D*mn look what I continue to do.

ubbb69

Interesting about the tire carrier and CHMSL mount differences.
It was interesting. I do not understand why they would want to produce so many different parts for the same purpose.
Nice Jeep! I agree, the bright white is a great color for the Wrangler. Bright white looks better covered in mud though.
View attachment 2588

That cover looks great. Unfortunate placement of the camera through his anatomy though. How did you cut the cover to get the camera through? Did you weld the edges so the cover doesn't tear as it flaps in the breeze?

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

Yeah I am digging the white. Mud will happen when we finally get some free time. The wife is in the middle of chemo and it eats up all of our time right now. The cover was welded on the edges and cut tight to camera stem. The locking cover holds it in place and does not allow it to flap. I also love the placement of the camera but my sense of humor is warped.

ubbb69

I am no fan of mud either! Spent the last couple days in the sun running state Forrest land. Glad I had a sun top!
277ED245-D607-4F53-B978-3AB1AAEBC218.jpg

13_gecko_rubi

It was interesting. I do not understand why they would want to produce so many different parts for the same purpose.

One of the many things unique about the Rubicon on the JL. The rear tire was lowered for better visibility on the Sport and Sahara but they wanted to maintain departure angle and ability to mount a 35 on the Rubicon so they have unique parts. There are many little things that are different on Rubicon now. Since you have one of each see if you can find them all :)

Sent via....

ubbb69

Good looking sun shade. Glad to see someone is making these already.
Thanks I really like the shade. It fits perfectly.
Where did you get that sweet blockoff plate for the rear vents?! :):D
Ace :0) thanks. Been eyeing the sliders with steps you are making. When can I order some?
Love the JL sans rear bumper.
It is growing on me. I had plans to build a bumper but I may leave it this way.
One of the many things unique about the Rubicon on the JL. The rear tire was lowered for better visibility on the Sport and Sahara but they wanted to maintain departure angle and ability to mount a 35 on the Rubicon so they have unique parts. There are many little things that are different on Rubicon now. Since you have one of each see if you can find them all :)
I am finding items all the time that are different. So far I have front bumper, back bumper, flares, suspension, tire carrier, and hood. A question about the suspension. Are the controll arms different lengths also? I am transferring the coils and lift off of Jethro “the Rubi” to Jumomjeep shortly and have not had time to check control arms yet.

Sent via....

ubbb69

So tires for Jumomjeep showed up. And we got the doors off finally. Also some parts for Jethro are starting to show up.
BEDED2BA-F458-47D5-BFB8-862758D046B5.jpgC494C015-18E9-4550-89D0-A1CA79042E33.jpg984FCAD9-3700-4276-953B-520407C371E6.jpg72E9A053-8BEA-4576-83C8-43784E7AAD0D.jpgA130908D-29F5-4180-A537-1C42E79C7958.jpg

BillArnett

Whick RK lift did you go with & how are you liking it so far? How about the coopers? Are they noisy?

I have the 37 version of those tires. I do hear a bit of noise from them but it’s hardly noticeable with all the other noise the JL makes. Not an issue at all for me.

ubbb69

Whick RK lift did you go with & how are you liking it so far? How about the coopers? Are they noisy?
. Went with the Flex system for now. Shipping shows the rest of the kit showing up tomorrow. Coopers are a little noisy but I would say the quietest mud tire I have ran to date. IMO it sounds perfect on a Jeep.

I have the 37 version of those tires. I do hear a bit of noise from them but it’s hardly noticeable with all the other noise the JL makes. Not an issue at all for me.
I agree they are a little noisy.

ubbb69

43D01D20-5FF4-43D3-8F6F-DB17A7AA5F9F.jpg
Whick RK lift did you go with & how are you liking it so far?

So being ride quality is subjective I have an opinion forming now. On road Rk hit this out of the park for my vision of good ride quality. I gained back the height that the factory coils were sagging from the winch and bumper. It smoothed out the harsh affect when you hit a square edge such as a pot hole. The amount of non body roll is perfect when cornering aggressively. And the coil rate is spot on for the jl. I am a happy camper with the lift. My original plan was to try EVO coils on Jumomjeep but I think another Rockkrawler is going onto it. The coil seats for the front work superbly at keeping the coils straight as a bonus.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
View attachment 2994

So being ride quality is subjective I have an opinion forming now. On road Rk hit this out of the park for my vision of good ride quality. I gained back the height that the factory coils were sagging from the winch and bumper. It smoothed out the harsh affect when you hit a square edge such as a pot hole. The amount of non body roll is perfect when cornering aggressively. And the coil rate is spot on for the jl. I am a happy camper with the lift. My original plan was to try EVO coils on Jumomjeep but I think another Rockkrawler is going onto it. The coil seats for the front work superbly at keeping the coils straight as a bonus.

I find it hard to believe your coils were sagging already.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app