currently only available with it plugged in. Would be cool if they could make that command.

If/when you need service at the dealer, is there anything that need to be undone before hand. And will the dealer reader void any command of the taser?

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Great video! Seems like it has some cool features. The light show is a cool thing as well!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

JLjeepster

Hey Eddie, I’m getting my lift and tires done on Tuesday. I just ordered the Tazer this morning not sure how long it takes to get in. Can I drive the Jeep without it being calibrated until the Tazer comes in or should I take it to the dealer right away?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Eddie, I’m getting my lift and tires done on Tuesday. I just ordered the Tazer this morning not sure how long it takes to get in. Can I drive the Jeep without it being calibrated until the Tazer comes in or should I take it to the dealer right away?

Oh, you can drive your Jeep and without any problems. Your speedometer will just be off is all. :yup:

BTW, I'm pretty sure I got mine in less than a week.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video! Seems like it has some cool features. The light show is a cool thing as well!

I won't lie, I kinda thought the light show was kinda silly until I tried it. I have to say, it really is kinda fun :crazyeyes:

I still need to get rock lights installed and it'd be cool if future updates can get them to be a part of the show :)

aug0211

Great video, Eddie! Very helpful.

Also chiming in as yet another “+1” for Zautomotive and the Tazer.

They answered my questions lightning fast and even made updates to their website - all within an hour of me emailing a question.

These guys are the REAL first to market and they’re also continuing to release more and more updates as time goes on. Any other programmers seem like a “one and done” compared to the Tazer, which has been steadily releasing new features!

Last note - did the dealership charge for tire size programming recently go up? I thought I heard somewhere that they added another fee on top that brought the total expense up to $300... making the Tazer even more of a no-brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Last note - did the dealership charge for tire size programming recently go up? I thought I heard somewhere that they added another fee on top that brought the total expense up to $300... making the Tazer even more of a no-brainer.

I don't know, seems like a dealership scam to me but if it's true, yeah, that would make the Tazer JL that much more of a no-brainer.

Rellik

Ill be honest I went cheapo and purchased the flashcal... after seeing the great customer service and continuous updates I went ahead and purchased the Tazer. Nothing like doing things twice