Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO : MOAB - IT STARTS AGAIN / Part 3 - Behind the Rocks & Top of the World

You must sell a lot of Jeeps for Jeep. I am watching Jeep vids like a crack whore. Just reminding myself to stick to the plan.

Once again a very cool vid that makes me want to wheel immediately!
    And the more vids I see and the more I think about how you get those shots, the more I realize what whole lot of work is in such a video, thanks for doing so, Eddie and Cindy!
    The tire issue was very obvious in this video, the age of the old nittos is another factor about grip differences I think

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ, Flat Black
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR, Bright White

Knows a Thing or Two BillArnett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGiant View Post
    And the more vids I see and the more I think about how you get those shots, the more I realize what whole lot of work is in such a video, thanks for doing so, Eddie and Cindy!
    I agree. Thereís obviously a lot of effort not only in the shooting but in the editing, too. How about a video about your videos? I would love to see your equipment and hear a bit about your techniques.
    2018 JLUR Granite, 3.6L auto, all the goodies; ARB "Quad" on-board air, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5R17, Pro Comp Predator 17x8.5 wheels, Rubicon Express 2.5" lift, King remote res shocks, aFe Rock Basher exhaust, LoD Destroyer Shorty front & rear bumpers, LoD Signature rock sliders, Warn Zeon 10-S

Quote Originally Posted by shotcoach View Post
    Another great video! Loved the epic shot at the end! Thanks for sharing!
    Glad to hear it, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by RMC2 View Post
    It was cool to see the difference between the Coops and TGs. Looked like they were 37s as well.

Iím liking the Coops. 37s would be great, but I may do 35s until I retire in two years. Tough call.
    Yup, we were all running 37's so it was a nice side by side comparison of them. Having run both, I can tell you that the Cooper STT Pros do a better job of hooking up on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by wibornz View Post
    You must sell a lot of Jeeps for Jeep. I am watching Jeep vids like a crack whore. Just reminding myself to stick to the plan.
    LOL!! Sure would be nice if we could make some commission on the sales
    Thank you for that

Quote Originally Posted by MrGiant View Post
    The tire issue was very obvious in this video, the age of the old nittos is another factor about grip differences I think
    The Nittos were worn a bit but not enough to make that big of a difference especially on the sandpaper like sandstone that can be found everywhere in Moab. I ran Trail Grapplers for years and they're a good tire but the Cooper STT Pros have them beat in a place like Moab.

Quote Originally Posted by BillArnett View Post
    I agree. Thereís obviously a lot of effort not only in the shooting but in the editing, too. How about a video about your videos? I would love to see your equipment and hear a bit about your techniques.
    Equipment? LOL - we just use an old Sony Handycam that we bought years ago and is being held together with electrical tape. We really need to retire it before it dies like our other one but it's been so good for us.

Fresh Catch
    A great end to a fantastic video trilogy. A lot of diverse runs and real life testing. Thanks Eddie and Cindy! We truly enjoyed all of it.

The coopers are sticky, period

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Awesome, it is obvious you both put your hearts into the editing and production of these videos.

I can see the coopers are great on the rocks... could you comment on how they are on the road? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by RanchoRubi View Post
    A great end to a fantastic video trilogy. A lot of diverse runs and real life testing. Thanks Eddie and Cindy! We truly enjoyed all of it.

The coopers are sticky, period
    Actually, there's one more episode coming
    It was a bummer you had to leave after Behind the Rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenk View Post
    Awesome, it is obvious you both put your hearts into the editing and production of these videos.

I can see the coopers are great on the rocks... could you comment on how they are on the road? TIA
    Of all the mud terrain tires I've run, I'd have to say that Cooper STT Pros are quieter than most but a bit more audible than something like a Toyo MT. The 12.50's are a load range D and will be a bit softer than the 13.50's which are a load range E. Aside from that, the ones I installed were very round and I have not felt the need to balance them. Even at 80+ MPH, they still feel smooth. Also, unlike Trail Grapplers which have a radial pull to the left, the STT Pros track nice and straight.

Question about the sleeping situation. When yíall are visiting MOAB do you use an AIRBnb or HomeAway? Or do you have a vacation home?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Eddie, thanks for the video. Each one is just AWESOME! Itís a lot of work you guys put into it, and it is appreciated and enjoyed by many.
    2018 JLUR SOLD
    2018 Ram Power Wagon on 37ís
    2019 Bikini JLR Turbo 2 Door on 37ís Mopar lift

Quote Originally Posted by DEFCON1 View Post
    Question about the sleeping situation. When yíall are visiting MOAB do you use an AIRBnb or HomeAway? Or do you have a vacation home?
    Depends. Sometimes we hotel it and sometimes we rent a condo. Haven't done AirBnB yet but that would be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Onlyone View Post
    Eddie, thanks for the video. Each one is just AWESOME! Itís a lot of work you guys put into it, and it is appreciated and enjoyed by many.
    Thank you. Our only hope is that others like yourself will enjoy what you see

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast