Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Want a HITCH MOUNTED STINGER?

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL!! The only reason why Moby was wearing it is because we were trying to punish the stinger to see if we could break it. As much as we love JET LI, Moby is much better at this kind of stuff.
    Cool just curious if there were any benefits to running one. Seems like it might get hung up here and there

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck618 View Post
    Cool just curious if there were any benefits to running one. Seems like it might get hung up here and there
    Actually, the new design offers a lot more departure angle and we were having a hard time finding obstacles that we could really smack it onto.

Hooked
    Actually, the new design offers a lot more departure angle and we were having a hard time finding obstacles that we could really smack it onto.
    Nice! I'll have to pick one up when I start fresh with a JL.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Here's a close up shot of the Hitch Stinger being field tested. I should note that the Hitch Stinger is adjustable and this is set at its extended length.

Here's another shot of what the production piece looks like in powder coat semi-gloss black. As you'll see, this one is set in at maximum departure length.

Been Around the Block NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    Wonder if the JEEP tow hitch cap could fit over the end of it

Been Around the Block BillArnett's Avatar
    I donít mean to be contrary but doesnít that mean that itís not really going to do much good? In order to do some damage without the stinger it would require an even worse obstacle since the stinger is a couple of inches lower than the tire.

Or is it just that you really need to go back to Moab to test it?
    JLUR Granite, 3.6L auto, all the goodies; ARB "Quad" on-board air, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5R17, Pro Comp Predator 17x8.5 wheels, Rubicon Express 2.5" lift, King remote res shocks, aFe Rock Basher exhaust, more to come...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910