WRITE-UP : TAZER JL Programmer for JL WRANGLER / INSTALLATION & HOW TO USE

ebelp

No the whole point is to be able to lower the thresholds for on road. When you go to 35s/37s u will run in the 25-30 psi range and u want the lights to work around there.

When airing down off road the light should be on as the tire is damn near flat.

There is a minimum threshold you can go down to. U may have gone too low.

Sent via....

Okay thanks, that makes sense now. So an update...I inflated all 4 tires to 37 psi and the TPMS light is STILL ON. Now I'm thinking there's an issue with the sensors. What would cause the TPMS warning light to stay on if the psi is at a sufficient level???

13_gecko_rubi

Okay thanks, that makes sense now. So an update...I inflated all 4 tires to 37 psi and the TPMS light is STILL ON. Now I'm thinking there's an issue with the sensors. What would cause the TPMS warning light to stay on if the psi is at a sufficient level???
What donuts have the tpms settings set to? Take a picture of cluster on the tpms screen please and maybe I can help.

Sent via....

WiscoHR

It thinks the tires are over inflated. You’re telling the Jeep it is going to have 20psi in the tires now you’ve almost doubled the pressure so it is letting you know that it is not within the computers parameters for safety. Set the Tazer to the street pressure you are going to run, then set the tires to that pressure and the light will shut off.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

It thinks the tires are over inflated. You’re telling the Jeep it is going to have 20psi in the tires now you’ve almost doubled the pressure so it is letting you know that it is not within the computers parameters for safety. Set the Tazer to the street pressure you are going to run, then set the tires to that pressure and the light will shut off.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
U can run 10x pressure and will never set it off. I think his threshold is set too low.

A picture of the tpms screen would do wonders.

Sent via....

wibornz

This was a super easy install. I had it installed, the tire size set to 37, and the TPMS set to 20 pounds. I will run 28 pounds on the street. When On the trail, I will just change the threshold to a lower setting.

ebelp

For what it’s worth, I’ve experimented with setting the Tazer at the actual street pressure, slightly below and slightly higher. None of those settings changed anything.

ebelp

Take a picture of the cluster tpms screen

Sent via....

32237461698_2df1ce1a76_c.jpg

ebelp

I’m dropping it off at the dealer tomorrow so they can try to use their scanner tool to diagnose it.

Speaking of...so I’ve unmarried the Tazer (to avoid any dealer issues) but it didn’t revert it back to stock settings. For example, the ESS is still disabled, the seatbelt chime is still disabled, and the nav in-motion lockout is still disabled. Is there a trick to getting all the factory settings restored without having to manually change the settings back with the Tazer?

13_gecko_rubi

I’m dropping it off at the dealer tomorrow so they can try to use their scanner tool to diagnose it.

Speaking of...so I’ve unmarried the Tazer but it didn’t revert it back to stock settings. For example, the ESS is still disabled, the seatbelt chime is still disabled, and the nav in-motion lockout is still disabled. Is there a trick to getting all the factory settings restored without having to manually change the settings back with the Tazer?
You unmarried it and unplugged it and those things are all still active?

Have to done several reboots? U need to power off, open door, wait for screen to go out. Then wait another minute or two. After that boot back up and repeat. Can take 3 times or more. This isn't a Tazer issue, it's the way the Jeep works. When u change a setting in the BCM it send it out to the other computers at boot up cycles. And some of those send to others. So u have to reboot a couple times.

Sent via....

ebelp

You unmarried it and unplugged it and those things are all still active?

Have to done several reboots? U need to power off, open door, wait for screen to go out. Then wait another minute or two. After that boot back up and repeat. Can take 3 times or more. This isn't a Tazer issue, it's the way the Jeep works. When u change a setting in the BCM it send it out to the other computers at boot up cycles. And some of those send to others. So u have to reboot a couple times.

Sent via....

I have the Tazer Mini so nothing is in the obd2 port, but the bypass module is still plugged in but I thought that wasn’t supposed to matter as long as it’s unmarried. I did a full reboot right before unmarrying. I’ve restarted the Jeep a few times and the settings haven’t reverted. Maybe I need to give it a few more engine cycles...

13_gecko_rubi

I have the Tazer Mini so nothing is in the obd2 port, but the bypass module is still plugged in but I thought that wasn’t supposed to matter as long as it’s unmarried. I did a full reboot right before unmarrying. I’ve restarted the Jeep a few times and the settings haven’t reverted. Maybe I need to give it a few more engine cycles...
No that's because the for thebmini the bypass is the computer too. Unplug it and those live features will stop working. It needs unplugged to go to dealer anyway.

Sent via....

ebelp

Update

Update: Just got the JL back from the dealer (removed the Tazer beforehand). They used their flash tool to reset all the TPMS sensors in my aftermarket wheels and now the the TPMS warning light has finally gone off. So glad it was a sensor issue and not a Tazer issue. I'll get the Tazer reinstalled and remarried tonight after work. :thumb:

VitaMeVas

Question?!?

Guys,

The Tazer JL looks pretty sweet, but does it have any tuning programs for crawling vrs eco mileage vrs whatever? I’ve got a 2019 JL on order, but trying to catch holiday sales while they exist. I want to be able to adjust tire size/gears but also want some basic tunes and monitoring engine/tranny temps. I’ve considered the Trail Dash 2. Any help would be appreciated. Great write up on the Tazer, Eddie.

Last edited:

ebelp

Uconnect issue..

New Tazer question....none of my Uconnect remote functions are working (lock/unlock/stop/start). I just get the spinning "request in process" message and nothing happens. Any reason that the Tazer could be causing this? Everything in the app was working fine before...hopefully it's just a coincidence. PS - Remote start works fine with the physical fob...app just doesn't function now.

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

New Tazer question....none of my Uconnect remote functions are working (lock/unlock/stop/start). I just get the spinning "request in process" message and nothing happens. Any reason that the Tazer could be causing this? Everything in the app was working fine before...hopefully it's just a coincidence. PS - Remote start works fine with the physical fob...app just doesn't function now.
All I can guess is that since the remote functions come over cell through radio through gateway maybe bypassing it could be messing with it. But that's just a guess. Easy way to test it would be unhook the bypass and plug the sgm back in and try it. That would tell you. Might have nothing to do with it either.

Sent via....