JL JOURNAL : TAZER JL Programmer for JL WRANGLER / INSTALLATION & HOW TO USE

ddays v2

Just ordered mine up today. Sadly the discount code no longer works. Oh well, no biggie. Looking forward to playing around with this!

JTCO

Meme King
I have the Tazer Lite. I haven't messed with it yet but plan to later today. Being that I have 315/70R17, do I want to set the size closer to 34 or 35 to get a more accurate speedometer reading?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Tazer Lite. I haven't messed with it yet but plan to later today. Being that I have 315/70R17, do I want to set the size closer to 34 or 35 to get a more accurate speedometer reading?

I would set it closer to 34 or whatever is the actual height of the tire. I've been finding that to yield the best results with metric tires.

JTCO

Meme King
I would set it closer to 34 or whatever is the actual height of the tire. I've been finding that to yield the best results with metric tires.

Thanks. On the truck, they sit at 33.5 inches. Off the truck unloaded, it's about 34.5 inches. So I'll play around with both (that's what she said). I have a couple of signs nearby that tell you your speed. I'll do a couple of test drives.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks. On the truck, they sit at 33.5 inches. Off the truck unloaded, it's about 34.5 inches. So I'll play around with both (that's what she said). I have a couple of signs nearby that tell you your speed. I'll do a couple of test drives.

I might even go with something closer to that 33.5.

JTCO

Meme King
So I set it at 33.5 and in town it's off by 1 mph. It was off by 3 prior to that. I'll mess with it more later. It is awesome to have the TPMS light off. And awesome that it leaves the auto start/stop off. Loving it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I set it at 33.5 and in town it's off by 1 mph. It was off by 3 prior to that. I'll mess with it more later. It is awesome to have the TPMS light off. And awesome that it leaves the auto start/stop off. Loving it.

1 mph too slow or fast?

JTCO

Meme King
1 mph too slow or fast?

Speedo is reading 1mph slower than I'm actually driving. This was tested at 45mph. Prior to tazer install, the speedo was reading 3mph slower than I was actually going when tested at the same speed. This is with 315/70R17 tires. So it's gotten better. I just need to fine tune it a little more.

JTCO

Meme King
For 315/70R17, I set the tazer's tire size setting at 34.5ish and it seems perfect. I tested it at 55mph today and it's perfect.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For 315/70R17, I set the tazer's tire size setting at 34.5ish and it seems perfect. I tested it at 55mph today and it's perfect.

Guess it needed to be set closer to what the advertised size would be. Good to know!

JTCO

Meme King
Passed the real speedometer accuracy test today. I was kinda staying with traffic going 73 in a 65 mph construction zone. Out of nowhere, cop leaves the dirt and is trailing me on the pavement. Fuck! He follows me for about a mile as I drop my speed to 65-68. When I have the opportunity, I merge right so he can pass. And he does. Life is good. I guess the tazer worked.

wkv0t.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Passed the real speedometer accuracy test today. I was kinda staying with traffic going 73 in a 65 mph construction zone. Out of nowhere, cop leaves the dirt and is trailing me on the pavement. Fuck! He follows me for about a mile as I drop my speed to 65-68. When I have the opportunity, I merge right so he can pass. And he does. Life is good. I guess the tazer worked.

Awesome! :thumb:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug

View attachment 14834

Saturday morning my wife, daughter and I were on our way to coffee at about 6:40 am. An officer comes out of nowhere and pulls me over for 65 in a 60...

20200121_110141.jpg

I did get a ticket, but still...

20200121_110105.jpg

Must have been the Subaru. :idontknow:

JTCO

Meme King
Saturday morning my wife, daughter and I were on our way to coffee at about 6:40 am. An officer comes out of nowhere and pulls me over for 65 in a 60...

I did get a ticket, but still...

Subaru? Poser.........

JLRay

Damn for 5 miles over a little too strict there [emoji19]

Camelot

I should have my 35’s on by the weekend. I will do a few runs with the Lidar gun to see how accurate the speedo is.