Metalcloak lift - Game Changer??

JAGS

Just to update all of you, the first batch of stingers have been made. I should note that these are not only made in the USA and here in Carson City, NV, they also are made by veterans. For those of you who'll want powder coating, I just got a quote today and it will cost an additional $15. I will try to get photos posted up tomorrow and will try to get these added to our store as soon as possible.

No powder coating needed for me. And if you have enough made that aren’t spoken for, I’ll pick it up in person this weekend. [emoji6][emoji106]

JTCO

Meme King
Just to update all of you, the first batch of stingers have been made. I should note that these are not only made in the USA and here in Carson City, NV, they also are made by veterans. For those of you who'll want powder coating, I just got a quote today and it will cost an additional $15. I will try to get photos posted up tomorrow and will try to get these added to our store as soon as possible.

Very cool.

dddddd.jpg.........

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

I figured you and Cindy were welding away!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is this something that's worth while with EVO's body mounted carrier? I saw you had one on Moby in a picture recently, but not sure I've seen it on there before.

LOL!! The only reason why Moby was wearing it is because we were trying to punish the stinger to see if we could break it. As much as we love JET LI, Moby is much better at this kind of stuff. :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool[emoji106] just curious if there were any benefits to running one. Seems like it might get hung up here and there

Actually, the new design offers a lot more departure angle and we were having a hard time finding obstacles that we could really smack it onto.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a close up shot of the Hitch Stinger being field tested. I should note that the Hitch Stinger is adjustable and this is set at its extended length.

20180523220017-341009fe-me.jpg

Here's another shot of what the production piece looks like in powder coat semi-gloss black. As you'll see, this one is set in at maximum departure length.

20180523215721-41d14654-me.jpg

BillArnett

Actually, the new design offers a lot more departure angle and we were having a hard time finding obstacles that we could really smack it onto.

I don’t mean to be contrary but doesn’t that mean that it’s not really going to do much good? In order to do some damage without the stinger it would require an even worse obstacle since the stinger is a couple of inches lower than the tire.

Or is it just that you really need to go back to Moab to test it? :yup:

JTCO

Meme King
I don’t mean to be contrary but doesn’t that mean that it’s not really going to do much good? In order to do some damage without the stinger it would require an even worse obstacle since the stinger is a couple of inches lower than the tire.

Even if this thing never gets hit, it's still a major peace of mind to protect the body of your Jeep. Well worth it IMO regardless. Even if you back up during an obstacle too fast or go over a ledge too fast, this thing is there to protect rather than your spare denting your tailgate.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

IMG_1785.JPG

He’s probably testing it right down the street from where he lives. I’d rather buy this, than have a back window shattered, or the tailgate bent.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

:cheesy: Well of course you mean to be contrary, you do it all the time but I realize that's just how you are. :crazyeyes:

Ideally, you want to keep your tires on bigass rocks, not running down the middle of your Jeep. The ledges and cracks in Moab are the bigass rocks and that's where you'd need something like a stinger most. While there are big ledges down the street from me, they don't ramp or roll down the way many of the ledges in Moab do - they are more like 90° drops and way too big for our little JL. We'd just get high centered on them. While our Moby can do it, everything about him is built in a way that really makes a stinger unnecessary.