VIDEO : MOAB - IT STARTS AGAIN / Part 4 - EVO Triple Threat Trail Run

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As always. Amazing! Wow the last time we ran the triple threat it was dark on our way out. We were a bit rattled. Lol. Long and exhausting but awesome. :thumb:

It's definitely an all day out on the trail kind of run, especially during EJS. We might have been able to finish earlier but got stuck in a really long traffic jam closer to Slide Rock.

Great vids, im intrested to know how well the 2.0 did compared to your 3.8. Looking forward to more videos, thanks for all the great content.

Actually, we have a 3.6L in our JL but the 2.0L did awesome. Of course, it was hard to compare apples to apples being that we were running 37's and the 2.0L was still on stock 33's. That being said, it really is a rocket in stock form as you can see in the video. :yup:

Moab is on the bucket list..after watching your videos it just made it to the top of the list. Thank you

LOL!! Awesome, it really is a must for every Jeeper :yup:

IT’s always fun to watch a new WayALife vid :) I’m still trying to learn how to do those tracking shots. It looks like you have the camera on a dolly it’s so smooth!

LOL!! Why thank you.

Very nice. I love the EVO red, white, and blue JL. The stock Jeep did great.

The EVO wrap really is sweet and yes, with a great driver behind the wheel, a stock JL can do wonders :yup:

Amazing video ! Love it , makes me want to spend some money;)

:cheesy: Sorry about that :D

Another great video.

Watching that stock JLUR reinforces my desire to keep ours stock even though I'm dying to put on 35s & 2" lift!

Honestly, I think 2" of lift and 35's is a perfect setup for a JLUR :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As usual, great video. Funny... I didn't realize there were four parts. Because I assumed two parts, I was pleasantly surprised when part three popped up and then very happy when four arrived today. Love, love, love watching your videos, especially now with the JL. Although the Hurricane 2.0 was nice to see, I really enjoyed watching Cindy drive Jet Li toward the very end. I swear it sounded like there was an old school four barrel under the hood.

LOL!! Surprisingly, the 3.6L really does have a nice sound when you get on it. We really like it a lot. In stock form, the 2.0L is crazy fast though.

Love this! Can you share feedback on what the 2.0T was like? Dying to hear everything I can about it.

Hmmm. Am I the only one that watched the whole way to the end past the credits? Maybe I knew how the day went lol

Great video as always!

:cheesy: And here I was just about to say :D

Glad you liked the video. Cindy and I are so glad that we stuck around for another day if only because we had such a blast wheeling with you and Jenna. Of course, driving all night after the fact and arriving back at home around noon was a bummer but it was worth it. Hope we can do it again soon. :yup:

Those sliders are really getting a beating on stock JLU......but what a capable Jeep. I'd love to have a return on the 2.0 performance as we are getting it here!!!

The 2.0L Turbo rocks! Unlike JK's with superchargers, there is no lag or delay and if anything, they have tons of torque and right when you need it. Of course, as you can see in the very very end of the video, they are a rocket too.

I can assure you no dolly. Purely done by hand. They do a great job.

Well, we do have electrical tape holding our Handycam together. That's has to account for something :crazyeyes:

The turbo 2.0 seems to be a good 2nd choice. if it is like most other boosted engines it most likely requires 91 octane. For me the 3.6 with the 8 speed transmission was the right choice for us

The 3.6L with 8-speed is a great setup for sure. I can't say that I have any regrets going with it but I won't lie, the 2.0L turbo is pretty awesome.

Awesome video. Great for a lazy morning and watching before heading out to test out the EVO lift and King shock install I finished yesterday.

Awesome! Please be sure to take and post up pics :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
91+ is recommended for max performance but not required. Miracle.of direct injection is ability to control knock. The 3.6 and 8 speed is a great combo too

Sent via....

Wow, I did not know that. Very cool! :thumb:

Great video, nice work by the stock JL. 2.0 turbo looks fun, wonder how big heavy tires/wheels will effect it on the low end of the rpm range.

Now that is the $64,000 question and what I'd really like to know as well. As I recall, even the 3.6L was pretty peppy in stock form. Heck, it still is but the 2.0L really is frickin fast on stock tires.

Another great video. Loved seeing Scott's stock JL kicking ass out there, too. And loved the footage and feedback at the end in regards to the 2.0 power train, definitely going with that when we purchase.

As much as the JL is an awesome vehicle, it really does need to be noted that Scott really is a great driver. I don't think just anyone could hop in a JL and make it do what he was able to do.

Thanks for another great video to feed the obsession! Was there an angle iron stinger protecting the spare on the back of the EVO Jeep?

EVO was just running a flipped hitch tongue with a block of wood bolted on where the ball would go to help support the tire. :crazyeyes:

JAGS

Another great vid. It was cool to see different JLs as you pointed out.

Given your history and seeing the three in action, what are any key take aways good or bad between the JL and the JK.

Also, how about that EVO long arm kit??? [emoji108] I haven’t seen much put about about driveshafts, etc that I think would be necessary.

Mel’s such a great driver, I doubt he even used his new sliders, but I really considering those or the LoD.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another great vid. It was cool to see different JLs as you pointed out.

Given your history and seeing the three in action, what are any key take aways good or bad between the JL and the JK.

Also, how about that EVO long arm kit??? [emoji108] I haven’t seen much put about about driveshafts, etc that I think would be necessary.

Mel’s such a great driver, I doubt he even used his new sliders, but I really considering those or the LoD.

Surprisingly, the slightly shorter wheel base on the JKU has a slight advantage when it comes to breakover angles. The JL transmission thing is annoying but it can be dealt with by being in manual mode. Turning radius on the JL is noticably better. Power on the JL with a 3.6L and 8-speed auto is significantly better even with 37's. The 2.0L in stock form is frickin awesome. Give me some time and I'll think of more :yup:

LOL!! A great driver will purposefully use his sliders on obstacles that require it.

JAGS

Surprisingly, the slightly shorter wheel base on the JKU has a slight advantage when it comes to breakover angles. The JL transmission thing is annoying but it can be dealt with by being in manual mode. Turning radius on the JL is noticably better. Power on the JL with a 3.6L and 8-speed auto is significantly better even with 37's. The 2.0L in stock form is frickin awesome. Give me some time and I'll think of more :yup:

LOL!! A great driver will purposefully use his sliders on obstacles that require it.

You mentioned turning radius. How bout the new power steering in the rocks?

The trans stall deal is a real bummer. I do like the added power of the new transmission though and glad to hear some of that sticks, even with bigger tires, and even without a re-gear. [emoji106]

Lol. Well, exactly my point, not sure he needed his sliders. [emoji23] I think most of my scratches were not “required.” Ha ha.

Black Rubi

Jeepin fun! Thanks for sharing!

Open invitation to come play in Far Nor Cal. We have an epic place for you to stay and use as a base...just say when!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You mentioned turning radius. How bout the new power steering in the rocks?

The trans stall deal is a real bummer. I do like the added power of the new transmission though and glad to hear some of that sticks, even with bigger tires, and even without a re-gear. [emoji106]

Lol. Well, exactly my point, not sure he needed his sliders. [emoji23] I think most of my scratches were not “required.” Ha ha.

I found the steering to do pretty well on the rocks. Surprisingly so. Still a far cry from ram assist but better than what you'd feel in a JK for sure.

Great video as usual. It's great to see the capabilities of the JL at the different build levels.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it :)

Open invitation to come play in Far Nor Cal. We have an epic place for you to stay and use as a base...just say when!

Why thank you. Where about in far Nor Cal are we talking about?

No cliffs, my kind of wheeling! Nice end to a great series! Thanks!

LOL!! I won't lie, that thought did come to mind - that this would be a run for you :crazyeyes:

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Loved the video! So cool all the flex the evo JL gets! Also the stock JL is crazy flexy! Scott wheeling it like a pro

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Loved the video! So cool all the flex the evo JL gets! Also the stock JL is crazy flexy! Scott wheeling it like a pro

It's funny because Mel had to take things very carefully being that he was still running a factory front drive shaft. If he weren't careful, the shaft would pull apart. :crazyeyes:

Scott really knows how to make a stock JL shine :yup: