Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: WRITE-UP : TAZER JL Programmer for JL WRANGLER / INSTALLATION & HOW TO USE

Quote Originally Posted by BillArnett View Post
    You ran all the way down to the south end of Lockhart Basin at 15 psi? I like to air up if I'm going to drive on pavement for more than 5 miles or so. Otherwise, I don't feel comfortable going more than 35 or 40mph. YMMV
    If you run something like the JK-Experience, you'll run 1,000 miles, at highway speeds and at 16-18 psi. Unless you tires suck, they should be able to handle it just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BillArnett View Post
    ....Now if I had an electric Jeep....
    Here we go... Haha.

Couple Questions:

Let's say you don't plan on using any of the TAZER live features, is it safe to assume you can remove the Security Gateway bypass and reconnect the OEM SGW after you make programming changes?

Once the TAZER is married to the vehicle, is it a requirement to return the system to stock before a dealer scan tool is connected to the OBDII DLC?
    The Universe Rewards Action!

Quote Originally Posted by JeepFan View Post
    Let's say you don't plan on using any of the TAZER live features, is it safe to assume you can remove the Security Gateway bypass and reconnect the OEM SGW after you make programming changes?
    This I don't know. It was my understanding that you need to leave the SGW bypass in place but the more I think about it, I don't see why it would be necessary if you're planning on running the live features. Hopefully Z Auto will chime in with a better answer.

Once the TAZER is married to the vehicle, is it a requirement to return the system to stock before a dealer scan tool is connected to the OBDII DLC?
    Another good question. Not really sure. Sorry.

Couple Questions:

You can unplug it and plug the SGW back in; the setting will stay. Before dealer service you may want to return to stock (unmarry) as to not raise any eyebrows, if they notice anything anyway but depends on the dealer if they’ll say anything. On the 10,000 tazers sold into the performance market (mostly Charger/Challenger Jeep SRT) I didn’t hear of any issues with dealers and warranties. Most people return to stock before service.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Z_Auto View Post
    You can unplug it and plug the SGW back in; the setting will stay. Before dealer service you may want to return to stock (unmarry) as to not raise any eyebrows, if they notice anything anyway but depends on the dealer if they’ll say anything. On the 10,000 tazers sold into the performance market (mostly Charger/Challenger Jeep SRT) I didn’t hear of any issues with dealers and warranties. Most people return to stock before service.
    Thanks for that answer!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Thanks for chiming in with this

Hooked
    If anybody leaves it married and goes to the dealer, let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the great info!

Under normal circumstances, I would return to stock and unmarry the Tazer.

But let's say I have the Tazer married to my JL and I forget to unmarry it before bringing it to the dealer. Will the link between the Tazer and my JL be broken if the dealer connects their scan tool to the OBDII connector? If so, what would I need to do to get the Tazer to talk to my JL?
    The Universe Rewards Action!

Thanks for the great info!

Under normal circumstances, I would return to stock and unmarry the Tazer.

But let's say I have the Tazer married to my JL and I forget to unmarry it before bringing it to the dealer. Will the link between the Tazer and my JL be broken if the dealer connects their scan tool to the OBDII connector? If so, what would I need to do to get the Tazer to talk to my JL?
    Hmmm! Always with the good questions

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast