MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU : Explorations Along the Extraterrestrial Highway

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow there is just so much more land out west to explore. Your trip looked amazing.

It is the reason why we live where we live :yup:

Awesome trip report and photos!! Thanks for taking us along.

Glad you enjoyed following our adventures :cool:

Gettin out there where you can see what others only hear about and see it firsthand. You may want to invest in a GARMIN gps handheld. No doubt you were standing on top of hundreds of geocaches.

LOL!! You're probably right.

Cool Stuff! ... I gotta get out to Nevada. Looks like a ton to explore. [emoji1360]

It's a drive just to get started but oh so worth it for those who can appreciate it :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What great pictures! Thanks for sharing the trip with all of us!

So glad you liked it :)

Do you guys keep a room at the Mizpah? Love the adventures and the SW US.

Those old hangers are wooden, so just old age likely took it down.

LOL!! We would if we could. Everyone there knows us by name :crazyeyes:

Regarding the hanger, more than likely just old age. We actually debated about taking our JL into the one you see being that there are nails everywhere. You can almost watch them working themselves out of the wood.

RMC2

So glad you liked it :)

LOL!! We would if we could. Everyone there knows us by name :crazyeyes:

Regarding the hanger, more than likely just old age. We actually debated about taking our JL into the one you see being that there are nails everywhere. You can almost watch them working themselves out of the wood.

I have spent some time in those old wooden WWII wooden hangers, to include sleeping in one with my Army aviation battalion while on an exercise. The large open WOODEN spans are amazing. They were in a little better shape, but still rough, though. I always contemplate what these various old places looked like in their glory days. My wife is trying to figure out how to get back to the SW at least part time when I retire in 24 months, so we can enjoy the weather and explore more.

draykas

Nice post and pics

Thanks for sharing the nice post and pics. Makes me want to get wife and do road trip. out here be more trees and not so much desert

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have spent some time in those old wooden WWII wooden hangers, to include sleeping in one with my Army aviation battalion while on an exercise. The large open WOODEN spans are amazing. They were in a little better shape, but still rough, though. I always contemplate what these various old places looked like in their glory days. My wife is trying to figure out how to get back to the SW at least part time when I retire in 24 months, so we can enjoy the weather and explore more.

Wendover Airfield is the place you need to go to see what a place like this was like in its glory days. :yup:

RMC2

Wendover Airfield is the place you need to go to see what a place like this was like in its glory days. :yup:

Thanks for the tip.

Just looked it up. Training site for the crew of the Enola Gay. Seen the plane, now need to see the airfield.

Last edited: