Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 72

Thread: Our new 2" SPORT Jeep JL suspension system is here for the Rubicon platform!

  1. #21
    Caught the Bug
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Seminole, FL
    Posts
    55

    Our new 2" SPORT Jeep JL suspension system is here for the Rubicon platform!

    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Which kits had adjustable control arms or brackets and which didnít.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Yeah some did and some didnít. The main thing I want in my lift for the JL is going to be adjustable track bars. Also making sure the roll Center stays at a factory level.

    Most kits are offering at least extended fixed length lower arms which can work for 2.5 and under lift. I understand the geometry, but the amount of bow in the mopar coils by raising the spring height only 2 inches should not impact the axle shift that significantly. If it does they should have included a tracbar as part of that $1500 kit.

    I was told by more than one person though that the spring rates were too soft. 🤷*♂️


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  2. #22
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    4,305
    Quote Originally Posted by JLU_RUBI View Post
    Yeah some did and some didnít. The main thing I want in my lift for the JL is going to be adjustable track bars. Also making sure the roll Center stays at a factory level.

    Most kits are offering at least extended fixed length lower arms which can work for 2.5 and under lift. I understand the geometry, but the amount of bow in the mopar coils by raising the spring height only 2 inches should not impact the axle shift that significantly. If it does they should have included a tracbar as part of that $1500 kit.

    I was told by more than one person though that the spring rates were too soft. 🤷*♂️


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Yeah.... you have no clue what you are talking about.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

  3. #23
    Caught the Bug
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Seminole, FL
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Yeah.... you have no clue what you are talking about.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    IMG_3729.jpg

    Yeah youíre right....



    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  4. #24
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    4,305
    Quote Originally Posted by JLU_RUBI View Post
    IMG_3729.jpg

    Yeah youíre right....



    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    OMG Iím so impressed you have some mud on your jeep and parked on some rocks. I canít imagine how big your dick must be.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

  5. #25
    Nothing but a Thing
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by JLU_RUBI View Post
    IMG_3729.jpg

    Yeah youíre right....



    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    He actually is right. The spring rates should be soft. If they fixed the bow by increasing spring rate it means they made the ride suck. The JL has softer springs rates than a JK.

    Sent via....

  6. #26
    Nothing but a Thing
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Anenoso View Post
    Moparís kit is just listed for Wrangler JL, it doesnít specify rubicon, sport or Sahara. If there is a difference, why isnít it listed for Moparís kit?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They designed theirs to fit all. Some other folks may have gone a different route. That was my only point. I don't know what each company did or why sorry.

    Sent via....

  7. #27
    Meme King JTCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mom's Basement
    Posts
    4,261
    Coils bowing aren't a huge deal to me, but knowing Rancho took the time to tune this kit specifically for a Rubicon, I would stick with Rancho myself.

  8. #28
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    7,247
    Quote Originally Posted by JLU_RUBI View Post
    I was told by more than one person though that the spring rates were too soft. 🤷*♂️
    That's cool that people would "tell" you that but that doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by 13_gecko_rubi
    If they fixed the bow by increasing spring rate it means they made the ride suck.
    You sound like someone who's had as much experience running a whole host of different coils just like me

    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO
    Coils bowing aren't a huge deal to me, but knowing Rancho took the time to tune this kit specifically for a Rubicon, I would stick with Rancho myself.
    What I can tell you is that of all the coils that were made for the JK, Rancho had some of the most comfortable and right from the very beginning. While they may not have the kind of marketing or fanboy base, they do have a longer history than most combined, are owned by a major tier 1 company where getting it right is critical and they make all their lifts here in the USA.

  9. #29
    Looks like the Rancho lift is similar to the Mopar lift, except no new LCA's. Are we comparing Apples and oranges here? i'm sure the Rancho lift will be less money. I'm planning on added a minimal lift to run 315/70/17 tires on Mopar beadlocks

  10. #30
    Nothing but a Thing
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    What I can tell you is that of all the coils that were made for the JK, Rancho had some of the most comfortable and right from the very beginning. While they may not have the kind of marketing or fanboy base, they do have a longer history than most combined, are owned by a major tier 1 company where getting it right is critical and they make all their lifts here in the USA.
    And I think that Tier 1 parent may have a little experience on Wrangler, just saying :-)



    Sent via....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •