Soft Top - Long Time Coming

Back In Black

We had a long winter, and a short spring here in Michigan - and as were heading straight into summer I figured I would tackle the job of the BIG BOX (what those of us received if you pulled the trigger on the dual top).

I'm happy to report that this soft top is worth all the hype that we have been reading on how nice it is. It really is a big improvement in ease of use over the JK. It has much improved features over the previous generation and quite a few innovative features as well.

Bring on summer!!!!!20180515_174918.jpg20180515_175038.jpg

We had a long winter, and a short spring here in Michigan - and as were heading straight into summer I figured I would tackle the job of the BIG BOX (what those of us received if you pulled the trigger on the dual top).

I'm happy to report that this soft top is worth all the hype that we have been reading on how nice it is. It really is a big improvement in ease of use over the JK. It has much improved features over the previous generation and quite a few innovative features as well.

Bring on summer!!!!!View attachment 2544View attachment 2545
Sexy as fuck. It hurts me inside to know I still need to wait a little longer.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Back In Black

Did you know that your doors are still on? Just a heads up. Either way, that looks pretty awesome. :thumb: Definitely helps me look forward to the next 10 to 12 weeks until mine arrives. Maybe I'll have it in time to strap a Christmas tree on top.

Haaaaaa!
Shit - I knew something wasn’t right. Damn doors.

A little warning, the big ass box doesn’t have 1 piece of paper that gives you any indication on the instructions on how to put the top together. I had to use Quadratec’s how to video.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I watched that Quadratec video. It looks like it gives a pretty good explanation of where all the bits and pieces go. I'll be picking up my JL with my family and need to put my eleven-year-old in the jump seat behind the driver's seat. Do you think that I will be able to fit the soft top in the rear if I unbox it at the dealership and tilt the arms upward toward the ceiling or something? Thanks in advance for your help.

Back In Black

I watched that Quadratec video. It looks like it gives a pretty good explanation of where all the bits and pieces go. I'll be picking up my JL with my family and need to put my eleven-year-old in the jump seat behind the driver's seat. Do you think that I will be able to fit the soft top in the rear if I unbox it at the dealership and tilt the arms upward toward the ceiling or something? Thanks in advance for your help.

It will be tight, I get what your after put the 60% seat down while the child goes in the 40% seat.
The thing that comes to mind is - I'm unsure as to whether or not the soft top will fit with your hartop on, meaning I believe the arns will be taller than your hartop roof.

RMC2

It will be tight, I get what your after put the 60% seat down while the child goes in the 40% seat.
The thing that comes to mind is - I'm unsure as to whether or not the soft top will fit with your hartop on, meaning I believe the arns will be taller than your hartop roof.

It will fit on the 40% side as well. Gives you more room in the back. Check out my thread.

Oh, and nice jeep

Last edited: