Our new 2" SPORT Jeep JL suspension system is here for the Rubicon platform!

JLU_RUBI

Our new 2" SPORT Jeep JL suspension system is here for the Rubicon platform!

Which kits had adjustable control arms or brackets and which didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Yeah some did and some didn’t. The main thing I want in my lift for the JL is going to be adjustable track bars. Also making sure the roll Center stays at a factory level.

Most kits are offering at least extended fixed length lower arms which can work for 2.5 and under lift. I understand the geometry, but the amount of bow in the mopar coils by raising the spring height only 2 inches should not impact the axle shift that significantly. If it does they should have included a tracbar as part of that $1500 kit.

I was told by more than one person though that the spring rates were too soft. 🤷*♂️

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Yeah some did and some didn’t. The main thing I want in my lift for the JL is going to be adjustable track bars. Also making sure the roll Center stays at a factory level.

Most kits are offering at least extended fixed length lower arms which can work for 2.5 and under lift. I understand the geometry, but the amount of bow in the mopar coils by raising the spring height only 2 inches should not impact the axle shift that significantly. If it does they should have included a tracbar as part of that $1500 kit.

I was told by more than one person though that the spring rates were too soft. 🤷*♂️

Yeah.... you have no clue what you are talking about.

13_gecko_rubi

Mopar’s kit is just listed for Wrangler JL, it doesn’t specify rubicon, sport or Sahara. If there is a difference, why isn’t it listed for Mopar’s kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They designed theirs to fit all. Some other folks may have gone a different route. That was my only point. I don't know what each company did or why sorry.

Sent via....

JTCO

Meme King
Coils bowing aren't a huge deal to me, but knowing Rancho took the time to tune this kit specifically for a Rubicon, I would stick with Rancho myself.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

That's cool that people would "tell" you that but that doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

13_gecko_rubi said:
If they fixed the bow by increasing spring rate it means they made the ride suck.

You sound like someone who's had as much experience running a whole host of different coils just like me :crazyeyes:

WJCO said:
Coils bowing aren't a huge deal to me, but knowing Rancho took the time to tune this kit specifically for a Rubicon, I would stick with Rancho myself.

What I can tell you is that of all the coils that were made for the JK, Rancho had some of the most comfortable and right from the very beginning. While they may not have the kind of marketing or fanboy base, they do have a longer history than most combined, are owned by a major tier 1 company where getting it right is critical and they make all their lifts here in the USA.

Four Flusher

Looks like the Rancho lift is similar to the Mopar lift, except no new LCA's. Are we comparing Apples and oranges here? i'm sure the Rancho lift will be less money. I'm planning on added a minimal lift to run 315/70/17 tires on Mopar beadlocks

13_gecko_rubi

What I can tell you is that of all the coils that were made for the JK, Rancho had some of the most comfortable and right from the very beginning. While they may not have the kind of marketing or fanboy base, they do have a longer history than most combined, are owned by a major tier 1 company where getting it right is critical and they make all their lifts here in the USA.

And I think that Tier 1 parent may have a little experience on Wrangler, just saying :)

Sent via....

JTCO

Meme King
Looks like the Rancho lift is similar to the Mopar lift, except no new LCA's. Are we comparing Apples and oranges here? i'm sure the Rancho lift will be less money. I'm planning on added a minimal lift to run 315/70/17 tires on Mopar beadlocks

If the JL geometry is anything like the JK, I doubt control arms would even be needed at 2 inches. We did 2+ inches on our JK and didn't experience any abnormal symptoms and didn't have to mess with arms at all.

13_gecko_rubi

If the JL geometry is anything like the JK, I doubt control arms would even be needed at 2 inches. We did 2+ inches on our JK and didn't experience any abnormal symptoms and didn't have to mess with arms at all.
The JL is very similar to JK. The arms are actually a tad longer even so same thing should apply.

Sent via....

BillArnett

I'm a bit confused here. My understanding is that softer springs will indeed give a smoother, more comfortable ride BUT it will also exacerbate the body roll when cornering on the highway. So it's kind of a trade-off: some folks may like softer springs for the comfy ride while others are willing to sacrifice a bit of that in favor of better handling.

My (admittedly imperfect) understanding is that when one lifts a Jeep the fixed length trackbar causes the axle to shift over a bit (in opposite directions front and rear). This messes up the roll center and the thrust angle and results in weird handling. The fix is a slightly longer (or adjustable) trackbar or in the rear a relocation bracket that has the same effect as lengthening it.

BUT, maybe these effects are small enough to ignore with just a 2.5" or less lift? I would appreciate any enlightenment...

JTCO

Meme King
I'm a bit confused here. My understanding is that softer springs will indeed give a smoother, more comfortable ride BUT it will also exacerbate the body roll when cornering on the highway. So it's kind of a trade-off: some folks may like softer springs for the comfy ride while others are willing to sacrifice a bit of that in favor of better handling.

I prefer a stiffer spring if you're carrying a lot of stuff, but not so stiff that it makes the ride harsh. Stiff enough to prevent the body roll feeling that you're talking about and stiff enough to carry the cargo load, but enough rebound that it doesn't transfer the force abruptly into the passenger compartment.

RMC2

Rancho,
Any word on some new rs9000xl shocks for the JL, and/or 2.5” body shocks, or a reservoir? Or a 2.5” lift size for 37s?

Ok, enough questions.