Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Metalcloak lift - Game Changer??

What timeframe are you looking at to collect on these?

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers Creeper View Post
    What timeframe are you looking at to collect on these?
    So long as I know there's legit and solid interest and have an idea of how many I need to have made, I'll front the cost and collect when they're ready to ship.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    So long as I know there's legit and solid interest and have an idea of how many I need to have made, I'll front the cost and collect when they're ready to ship.
    I'm in for a powdercoated one. Hopefully it'll be mid-June (my big paycheck, lol).

I could definitely use one of these. Bare steel works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    Sounds exactly right, I was looking at under $100 bucks or so, and if made right (will trust your judgement to do the QC) itís the best $100 spent, as it can save you some really unpleasant costs of having the bumper/tire jack your tailgate. Only question is, do you think it would still work with an aftermarket bumper and carrier? Also, do you think a weld is going to be as strong as a solid bent piece?

Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    Sounds exactly right, I was looking at under $100 bucks or so, and if made right (will trust your judgement to do the QC) itís the best $100 spent, as it can save you some really unpleasant costs of having the bumper/tire jack your tailgate. Only question is, do you think it would still work with an aftermarket bumper and carrier? Also, do you think a weld is going to be as strong as a solid bent piece?
    I've designed this to just work with 37" tire mounted onto the tailgate using the Mopar reinforcement kit. That would be as low as a spare tire would get and pushed out at the same time. With what I've got running, my spare will sit about 1" above the stinger. Pretty much any aftermarket bumper tire carrier should have the spare sitting above that so I would think it should work. As far as the weld goes, there should be no reason why it shouldn't hold up. I do plan on just making one initially and testing it out though just to make sure. Again, the advantage of doing this is that you can start angling up right from the hitch receiver as opposed to extending out substantially further to accommodate a bend.

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    Gotcha. Sounds good. Count me in.

I'll take one. Powder coated please.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Put me down for one too Eddie! Bare metal is fine. Thanks for putting in the time and effort to get these made!
    The Universe Rewards Action!

Still interested, but make it 2, instead of 3. Just say when and where to send money.

2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 37x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast