Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Our new 2" SPORT Jeep JL suspension system is here for the Rubicon platform!

Caught the Bug

Our new 2" SPORT Jeep JL suspension system is here for the Rubicon platform!

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Which kits had adjustable control arms or brackets and which didnít.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Yeah some did and some didnít. The main thing I want in my lift for the JL is going to be adjustable track bars. Also making sure the roll Center stays at a factory level.

Most kits are offering at least extended fixed length lower arms which can work for 2.5 and under lift. I understand the geometry, but the amount of bow in the mopar coils by raising the spring height only 2 inches should not impact the axle shift that significantly. If it does they should have included a tracbar as part of that $1500 kit.

I was told by more than one person though that the spring rates were too soft. 🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by JLU_RUBI View Post
    Yeah some did and some didnít. The main thing I want in my lift for the JL is going to be adjustable track bars. Also making sure the roll Center stays at a factory level.

Most kits are offering at least extended fixed length lower arms which can work for 2.5 and under lift. I understand the geometry, but the amount of bow in the mopar coils by raising the spring height only 2 inches should not impact the axle shift that significantly. If it does they should have included a tracbar as part of that $1500 kit.

I was told by more than one person though that the spring rates were too soft. 🤷*♂️

Yeah.... you have no clue what you are talking about.

2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Yeah.... you have no clue what you are talking about.

IMG_3729.jpg

Yeah youíre right....

IMG_3729.jpg

Yeah youíre right....

OMG Iím so impressed you have some mud on your jeep and parked on some rocks. I canít imagine how big your dick must be.

2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Nothing but a Thing
    IMG_3729.jpg

Yeah youíre right....

He actually is right. The spring rates should be soft. If they fixed the bow by increasing spring rate it means they made the ride suck. The JL has softer springs rates than a JK.

Sent via....

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Anenoso View Post
    Moparís kit is just listed for Wrangler JL, it doesnít specify rubicon, sport or Sahara. If there is a difference, why isnít it listed for Moparís kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They designed theirs to fit all. Some other folks may have gone a different route. That was my only point. I don't know what each company did or why sorry.

Sent via....

Coils bowing aren't a huge deal to me, but knowing Rancho took the time to tune this kit specifically for a Rubicon, I would stick with Rancho myself.

That's cool that people would "tell" you that but that doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by 13_gecko_rubi
    If they fixed the bow by increasing spring rate it means they made the ride suck.
    You sound like someone who's had as much experience running a whole host of different coils just like me

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO
    Coils bowing aren't a huge deal to me, but knowing Rancho took the time to tune this kit specifically for a Rubicon, I would stick with Rancho myself.
    What I can tell you is that of all the coils that were made for the JK, Rancho had some of the most comfortable and right from the very beginning. While they may not have the kind of marketing or fanboy base, they do have a longer history than most combined, are owned by a major tier 1 company where getting it right is critical and they make all their lifts here in the USA.

Looks like the Rancho lift is similar to the Mopar lift, except no new LCA's. Are we comparing Apples and oranges here? i'm sure the Rancho lift will be less money. I'm planning on added a minimal lift to run 315/70/17 tires on Mopar beadlocks

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    What I can tell you is that of all the coils that were made for the JK, Rancho had some of the most comfortable and right from the very beginning. While they may not have the kind of marketing or fanboy base, they do have a longer history than most combined, are owned by a major tier 1 company where getting it right is critical and they make all their lifts here in the USA.
    And I think that Tier 1 parent may have a little experience on Wrangler, just saying :-)

Sent via....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast