Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: CB Radio Installation

  1. #21
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Danville, Indiana
    Posts
    199
    Glad we've got some folks around here that are experts on what looks gay and what doesn't. I've just never had an eye for that.

  2. #22
    Caught the Bug
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Principal Skinr View Post
    Glad we've got some folks around here that are experts on what looks gay and what doesn't. I've just never had an eye for that.
    Funny


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  3. #23
    Been Around the Block JeepFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Palmenthal
    Posts
    307
    Got mine installed too... 20180524_061832.jpg
    The Universe Rewards Action!

  4. #24
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    7,241
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepFan View Post
    Got mine installed too...
    Did you end up making or buying a bracket to hang your mic?

  5. #25
    Been Around the Block JeepFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Palmenthal
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Did you end up making or buying a bracket to hang your mic?
    I probably could have made one but decided to go with the cool tec bracket.
    The Universe Rewards Action!

  6. #26
    Knows a Thing or Two RMC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    KC,MO
    Posts
    561
    How about some info on how those dash trim pieces come off for the install?

    I haven’t tried anything yet.
    Matt

    Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

    N.S.D.Q.! and Army ........... ummm, we don't have a slogan anymore.

    18 JLUR - white, 13 JKUR - white (gone), 09 JKUR - white (gone), stock 85 CJ7 - red - in storage.
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now-of course it is white too).

    My build thread https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...kopelli-begins

  7. #27
    Old Timer doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    3,051
    Quote Originally Posted by RMC2 View Post
    How about some info on how those dash trim pieces come off for the install?
    The AC head unit and trim snaps out as one piece. Starting from the right of the unit/trim (at the seam that can be seen between the microphone and the grab handle bolt) use a plastic trim tool behind the edge of the AC head trim and pull straight out rather than prying so as not to bend the plastic. Once the right side pops out, work your way around to unsnap the rest of the clips. The start / stop button also is attached to the AC trim. In fact, it has to come off in order to remove the radio trim that is bolted/screwed behind the AC head.
    Last edited by doubletapdaddy; 05-26-2018 at 05:45 AM.

  8. #28
    Knows a Thing or Two RMC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    KC,MO
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    The AC head unit and trim snaps out as one piece. Starting from the right of the unit/trim (at the seam that can be seen between the microphone and the grab handle bolt) use a plastic trim tool behind the edge of the AC head trim and pull straight out rather than prying so as not to bend the plastic. Once the right side pops out, work your way around to unsnap the rest of the clips. The start / stop button also is attached to the AC trim. In fact, it has to come off in order to remove the radio trim that is bolted/screwed behind the AC head.
    Thanks. .
    Matt

    Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

    N.S.D.Q.! and Army ........... ummm, we don't have a slogan anymore.

    18 JLUR - white, 13 JKUR - white (gone), 09 JKUR - white (gone), stock 85 CJ7 - red - in storage.
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now-of course it is white too).

    My build thread https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...kopelli-begins

  9. #29
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepFan View Post
    This ^^^^

    Here's a pic of my antenna mounted on the mopar reinforcement...

    Whichever mount you choose, the JL tailgate has virtually no ground to the body or frame. You will need a ground strap. Here's what I did...

    Also, if you get the mopar tailgate reinforcement, you will need an extented stud bolt to fit the thicker mounting tab. I was only able to find one on walcottradio. Attachment 2599Attachment 2600Attachment 2601
    Maybe a novice question, but why do you not think the tailgate reinforcement is not grounded?

  10. #30
    Hooked Bsimon187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Kingsport, TN
    Posts
    128
    Came up with a solution today to mount a smaller cb. I had some old brackets around the garage and came up with this. IMG_1004.JPGIMG_1002.JPG

    Behind that little circle that comes out is a small 10mm bolt. You can use an L bracket to slide between the plastic piece and center console. Put the screw back in and then can attach the cb using the side mounts. Mine is super solid using with a uniden 520xl.




    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •