VIDEO : MOAB - IT STARTS AGAIN / Part 3 - Behind the Rocks & Top of the World

wibornz

You must sell a lot of Jeeps for Jeep. I am watching Jeep vids like a crack whore. Just reminding myself to stick to the plan.

MrGiant

Once again a very cool vid that makes me want to wheel immediately!
And the more vids I see and the more I think about how you get those shots, the more I realize what whole lot of work is in such a video, thanks for doing so, Eddie and Cindy!
The tire issue was very obvious in this video, the age of the old nittos is another factor about grip differences I think

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

BillArnett

And the more vids I see and the more I think about how you get those shots, the more I realize what whole lot of work is in such a video, thanks for doing so, Eddie and Cindy!

I agree. There’s obviously a lot of effort not only in the shooting but in the editing, too. How about a video about your videos? I would love to see your equipment and hear a bit about your techniques.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another great video! Loved the epic shot at the end! Thanks for sharing!

Glad to hear it, thank you! :)

It was cool to see the difference between the Coops and TGs. Looked like they were 37s as well.

I’m liking the Coops. 37s would be great, but I may do 35s until I retire in two years. Tough call.

Yup, we were all running 37's so it was a nice side by side comparison of them. Having run both, I can tell you that the Cooper STT Pros do a better job of hooking up on the rocks.

You must sell a lot of Jeeps for Jeep. I am watching Jeep vids like a crack whore. Just reminding myself to stick to the plan.

LOL!! Sure would be nice if we could make some commission on the sales :crazyeyes: :D
Thank you for that :)

The tire issue was very obvious in this video, the age of the old nittos is another factor about grip differences I think

The Nittos were worn a bit but not enough to make that big of a difference especially on the sandpaper like sandstone that can be found everywhere in Moab. I ran Trail Grapplers for years and they're a good tire but the Cooper STT Pros have them beat in a place like Moab.

I agree. There’s obviously a lot of effort not only in the shooting but in the editing, too. How about a video about your videos? I would love to see your equipment and hear a bit about your techniques.

Equipment? LOL - we just use an old Sony Handycam that we bought years ago and is being held together with electrical tape. We really need to retire it before it dies like our other one but it's been so good for us.

Zenk

Awesome, it is obvious you both put your hearts into the editing and production of these videos.

I can see the coopers are great on the rocks... could you comment on how they are on the road? TIA

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A great end to a fantastic video trilogy. A lot of diverse runs and real life testing. Thanks Eddie and Cindy! We truly enjoyed all of it.

The coopers are sticky, period

Actually, there's one more episode coming :crazyeyes:
It was a bummer you had to leave after Behind the Rocks.

Awesome, it is obvious you both put your hearts into the editing and production of these videos.

I can see the coopers are great on the rocks... could you comment on how they are on the road? TIA

Of all the mud terrain tires I've run, I'd have to say that Cooper STT Pros are quieter than most but a bit more audible than something like a Toyo MT. The 12.50's are a load range D and will be a bit softer than the 13.50's which are a load range E. Aside from that, the ones I installed were very round and I have not felt the need to balance them. Even at 80+ MPH, they still feel smooth. Also, unlike Trail Grapplers which have a radial pull to the left, the STT Pros track nice and straight.

Onlyone

Eddie, thanks for the video. Each one is just AWESOME! It’s a lot of work you guys put into it, and it is appreciated and enjoyed by many. :thumb::beer:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Question about the sleeping situation. When y’all are visiting MOAB do you use an AIRBnb or HomeAway? Or do you have a vacation home?

Depends. Sometimes we hotel it and sometimes we rent a condo. Haven't done AirBnB yet but that would be an option.

Eddie, thanks for the video. Each one is just AWESOME! It’s a lot of work you guys put into it, and it is appreciated and enjoyed by many. :thumb::beer:

Thank you. Our only hope is that others like yourself will enjoy what you see :cool:

wibornz

His videos are what got me started down this rabbit hole. I first saw some JK experience videos on Youtube and then found this site and started watching videos with the wife and we were hooked. Dig you guys pick up on that........Yes, the WIFE and I watch these video together. We turn off regular TV and throw these videos up on the big screen. This is Saturday and Sunday mornings at wibornz house. Jeep off road vids..

The wife is all in..... I think she is more excited about me ordering a JLUR than I am. :rock: