JL JOURNAL : TAZER JL Programmer for JL WRANGLER / INSTALLATION & HOW TO USE

Uncommonclassics

Tire calibration gone wrong!

Can any of you ya’ll help me out?

I recently purchased bigger tires and lift for my JLU Rubicon. And after watching your YouTube tutorial on the JL Tazer i purchased one as well. I foolish went to recalibrate and just wanted to see how high it could go. Well once I got to 41.6 it got stuck there. Even after reboots, marrying and un-marrying, I can’t seem to adjust the size lower down to 35’s...can anyone point me in the right direction ?
89909AF9-8590-48E3-AC5E-CE6638DE8528.jpg89909AF9-8590-48E3-AC5E-CE6638DE8528.jpg

Can any of you ya’ll help me out?

I recently purchased bigger tires and lift for my JLU Rubicon. And after watching your YouTube tutorial on the JL Tazer i purchased one as well. I foolish went to recalibrate and just wanted to see how high it could go. Well once I got to 41.6 it got stuck there. Even after reboots, marrying and un-marrying, I can’t seem to adjust the size lower down to 35’s...can anyone point me in the right direction ?
View attachment 6107View attachment 6107

I'd contact Zauto. It should be under warranty, and they probably know a fix.

BillArnett

Eddie's video was extremely helpful for me, too. But while he says removing that trim piece above the OBD port isn't "necessary" it sure makes it a LOT easier especially if you have larger hands.

NFRs2000NYC

Eddie's video was extremely helpful for me, too. But while he says removing that trim piece above the OBD port isn't "necessary" it sure makes it a LOT easier especially if you have larger hands.

Case of the man hands lol
tenor.gif

DavidDJL69

Hi Eddie. Sorry to post this so late after your excellent instructional video on the Taser JL, but I got one, it works great thanks to your guidance, and now I need to take the JL into the dealer for a UConnect upgrade. I’m thinking I need to disconnect the Taser before I take it in. Is there a process to “unmarry” the Taser’s components or do I just disconnect the units beginning with the Taser JL unit? Thanks. I don’t see instructions on how to do that on Taser’s website.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eddie. Sorry to post this so late after your excellent instructional video on the Taser JL, but I got one, it works great thanks to your guidance, and now I need to take the JL into the dealer for a UConnect upgrade. I’m thinking I need to disconnect the Taser before I take it in. Is there a process to “unmarry” the Taser’s components or do I just disconnect the units beginning with the Taser JL unit? Thanks. I don’t see instructions on how to do that on Taser’s website.

Yes, you will want to unmarry your Tazer and remove it before going to the dealership. The process is the same as when you first install it - at the screen where you marry it, you can also select unmarry. Do that and then remove the SGW and reconnect the lines into the factory ports.

JLjeepster

Whoah I’ve just been unplugging it and that’s it. I’ve taken it to the dealer 3 times now. Am I going to ruin the tazer by doing that? So far it’s been good.