Got the sliders installed. Pretty straight forward

Attachments

• jl wheel.jpg
    jl wheel.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Mud Bug

Got the sliders installed. Pretty straight forward

Looking forward to seeing how these work out. I had looked at something similar for my 2014 JKU but hubs talked me out of it. He said things like this (with more working parts) could be more likely to malfunction because they are attached to areas that are meant to get banged into by rocks a lot. For example.. Can they get misaligned or damaged in a way that prevents them from popping back out again? Can rocks, mud, or grit get into those cracks and jam it up? I hope not, so I am excited to see how they hold up for you! (I have not gotten new sliders yet myself.. still window shopping)

Rellik

Looking forward to seeing how these work out. I had looked at something similar for my 2014 JKU but hubs talked me out of it. He said things like this (with more working parts) could be more likely to malfunction because they are attached to areas that are meant to get banged into by rocks a lot. For example.. Can they get misaligned or damaged in a way that prevents them from popping back out again? Can rocks, mud, or grit get into those cracks and jam it up? I hope not, so I am excited to see how they hold up for you! (I have not gotten new sliders yet myself.. still window shopping)

Hi Janice,
Im sure all of those things you mention are possible but they seem to be built very well and they do come with a lock out switch that turns them off if an issue arises. I will keep you posted as time goes by

Mud Bug

Hi Janice,
Im sure all of those things you mention are possible but they seem to be built very well and they do come with a lock out switch that turns them off if an issue arises. I will keep you posted as time goes by

Thanks! I am all about accessibility (have small kids and my JL is my daily driver, transporting said kids to school. Oh my gosh the one is like sliding in and out on his belly). On my JK I made a mistake of having the ones that always hang down and those were (what I called) crack catchers. They were great for the kids and my elderly mom to climb up into the lifted jeep, but they got hung up on everything. Finding that middle-ground happy place is my mission now. My top choice right now are the LOD Signature series sliders. I am looking forward to seeing how yours go. When they are tucked up, they look nice and sleek. Not sure how I feel about them while down, but I believe that is only those moments the door is actually hanging open and someone is using them.

Rellik

Rocky isnt going to have a bunch of lights sooo I decided to splurge a bit on 2300 lumen KC G34 cubes at the A pillars.

Attachments

• jl wheel.jpg
    jl wheel.jpg
Last edited:

Rellik

Coil over install has begun

well....so far so good. Driver side complete

Attachments

• jl wheel.jpg
    jl wheel.jpg
Last edited:

Rellik

coil overs complete

took me a couple of days but got it done. admittedly Rocky is sitting high. I will give it a couple of days for things to sette and drop the lift a couple of inches and go from there.

Attachments

• jl wheel.jpg
    jl wheel.jpg
Last edited:

Rellik

The ride although a bit stiffer then stock is amazing on the street. I will let you know how the ride Off road goes once we try it out