Thread: Beadlock Maximum Tire Pressure/Speed

Fresh Catch

Beadlock Maximum Tire Pressure/Speed

My first time with Beadlocks, but my mechanic is suggesting the new Mopar Wheels I have should not be mounted in the true beadlock position either above a certain PSI or traveling at highway speeds.

Now I am new to this, but it sounds to me like he doesn't know what he's talking about. Probably just reading the warning that came with the packaging since beadlocks are not on the DOT approved list.

Anyone have any trouble running beadlocks at full tire pressure or at highway speeds?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Matt

Been running beadlocks for years and years and on multiple Jeeps. So long as you install them correctly, you shouldn't have any problems at full street pressure.

Ive had beadlocks for years and have driven all over the east coast and frequent 8 hour drives from SC to VA and back. Install them correctly and you shouldn't have an our issue.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Thanks much you two for confirming. Now to go tell the mechanic to do it over again. On a positive note, I'm finally a JL owner!!! Just got it Wednesday. Still haven't gotten around to posting any pics. Will try to do it soon.