Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: WRITE-UP : TAZER JL Programmer for JL WRANGLER / INSTALLATION & HOW TO USE

Fresh Catch
    Does the spare show up anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Whhood View Post
    Does the spare show up anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    No

Sent via....

Fresh Catch
    I’m dropping it off at the dealer tomorrow so they can try to use their scanner tool to diagnose it.

Speaking of...so I’ve unmarried the Tazer (to avoid any dealer issues) but it didn’t revert it back to stock settings. For example, the ESS is still disabled, the seatbelt chime is still disabled, and the nav in-motion lockout is still disabled. Is there a trick to getting all the factory settings restored without having to manually change the settings back with the Tazer?

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by ebelp View Post
    Iím dropping it off at the dealer tomorrow so they can try to use their scanner tool to diagnose it.

Speaking of...so Iíve unmarried the Tazer but it didnít revert it back to stock settings. For example, the ESS is still disabled, the seatbelt chime is still disabled, and the nav in-motion lockout is still disabled. Is there a trick to getting all the factory settings restored without having to manually change the settings back with the Tazer?
    You unmarried it and unplugged it and those things are all still active?

Have to done several reboots? U need to power off, open door, wait for screen to go out. Then wait another minute or two. After that boot back up and repeat. Can take 3 times or more. This isn't a Tazer issue, it's the way the Jeep works. When u change a setting in the BCM it send it out to the other computers at boot up cycles. And some of those send to others. So u have to reboot a couple times.

Sent via....

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by 13_gecko_rubi View Post
    You unmarried it and unplugged it and those things are all still active?

Have to done several reboots? U need to power off, open door, wait for screen to go out. Then wait another minute or two. After that boot back up and repeat. Can take 3 times or more. This isn't a Tazer issue, it's the way the Jeep works. When u change a setting in the BCM it send it out to the other computers at boot up cycles. And some of those send to others. So u have to reboot a couple times.

Sent via....
    I have the Tazer Mini so nothing is in the obd2 port, but the bypass module is still plugged in but I thought that wasnít supposed to matter as long as itís unmarried. I did a full reboot right before unmarrying. Iíve restarted the Jeep a few times and the settings havenít reverted. Maybe I need to give it a few more engine cycles...

Nothing but a Thing
    I have the Tazer Mini so nothing is in the obd2 port, but the bypass module is still plugged in but I thought that wasnít supposed to matter as long as itís unmarried. I did a full reboot right before unmarrying. Iíve restarted the Jeep a few times and the settings havenít reverted. Maybe I need to give it a few more engine cycles...
    No that's because the for thebmini the bypass is the computer too. Unplug it and those live features will stop working. It needs unplugged to go to dealer anyway.

Sent via....

Fresh Catch

Update

Update: Just got the JL back from the dealer (removed the Tazer beforehand). They used their flash tool to reset all the TPMS sensors in my aftermarket wheels and now the the TPMS warning light has finally gone off. So glad it was a sensor issue and not a Tazer issue. I'll get the Tazer reinstalled and remarried tonight after work.

Fresh Catch

Question?!?

Guys,

The Tazer JL looks pretty sweet, but does it have any tuning programs for crawling vrs eco mileage vrs whatever? Iíve got a 2019 JL on order, but trying to catch holiday sales while they exist. I want to be able to adjust tire size/gears but also want some basic tunes and monitoring engine/tranny temps. Iíve considered the Trail Dash 2. Any help would be appreciated. Great write up on the Tazer, Eddie.
    Last edited by VitaMeVas; 12-06-2018 at 09:00 AM. Reason: More

Fresh Catch

Uconnect issue..

New Tazer question....none of my Uconnect remote functions are working (lock/unlock/stop/start). I just get the spinning "request in process" message and nothing happens. Any reason that the Tazer could be causing this? Everything in the app was working fine before...hopefully it's just a coincidence. PS - Remote start works fine with the physical fob...app just doesn't function now.
    Last edited by ebelp; 12-07-2018 at 09:45 AM.

Nothing but a Thing
    New Tazer question....none of my Uconnect remote functions are working (lock/unlock/stop/start). I just get the spinning "request in process" message and nothing happens. Any reason that the Tazer could be causing this? Everything in the app was working fine before...hopefully it's just a coincidence. PS - Remote start works fine with the physical fob...app just doesn't function now.
    All I can guess is that since the remote functions come over cell through radio through gateway maybe bypassing it could be messing with it. But that's just a guess. Easy way to test it would be unhook the bypass and plug the sgm back in and try it. That would tell you. Might have nothing to do with it either.

Sent via....

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112