Thread: JLUS Fender extender removal and MPG

JLUS Fender extender removal and MPG

Has anyone with a JLUS removed the fender extenders and documented the difference in MPG? I want to take mine off (and probably will either way), but I'd really like to know how much of that 23mpg Hwy I'm going to sacrifice.

Thanks!

Honestly, I would think it'd be negligible. Most of the good MPG you're getting is from the awesome new 8-speed auto. Stick with stock tires and drive conservatively and it'll stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsred5 View Post
    Has anyone with a JLUS removed the fender extenders and documented the difference in MPG? I want to take mine off (and probably will either way), but I'd really like to know how much of that 23mpg Hwy I'm going to sacrifice.

Thanks!
    I wondered the same thing before I got rid of mine. I've done a little over a 1000 miles since and have seen absolutely no difference in fuel consumption.

Just as a side note. When you take them off it will leave the fog lights and wiring and some brackets exposed. I didn't like how unfinished it looked so I trimmed up the fender extenders to clean up the look and give the wires and fog lights protection.

Quote Originally Posted by jljordan View Post
    I wondered the same thing before I got rid of mine. I've done a little over a 1000 miles since and have seen absolutely no difference in fuel consumption.

Just as a side note. When you take them off it will leave the fog lights and wiring and some brackets exposed. I didn't like how unfinished it looked so I trimmed up the fender extenders to clean up the look and give the wires and fog lights protection.
    While I don't think it'd be necessary to protect the wiring and lights, I do think cleaning things up would be nice. Got any pics of what this looks like?

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    While I don't think it'd be necessary to protect the wiring and lights, I do think cleaning things up would be nice. Got any pics of what this looks like?
    I'll get a couple for you when I get home today. I agree, they probably didn't need any protection. We have a saying in aviation, "everything is fine until it isn't". I was taking that approach.

Caught the Bug
    So if you take the lower fenders off along with the lights, what do you do for turn signals. Don't most states require front turn signals?

Knows a Thing or Two
    It's a couple tenths of mpg. That's it. The outside temperature will have a bigger influence.

Sent via....

Here are a couple pics of what my trimmed fender extender looks like. I wish I had a picture with them off to show a comparison.

IMG_8939.jpg

IMG_8941.jpg

IMG_8942.jpg