Nate From Artec has been trying to respond to this review. But he get banned? Y?

Azaunmiller

You are correct. I do work there but I have a very good reason for posting specifically in this forum. The OP posted his initial review in multiple other online venues. Every one of these venues, the situation was solved very smoothly without administrator interference. However due to the rules of this specific forum, free interaction between OP, other posters, and the manufacturer was inhibited. Why would that be? Well the rule here is that for a manufacturer to post ANYTHING, they have to pay the forum. That’s not an open forum or dialogue. “Honest” conversations are tainted. The initial reason I posted was simply to point out that he was not advertising but answering questions raised in the OP and in post 3. Reread OP and post 3 and Artec’s reply. Thats all the so called advertising was meant to address. If Artec is prohibited from being allowed to respond without paying, how else would anyone else be able to defend or explain the situation. No one knew that we had been working very hard behind the scenes to make sure he was being taking care of and we could never post that because of the pay to play rules. Unfortunately the OP hadn’t updated so no one could actually say what was going on.

Prosecuter: The prosecution rests your honor.
Judge: He’s obviously guilty.
Defense: May we present our case?
Judge: For a nominal fee.
Defense: ok?!?
Judge: That’ll be $200

Another post I made showed an attachment screenshot that wayalife was distracted by the “redacted” bars (which were simply there to protect the OPs personal info) but no one seemed to actually read it. What it said was that I ACTUALLY HAD REPLIED TO THE OP’s EMAIL TO US ON MAY 4th AT 3:14pm. That is evidence that we had attempted contact with the customer. Whether he saw it, it went to his junk mail or whatever, it was long before the post here. That was one of the points I made earlier, that there is always another side of the story but no one could give that side. That screenshot is an important fact that I specifically wanted to post knowing that Eddie would probably figure out who I was. The reason that it’s important is because multiple posts continued to blast Artec for having never attempted to do anything in the first place and only contacting the customer and offering to fix the situation because of a public shaming. THIS IS FALSE. We did contact him so all the “should’ve answered your emails in the first place” points are moot.

How would you feel if you got this review in an email and then replied to the customer. Meanwhile you’re working very hard behind the scenes to figure out how a bumper went through production with obvious flaws. It was a first for us because we’ve sold so many of that bumper lately to very discerning and picky professional high end builders and they’ve continued to buy them because they like them so much and they work great. They would definitely never continue to buy if they had the OPs problems. Unfortunately those builders are also not allowed to post because they are a company, so no one could offer another review. So the weekend goes by and the beginning of the week and you’ve never heard back from the customer that you replied to and suddenly on some forum you find out days later that you’re being torn apart and it’s spiraling out of control because you are not allowed to post without paying. You cannot respond to anything saying we attempted contact prior to the post and assure people that we do take customer service very seriously. You cannot assure people that things are happening behind the scenes to make sure he’s being taken care of. Thats where I’m coming from.
As the OP stated he was “blown away” with how we treated him. That’s not unusual for us and it’s usually has nothing to do with a bad part. If you don’t believe me, read our Facebook reviews. It had nothing to do with his posting in this particular forum bc as I stated, this review had been posted in other forums and online groups and was resolved easily. The only reason it escalated here was because of the “rules” which prohibit a vendor for offering any explanation without having to pay the forum owner. No other forums do that.

Hopefully some of you see this before it gets deleted and understand that my using another name was a desperate attempt to at least tell the other side of the story because otherwise it would never have been told.

JLWrangler Eddie Oh

Originally posted here:
https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.php?1342-Artec-Industries-Nighthawk-front-bumper-review

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nate From Artec has been trying to respond to this review. But he get banned? Y?

Funny, I just checked your account status and it shows that you're a REGISTERED USER. If you were "banned" as you claim to have been, it would say as much. But hey, if you've said it on the internet, it must be true. :rolleyes2:

nate-2.jpg

You are correct. I do work there but I have a very good reason for posting specifically in this forum. The OP posted his initial review in multiple other online venues. Every one of these venues, the situation was solved very smoothly without administrator interference. However due to the rules of this specific forum, free interaction between OP, other posters, and the manufacturer was inhibited. Why would that be?

You'll forgive me but I couldn't care less what reason you had for BREAKING MY RULES. If you had a problem, you could have given me the courtesy and CONTACTED me to see if you could be allowed to respond. I know it's a hard concept for such a stand up guy like you to understand but believe it or not, I might have even intervened on your behalf.

Well the rule here is that for a manufacturer to post ANYTHING, they have to pay the forum.

No, the rules here state that manufacturers are not allowed to participate on this forum unless they are an advertiser. In order to become one, I'd have to approve of them being one and honestly, you're kidding yourself if you really think that I'd ever want to dirty my hands with your money.

That’s not an open forum or dialogue. “Honest” conversations are tainted.

Funny, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR POSTS are still here including the ones that never mentioned who you were and this one, suggesting that you were someone "banned". And yet, here you are trying to talk to me about "honesty". :rolleyes2:

The initial reason I posted was simply to point out that he was not advertising but answering questions raised in the OP and in post 3. Reread OP and post 3 and Artec’s reply. Thats all the so called advertising was meant to address. If Artec is prohibited from being allowed to respond without paying, how else would anyone else be able to defend or explain the situation. No one knew that we had been working very hard behind the scenes to make sure he was being taking care of and we could never post that because of the pay to play rules. Unfortunately the OP hadn’t updated so no one could actually say what was going on.

LOL!! You make it sound as if you have some kind of god given right to post up on a PRIVATELY OWNED FORUM. As the rules you were required to agree to in order to become member of my forum state and I quote, "You understand that JLWrangler.com is a privately owned website and that your ability to become a member here is a privilege and not a right."

https://jlwrangler.com/faq.php?faq=rulesfaq#faq_guidelines

Again, I'm not asking you to like or agree with my rules but I would be grateful if you would ABIDE by them just like everyone else. Why you think you're so special and should be allowed some kind of special treatment, truly is a mystery to me. The fact that you intentionally KEEP BREAKING MY RULES, was unforthcoming about who you are and have since LIED about being "banned", really is telling of the kind of person you are and the company you work for. You know, a simple admission of guilt and an APOLOGY could have gone a long way here but I'm glad to see your true colors come shining through.

Another post I made showed an attachment screenshot that wayalife was distracted by the “redacted” bars (which were simply there to protect the OPs personal info) but no one seemed to actually read it.

:cheesy: And here I thought that I was trying to be funny. Guess my comment went over your head.

What it said was that I ACTUALLY HAD REPLIED TO THE OP’s EMAIL TO US ON MAY 4th AT 3:14pm. That is evidence that we had attempted contact with the customer. Whether he saw it, it went to his junk mail or whatever, it was long before the post here. That was one of the points I made earlier, that there is always another side of the story but no one could give that side.

Again, I am struck by how you seem to think you have some kind of god given right to be on here. :thinking:

That screenshot is an important fact that I specifically wanted to post knowing that Eddie would probably figure out who I was.

Right, clearly this was the better thing to do instead of just being honest for once in your life and SAYING WHO YOU WERE.:rolleyes2:

The reason that it’s important is because multiple posts continued to blast Artec for having never attempted to do anything in the first place and only contacting the customer and offering to fix the situation because of a public shaming. THIS IS FALSE. We did contact him so all the “should’ve answered your emails in the first place” points are moot.

WRONG. What you're doing is trespassing on my private property. I clearly state ALL MY RULES up front for participating on MY forum - one that exists because I PAY FOR IT and all I ask is for people to be respectful of them and abide by them. If you had a problem, you had an obligation to contact me. PERIOD.

How would you feel if you got this review in an email and then replied to the customer. Meanwhile you’re working very hard behind the scenes to figure out how a bumper went through production with obvious flaws. It was a first for us because we’ve sold so many of that bumper lately to very discerning and picky professional high end builders and they’ve continued to buy them because they like them so much and they work great. They would definitely never continue to buy if they had the OPs problems. Unfortunately those builders are also not allowed to post because they are a company, so no one could offer another review. So the weekend goes by and the beginning of the week and you’ve never heard back from the customer that you replied to and suddenly on some forum you find out days later that you’re being torn apart and it’s spiraling out of control because you are not allowed to post without paying. You cannot respond to anything saying we attempted contact prior to the post and assure people that we do take customer service very seriously. You cannot assure people that things are happening behind the scenes to make sure he’s being taken care of. Thats where I’m coming from.

At the risk of sounding crass, grow a set of balls. If the products you make really are as good as you claim them to be, they will speak volumes and all on their own. As far as customer service goes, I've always been of the school of thought that best ones are the one I never have to call on. Of course, the fact that you felt some kind of desperate need to sign up on here for the 3rd time now, with the FULL KNOWLEDGE that you were breaking my rules, completely unapologetic about it, LYING ABOUT BEING BANNED and all just to continue this dialogue that you claim is somehow being silenced because you haven't paid me money, is truly telling about the kind of person you are and the company you work for.

As the OP stated he was “blown away” with how we treated him. That’s not unusual for us and it’s usually has nothing to do with a bad part. If you don’t believe me, read our Facebook reviews. It had nothing to do with his posting in this particular forum bc as I stated, this review had been posted in other forums and online groups and was resolved easily.

Then clearly, there was and is still NO REASON FOR YOU TO BE ON HERE.

The only reason it escalated here was because of the “rules” which prohibit a vendor for offering any explanation without having to pay the forum owner.

:cheesy: The next time you get pulled over for speeding, tell the officer that you wouldn't be getting a ticket if the speed limit was higher. No, the only reason it escalated is because YOU PURPOSELY CHOSE TO BREAK MY RULES.

No other forums do that.

Unlike "other forums" that are owned by multi-billion dollar corporations like IB and Verticalscope, this one is owned by my wife and I and you'll forgive me if we choose to run it however the hell we want. Last I checked, this is still America and in this country, we are still free to do that.

Hopefully some of you see this before it gets deleted and understand that my using another name was a desperate attempt to at least tell the other side of the story because otherwise it would never have been told.

Right, just like how all your other posts got deleted and your other user account got banned. :rolleyes2:

JLWrangler Eddie Oh

Well duh

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Nate, nice try on trying to delete your post. Too bad for you that I had already quoted it and that I have the power to UNDELETE it. You know, because I pay for this forum to exist.

azaunmiller.jpg

Rellik

I have been the full retard guy on the other forum that broke the rules and got banned. I do not plan on making that mistake here. Respect the rules and you wont have an issue

Nate

Eddie you are right. I was wrong. I apologize for violating your rules. You are in total rights to run this forum how you see fit. I honestly don’t have any hard feelings towards this forum or you. I simply felt the other side of the story should be told. I should have come to you directly to ask permission. I guess I did not fully understand that in order to post, I needed to ask your permission. I’ve never posted in your forums so I assumed that it was similar to others. I have not intentionally tried to lie and hold honesty as one of my highest beliefs. I only feared that by revealing who I was, my post would be deleted. I really didn’t make it hard registering as nate@artecindustries.com. Haha. I don’t like making enemies so I will gladly do whatever you’d like to help you know that I’m sincere and we can move past this including a public apology on either thread.
Please understand that we made an honest attempt to contact that customer. The story as I related is true and it appears the attemped email didn’t go through for whatever reason. I take great pride in our products and I was personally very distraught to see the customer have such a hard time with install because I have seen many of those bumpers go on nicely. So much that I immediately instituted several QC changes and customer service changes. We’ve been overwhelmed by calls and emails lately (for the good reasons) and yes calls get missed while we’re on the phones all the time. That has changed this last week and our system notifies of all missed calls so we can call back. We really tried to pull out all the stops for this customer and get him taken care of...it wasn’t a publicity stunt. I know this doesn’t matter to you, but I want you to know anyways.
I went about this the wrong way. I posted my original post stating that I didn’t feel it was advertising and then immediately tried to delete it. I thought I had and only later on realized it didn’t work when someone replied. I should have left it there but I’m passionate about what I do and how much I care, to a fault and I felt the need to defend myself and the company I represent.
I hope you accept my apology. I’m not the kind of person you holds grudges or likes grudges held against me. Anyone who really knows me, thinks of me as the nicest guy including Azuanmiller who is a long time customer who posted for me. That’s was a jerk move I admit, I just thought I was banned and wanted to explain myself one last time. Let me know what you like me to do.
Most sincerely,
Nate Price

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie you are right. I was wrong. I apologize for violating your rules. You are in total rights to run this forum how you see fit. I honestly don’t have any hard feelings towards this forum or you. I simply felt the other side of the story should be told. I should have come to you directly to ask permission. I guess I did not fully understand that in order to post, I needed to ask your permission. I’ve never posted in your forums so I assumed that it was similar to others. I have not intentionally tried to lie and hold honesty as one of my highest beliefs. I only feared that by revealing who I was, my post would be deleted. I really didn’t make it hard registering as nate@artecindustries.com. Haha. I don’t like making enemies so I will gladly do whatever you’d like to help you know that I’m sincere and we can move past this including a public apology on either thread.
Please understand that we made an honest attempt to contact that customer. The story as I related is true and it appears the attemped email didn’t go through for whatever reason. I take great pride in our products and I was personally very distraught to see the customer have such a hard time with install because I have seen many of those bumpers go on nicely. So much that I immediately instituted several QC changes and customer service changes. We’ve been overwhelmed by calls and emails lately (for the good reasons) and yes calls get missed while we’re on the phones all the time. That has changed this last week and our system notifies of all missed calls so we can call back. We really tried to pull out all the stops for this customer and get him taken care of...it wasn’t a publicity stunt. I know this doesn’t matter to you, but I want you to know anyways.
I went about this the wrong way. I posted my original post stating that I didn’t feel it was advertising and then immediately tried to delete it. I thought I had and only later on realized it didn’t work when someone replied. I should have left it there but I’m passionate about what I do and how much I care, to a fault and I felt the need to defend myself and the company I represent.
I hope you accept my apology. I’m not the kind of person you holds grudges or likes grudges held against me. Anyone who really knows me, thinks of me as the nicest guy including Azuanmiller who is a long time customer who posted for me. That’s was a jerk move I admit, I just thought I was banned and wanted to explain myself one last time. Let me know what you like me to do.
Most sincerely,
Nate Price

Fair enough, apology accepted. As far as what I'd like for you to do from here goes, simply be respectful of my rules. If you'd like to continue posting here as Nate, that'd even be fine by me but I would ask that you please leave shop talk at the shop, on FB or on other social media sites. If something comes up in the future that you feel needs your attention, please contact me directly about it. I assure you that I'd at least be willing to hear your side of the story.

Sincerely,
Eddie

Nate

Thank you Eddie. You’ve been more than fair. I’ve also deleted personal posts on FB and issued the apology there. I’m glad you be willing to hear me out if necessary.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Eddie. YouÂ’ve been more than fair. IÂ’ve also deleted personal posts on FB and issued the apology there. IÂ’m glad you be willing to hear me out if necessary.

:cheesy: People talking trash about me on the internet is par for the course and honestly, I couldn't care less that you were too. As I think I've made it abundantly clear, the only thing I care about is what happens here. But, I suppose I should say, thank you. :)

I hope you have a great rest of your weekend.
Eddie

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: As anyone who knows me well knows, I don't Facebook. Yeah, we maintain a page for JLWRANGLER but aside from posting up pics of things we're doing here, I never check it. Not trying to stir the pot anymore than it needs to be being that all is good now but going through my junk emails, I did come across this one. Apparently, the FB post in question.

nate.jpg

Needless to say, I wanted to add it here so that there's a record of it. In spite of what the haters out there will try to suggest, I DO NOT BAN people unless it's absolutely necessary. I DO NOT delete posts unless absolutely necessary and I DO NOT prevent people from speaking in spite of them breaking my rules but I DO ask that they be respectful of them. Clearly, if Nate were "banned" as he had suggested, he would not have been able to post up his apology here.

Nate

Again Thank you Eddie. Yes that was the post I was referring to along with another. Since I had tagged you in it, I wanted you to know that I had deleted it as a show of good faith that my apology was not just here but sincere and complete across the board. I was having trouble logging in on the forum and instead of contacting Eddie directly as I should have, I just assumed I was banned and that was not right of me to assume and drag others into this.

Sorry OverlanderJL, I am unsure which part you thought was childish. All I meant was as I just stated in the previous paragraph. I had used FB as a place to vent but once I realized I wasn't actually banned, I felt horrible and deleted them.

I would like to consider this issue closed on both the part of the customer and the forum.

Last edited: