Artec Industries Nighthawk front bumper review

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So. Are people only allowed to speak when they've reached forum god status?

Just because Artec or you chose not to read them, that doesn't mean there weren't rules and conditions you were required to agree to in order to become a member of this forum. The very first paragraph states the following:

"You understand that it is the policy of JLWrangler.com to NOT allow manufacturers, vendors, dealers, shops, Jeep related businesses, competing websites or for-profit publications to participate on JLWrangler.com unless they are a supporting advertiser."

Since you seemed to have missed it, here's a link to the rules:
https://jlwrangler.com/faq.php?faq=rulesfaq#faq_guidelines

I guess you're right :thinking:. Here I was considering advertising as mentioning a specific product (which he didn't even though this is in thread about a product), with a price attached, and features about said product but replying about the exact customer service situation and giving someone the chance to explain themselves is definitely advertising.

I can't say that I understand why any of this matters to you but clearly, you are entitled to your opinion. That being said, that this is my forum, my rules exist for a reason and I enforce them for the benefit of the companies who've chosen to support us. I'm not asking you or Artec to like my rules, just to abide by them.

You know there are always two sides of the story right? It would be nice if the other side could even reply. I reach out to companies all the time and don't get a response only to find their response in my junk mail.:doh:

You make it sound like I should care. Truth be told, I might have cared IF Artec had followed my rules and maybe sent me an email to let me know what was going on. Certainly, I don't have any beef with them. I won't lie though, the fact that they totally disregarded my rules and just came on here to ADVERTISE how much they care about their customers, does kinda rub me the wrong way.

Just because you roll your eyes doesn't mean you're right.

LOL!! And just because you came on here just to be all high and mighty doesn't mean you're right.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Case in point

:cheesy: I feel like I'm looking at redacted documents from a Russian probe.

Clearly, you're some kind of super fanboy and with close enough ties to Artec that they'd share something like this with you. That being said, why you'd think I should care is beyond me. Again, I don't have a beef with Artec and all I'm trying to do is enforce my rules.

JTCO

Meme King

Geez almighty, have some respect. No need to be a drama queen. I was pretty gentle on Artec, and simply told them to contact Admin. Yet here you had to come along with a dud of a first post as if you have some skin in the game.

Case in point

1luloe.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

I guess you're right :thinking:. Here I was considering advertising as mentioning a specific product (which he didn't even though this is in thread about a product), with a price attached, and features about said product but replying about the exact customer service situation and giving someone the chance to explain themselves is definitely advertising. You know there are always two sides of the story right? It would be nice if the other side could even reply. I reach out to companies all the time and don't get a response only to find their response in my junk mail.:doh:

I don’t get it, man. Artec was very nicely asked to contact the Administrator, before posting again, as per forum rules. Why all the drama from you? I guess you didn’t read them.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Bongoray

Artec UPDATE

Artec Industries UPDATE!

I wanted to give a quick update. I reached out to Northridge4x4.com, where I bought the bumper and they couldn't have been better. They were able to get a hold of Artec and provide me with the missing instructions for the bumper and the sway bar skid plate. It turns out the "odd" bracket Artec sent was indeed the nut rivet tool, which wasn't what I was expecting. I was able to install the sway bar guard in about 20 min after receiving the necessary directions. Not only did Northridge step up to the plate, but Artec did as well. They both got a hold of me and provided additional photos on the install and instructions.

What happened next blew me away, not only did the contact at Artec email me, he gave me his personal cell phone in case I needed to get a hold of him with any problems on the install, but it didn't end there. Artec apologized for the troubles and took ownership of the quality escape. They said that they stand behind their products and were admittedly short handed in their customer service department. He assured me that they are actively hiring to avoid delays in taking care of customer issues. Not only that he made me two offers to make up for the trouble during my install:

1. If I was unhappy with the bumper they would ship me a replacement at no charge and issue my credit card a $300 credit to allow me to get the new bumper painted. ($300 is what it cost to get the current one done).

or

2. If I was happy with the front bumper installed as is, they will send me the matching rear bumper ($650 retail) to me at no charge.

Honestly I was blown away. I didn't ask for anything other than some instructions and some help on the install, nor did I expect a response like this. I was definitely upset with the install, but as I mentioned in my review I was impressed with the build quality and the looks. I will definitely give Artec another chance and I'm looking forward to the matching rear bumper. Thank you to Northridge and Artec for going above and beyond. It was unexpected and very much appreciated!

I didn't want any drama out of this, I just wanted to share my experience.IMG_5739.jpg

Sinerely,
Ray

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to hear Artec helped you out and that you're now a happy customer. It's a shame that I now know they aren't the most honest company though.

As you know, the member Nate signed up yesterday just to make his self-righteous post. Apparently, he later send me the following PM.

Nate said:
For some reason I cannot post. My posting permissions say I cannot start a new thread, post to a thread or edit a post.

Being that I was already engaged in talking to him here on this thread, I didn't give it much thought until now. Looking at his account to see what might have been going on, this is what I found.

nate.jpg

Nice going Nate Price! Yeah, I looked you up. As I said, I've never had a beef with Artec in the past but now that I know what kind of business you are and the levels you'd be willing to stoop to, I'd have a really hard time recommending your products to anyone. Because Artec was asked not to post on here, you just had to sign up as if not using the name "Artec" would somehow make difference. I should note, you had multiple opportunities to come clean and say who you really are but for some reason, you chose not to. I hope your desperate desire to ADVERTISE YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE on here was worth it. Oh, and here's a rollyeyes for you because not only am I right, I have PROOF to back it up. :rolleyes2:

longarmwj

Glad to hear Artec helped you out and that you're now a happy customer. It's a shame that I now know they aren't the most honest company though.

As you know, the member Nate signed up yesterday just to make his self-righteous post. Apparently, he later send me the following PM.

Being that I was already engaged in talking to him here on this thread, I didn't give it much thought until now. Looking at his account to see what might have been going on, this is what I found.

View attachment 2443

Nice going Nate Price! Yeah, I looked you up. As I said, I've never had a beef with Artec in the past but now that I know what kind of business you are and the levels you'd be willing to stoop to, I'd have a really hard time recommending your products to anyone. Because Artec was asked not to post on here, you just had to sign up as if not using the name "Artec" would somehow make difference. I should note, you had multiple opportunities to come clean and say who you really are but for some reason, you chose not to. I hope your desperate desire to ADVERTISE YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE on here was worth it. Oh, and here's a rollyeyes for you because not only am I right, I have PROOF to back it up. :rolleyes2:

Well that escalated quickly!! Detective Oh is on the case it seems!!

Sad that a seemingly decent company would pull a move like that. Especially when it seems like they have some decent product. I was eyeing their skid plate system for my JKU before I ordered my JLU. Glad now I didn’t pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

I guess you're right :thinking:. Here I was considering advertising as mentioning a specific product (which he didn't even though this is in thread about a product), with a price attached, and features about said product but replying about the exact customer service situation and giving someone the chance to explain themselves is definitely advertising. You know there are always two sides of the story right? It would be nice if the other side could even reply. I reach out to companies all the time and don't get a response only to find their response in my junk mail.:doh:

You’re not hearing it. The OP said that he called and emailed the company to no avail. Only after he posted his review on a public forum did the company decide they were going to take time out of their day, but not to help the OP, but to help themselves by trying to save face and their reputation. The right thing to do would have been for artec to post “were so sorry op, please post your PayPal address so we can refund you the purchase price of the bumper, and here are some stickers and bags for your troubles.” However, the OP is still out money for a product that didn’t fit right, and nothing has been done to help him. Customer service is a lost art.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Thank you. Going for my first off road adventure this weekend. 50 Jeeps going at a ski resort just south of Buffalo.

Kissing Bridge? Holiday Valley? I don't ski, but I spent lots of time in my youth eating pizza and shooting pool up near Kissing Bridge. LOL.