Help me I cant stop!

Rellik

Coming along nicely :thumb:
The one thing I should have expected but caught me by surprise was how tall these tires are when installed on the stock 7.5" rim. We were parked next to another JL with the same tires but they had 9.5" wide rims. Obviously the tires on the 9.5' rims are much wider.

Rellik

BTW I picked up my 2nd Key fob last week. Seems that after Jeep Cares got involved everyone got a lot more concerned about the issue. Thank you to them and the forum as I believe without their involvement I would still be pissing in the wind

Rellik

following Eddies lead and removed the plastic rear bumper...luckily we had no damage.

Attachments

• jl wheel.jpg
    jl wheel.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Onlyone

Looks great! I copied off Eddie a few weeks ago and nixed that rear bumper. Much better looking IMO. :thumb:

Rellik

Yellowstone or Bust

Going to go explore yellowstone and grand teton national parks. see you all on the flip side

Attachments

• jl wheel.jpg
    jl wheel.jpg
Last edited:

Rellik

Plates came in today. So I followed our fearless leader and did what he did. :)

Attachments

• jl wheel.jpg
    jl wheel.jpg
Last edited:

ubbb69

Good looking Jeep. Wondering why this thread was not moved to show and tell though. That is where Eddie stuck mine.

Rellik

Back from 10 days at yellowstone. Greae vacation with the JL as my tow vehicle

Attachments

• jl wheel.jpg
    jl wheel.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Rellik

So ever since installing the 37" tire on the relocation bracket on the tailgate there has been a constant rattle over every bump. Yesterday i tried adjusting the latch and catch but the rattle was still there while hitting any bumps on the road. I ended up taking a 3/8" rubber hose cutting a 3" section of it and slicing down one side of it. I used the rubber hose section and installed it on the bottom of the tailgate. This has taken all of the rattle out of the tailgate and since the hose is installed on the bottom you cant see it unless you are looking for it. FYI my isolators are making full contact with the spare tire. This rattle was coming from the bottom of the tailgate shaking and touching the back of the jeep where the weather stripping is not thick enough to prevent metal to metal contact.

Rellik

Rancho shocks

I ordered a set of shocks 30 plus days ago and they still had not shipped. I ended up canceling the order and went with the Falcon 2.1 monotubes. I know that Teraflex is not known for their quality but with limited options for the JL with out breaking the bank and being Kims Jl "Rocky" is more likely to see mild dirt roads and pavement. Ill keep close tabs on the shocks and we will see how they do.