RC 2 1/2" lift on 37s

Wale79

Finally installed my Rough Country boost lift and Cooper STT Pros 37x12.5/17 this past Saturday. Took my son and I...lets just say more than the estimated time it normally takes, first timers here. I wanted to stay with the stock wheels for now, we drove it on a 2hr trip and although it does rub on full lock it is very much drivable. Especially as a daily, no loss in power noticed at all. I did feel the weight when trying to stop though. I would not recommend offroading it without spacers which I ordered through the link provided by Eddie, thanks. I will be installing those alone with some Mopar grab handles this Saturday and post pics. Thank you all, I've learned a lot by all your past experiences. I will update post when I install the spacers.20180513_151908.jpg20180513_151949.jpg20180513_124730.jpg20180513_134139.jpgScreenshot_20180507-134611_Gallery.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug

It's funny that 37's on the JL seem to be the norm right now. With the way that you can use backspacing to tuck them under the fenders, it doesn't look like much of a difference from stock. Definitely nothing like minimum backspace on full-width axles under JK's. The picture next to the stock tire gives it pretty good perspective though. Looks great and thanks for posting the pics.

Back In Black

37s are the new 35s lol. 40s are gonna be the standard the next model lol.

Yeah no joke!
Man o man - I remember all the extra stuff I needed to do to run 37’s on the JK (gears, gusset + spline the front 44). This new 8 speed is such an improvement I’m not sure I would regear, and only time will tell if the new 44 is up to the rigors of 37’s over time...

NFRs2000NYC

So far, all the wheeling I’ve seen Eddie do is more than anything I’d be doing, so if it survived his fun, it should be no issue for me.

YAHAHA

Yeah no joke!
Man o man - I remember all the extra stuff I needed to do to run 37’s on the JK (gears, gusset + spline the front 44). This new 8 speed is such an improvement I’m not sure I would regear, and only time will tell if the new 44 is up to the rigors of 37’s over time...

That's one of the reasons I didn't mind the price increase from JK to JL. It became a wash once the cost of all of the needed upgrades to the JK to match the JL.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

Wale79

Finally installed my Rough Country boost lift and Cooper STT Pros 37x12.5/17 this past Saturday. Took my son and I...lets just say more than the estimated time it normally takes, first timers here. I wanted to stay with the stock wheels for now, we drove it on a 2hr trip and although it does rub on full lock it is very much drivable. Especially as a daily, no loss in power noticed at all. I did feel the weight when trying to stop though. I would not recommend offroading it without spacers which I ordered through the link provided by Eddie, thanks. I will be installing those alone with some Mopar grab handles this Saturday and post pics. Thank you all, I've learned a lot by all your past experiences. I will update post when I install the spacers.View attachment 2536View attachment 2537View attachment 2538View attachment 2539View attachment 2540

20180521_004435.jpg20180521_020301.jpg20180521_020450.jpg20180521_004506.jpg