WRITE-UP : TAZER JL Programmer for JL WRANGLER / INSTALLATION & HOW TO USE

BillArnett

I’m not so sure that setting the TMPS to 15 psi is a good idea. Yeah, it will eliminate all the warnings when you’re aired down...

Well, after my first long off-road trip I've changed my mind on this one. Getting the warning every time I start up when aired down is a total pain in the rear. Next time I have my Tazer JL installed I intend to set the threshold to 10 psi or so, well below my normal off-road pressure.

Sometime experience beats theory.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, after my first long off-road trip I've changed my mind on this one. Getting the warning every time I start up when aired down is a total pain in the rear. Next time I have my Tazer JL installed I intend to set the threshold to 10 psi or so, well below my normal off-road pressure.

Sometime experience beats theory.

Not sure if lowering it will help but I'd be interested to know. I have mine set at 15 psi and I still get the warning on the EVIC unless I'm running 25 psi. I've tried contacting Z Automotive about it multiple times but they never got back to me. I've since been informed that this might be a Jeep programming limit of some sort.

BillArnett

Not sure if lowering it will help but I'd be interested to know. I have mine set at 15 psi and I still get the warning on the EVIC unless I'm running 25 psi. I've tried contacting Z Automotive about it multiple times but they never got back to me. I've since been informed that this might be a Jeep programming limit of some sort.

In addition to setting the threshold the Tazer JL has a "Enable/Disable TPMS system" function. Maybe that will do the trick.

Rhinebeck01

Sent PM Z Auto a Pm, seeing if they still offer us a discount. Will be buying mine when I hear back from them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

If you are current or past Military you can get a 10% discount.

For the same 5% off as a forum discount, this code will work: JeepInformant2

Suggest you buy here:
https://zautomotive.com/product/tazer-jl/

Note: When you purchase, consider going with the two year warranty that costs $20 versus the free 90 day warranty. Just click on where it says "90 days - Free" and you can then select 2 year warranty.

By the way, I have nothing to do with ZAutomotive. I'm just a real happy TazerJL user...

JL5009

WRITE-UP : TAZER JL Programmer for JL WRANGLER / INSTALLATION & HOW TO USE

Well I have done all the adjustments I wanted from my Tazer on the JL but couldn't manage to get the Halo to activate. I found the option under lights and it was off. I made the change to ON and saved the setting but still no halo activation on the headlight itself.

However, I noticed in the setting I have DLR Type showing as N/A and can not change that option. I'm guessing that's why It won't activate it ? de87586d-424d-42cc-b1a3-e0b8402f9eb8.jpg

Here is a pic of the headlight:
07ddb2ec-35c2-4ecb-88b9-917a71573ee7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Rhinebeck01

Firmware 11.0.6 was just released!

CHANGELOG

11.0.6 – LATEST UPDATE – 8/20/18: Live menu additions: AutoPark disable and TurnCam (rear camera on with turn signals). Settings menu, added PanicButton disable. Fixed Aux button enable. Fixed ESS disable to engage quicker and reliably. If marry/unmarry is ignored by BCM, will now say “try again” instead of “FAIL”.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Firmware 11.0.6 was just released!

CHANGELOG

11.0.6 – LATEST UPDATE – 8/20/18: Live menu additions: AutoPark disable and TurnCam (rear camera on with turn signals). Settings menu, added PanicButton disable. Fixed Aux button enable. Fixed ESS disable to engage quicker and reliably. If marry/unmarry is ignored by BCM, will now say “try again” instead of “FAIL”.

Personally I prefer "FAIL", "try again" is for pussies. :D

Rhinebeck01

Personally I prefer "FAIL", "try again" is for pussies. :D

I believe the "Try again" versus Fail was so that people would be encouraged to / prompted to... Try Again, versus thinking right off the top that something was actually wrong lets say, when the marrying did not happen. It is not that unusual for a marry attempt to not proceed, requiring you to TRY AGAIN. So, Try Again it is.........

JL5009

To be honset, when I first saw the message "Fail" i thought i messed it all up and done something wrong. Now had I had the message "Try Again" it would have been less stressful [emoji23] and make me feel more at ease.

Only in a Jeep will your truly feel the freedom in any trail..

Rhinebeck01

Can you do a firmware update while it's still plugged into the Jeep?

Yes, as long as the JL is in the off position you can hook your laptop with the ZAutomotive provided USB cable to the TazerJL or Tazer JL Lite and do a firmware update.

Side note:

When you do firmware updates to the Tazer JL or Tazer JL Lite, it is best, to unmarry the Tazer JL / Tazer JL Lite before you do the firmware update.

Rhinebeck01

Well I have done all the adjustments I wanted from my Tazer on the JL but couldn't manage to get the Halo to activate. I found the option under lights and it was off. I made the change to ON and saved the setting but still no halo activation on the headlight itself.

However, I noticed in the setting I have DLR Type showing as N/A and can not change that option. I'm guessing that's why It won't activate it ? View attachment 4479

Here is a pic of the headlight:
View attachment 4480

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Be sure in "LIGHTS" that you have location set to USA. Do this and then retry.

Z_Auto

Advertiser
Supporter
To be honset, when I first saw the message "Fail" i thought i messed it all up and done something wrong. Now had I had the message "Try Again" it would have been less stressful [emoji23] and make me feel more at ease.

Only in a Jeep will your truly feel the freedom in any trail..

Which is why I changed what it says ;)
It’s due to the Jeep not responding to requests. I’ve been doing this for years in all sorts of FCA vehicles and only the JL refuses to respond at times. I’ll likely implement an auto-retry in the next revision so you don’t have to deal with manually trying again.