WRITE-UP : TAZER JL Programmer for JL WRANGLER / INSTALLATION & HOW TO USE

Jwalt

This site and thread have been helpful so I thought I would post my experience. I have a 19 JLU rubicon with the 2.0. I have 37” stt pro tires and installed the tazer mini. My Jeep has the 7” screen. All of the functions have worked great with the tazr including the rear camera with turn signals. I have lowered the Tpms threshold and calibrated the speedo for the tires, and removed the seatbelt ding and auto park. The menu system takes a little getting used to and what you can access when the Jeep is running or not. Overall I am happy with the programmer and the features it has allowed me to adjust. All of the info in this forum has been great to answer any question I have had.

Jeeeep

installed the JL mini,this made it breeze to setup, I'll read the instructions later lol

I also did the TPMS change and it no longer goes below 25 psi.

Have some LED bulbs to swap in, looking forward to better night lighting :thumb:

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Question regarding the tazer. Is it necessary to do an update on the unit before install? I ordered my tazer lite just a few weeks ago and I see that the latest update available is from back in April. Just wanna make sure before I install it

WiscoHR

Question regarding the tazer. Is it necessary to do an update on the unit before install? I ordered my tazer lite just a few weeks ago and I see that the latest update available is from back in April. Just wanna make sure before I install it

When you marry it to the JL it will list the current program version it is running. Also you can hook it up to your home computer and get the same info. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to check first. Updates only take a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King

I didn't update ours on either Jeep. So far, no issues. On both Jeeps, We're using it for Tpms off, speedo correction, and letting the auto start/stop stay off.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
When you marry it to the JL it will list the current program version it is running. Also you can hook it up to your home computer and get the same info. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to check first. Updates only take a few minutes.

I didn't update ours on either Jeep. So far, no issues. On both Jeeps, We're using it for Tpms off, speedo correction, and letting the auto start/stop stay off.

Thanks guys. Didn’t think I needed to update before hand but figured I should check just in case. I remember I had to on my superchips in the JK before I married it.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Has anyone had their Jeep in for warranty work yet? If so did you unmarry your tazer before it went in? I plan on only adjusting tire size and disabling tpms for now so don’t think I will need to unmarry but figured I will ask.

drhcobra

Has anyone had their Jeep in for warranty work yet? If so did you unmarry your tazer before it went in? I plan on only adjusting tire size and disabling tpms for now so don’t think I will need to unmarry but figured I will ask.

I’ve had mine in a couple times and I did not unmarry. It was for the steering stabilizer and the clutch inspection so I doubt they even plugged into it.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
WRITE-UP : TAZER JL Programmer for JL WRANGLER / INSTALLATION & HOW TO USE

Has anyone run into the issue of the radio not working when leaving the tazer installed for the live features? For the last month my radio will be blank and not work. Today I disconnected my tazer (just unplug not unmarry) as it goes in for service tomorrow for the radio concern and the radio returned. Anyone else experience this issue?
IMG_0778.jpg

Last edited: