VIDEO : MOAB - IT STARTS AGAIN / Part 2 - Metal Masher & Poison Spider + CODE 1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After a lightning storm, a down pouring of heavy rain and even a bit of hail, we kicked off a muddy day of wheeling in Moab, out on one of favorite trails, Metal Masher. It would be here that I'd get to experience for myself, the problems associated with bumping up a big obstacle and without having our JL Wrangler's automatic transmission shifted into manual mode. It would also be here that I'd find the negative side of a hitch mounted stinger and why it's always good to wheel with friends. The second half of our day would be spent wheeling with Dynatrac, out on the Poison Spider Mesa Trail and with the purposes of helping them do a photo shoot of CODE 1, their awesome Jeep JL Wrangler pick-up running 42" tires. As luck would have it, we were also able to get an interview with it's creators and learned more about the features that make it so cool. We hope that you enjoy the show and we'd love to hear what you think of it.

More than just being the newest model Jeep, the best part about owning a JL Wrangler is the fact that its allowed us to start all over again. We get to install new lift kits, new wheels and tires and all kinds of new accessories but even better than that, we've been able to experience the thrill of wheeling a brand new Jeep, in a place like Moab and like it was our very first time. "MOAB : IT STARTS AGAIN" is a WAYALIFE Epic Trex Adventure that highlights the all new pilgrimage we made out to the promised land in JET Li, our lightly modified Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. Along for the ride were our good friends Tony and Steph who came in their near identical JL Wrangler and Et and Michelle who came in their moderately modified JK Wrangler Unlimited.

WIN a Pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you'd like to WIN a pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses Giveaway, all you have to do is post up a response on this thread and let us know what you think of the video. Doing this will automatically enter into our drawing. A WINNER will be selected at random and announced when Part 3 is released. Thanks for watching and good luck to you! :cool:

20180416192156-72e0281a.jpg

Selected totally at random, the WINNER of the WAYALIFE shot glasses is...

Awesome!!!!:thumb:

Congratulations Onlyone! :thumb:

Daro

Cool video like always. I was surprised at how much traction you got on the wet rocks. Here on the East Coast, after it rains, it's like trying to drive on a slip'n'slide

gteod500

I do like the views and when you get the chance for a trip that includes friends and views, what's left? The fact that you learned the lesson of the shifter mode and let the other half take it up is great. For all of us to learn and it didn't cost any damage to the jeep is the icing for the trip. Keep the videos coming, enjoyable and fun to watch...

RMC2

42s are the new 40s.

A fun day. I thought it would be muddier, really just wet. Thanks for coming up with a solution for the stalling issue. That could be tricky. And don’t you hate it when your wife shows you up. :thumb:;)

JTCO

Meme King
Great video and great coverage of Code1. On your shifting issue, would manual 2 eliminate the issue as well or just manual 1? Sure is a strange symptom.

TrailHunter

So Awesome. I was wondering why Ed couldn't make that one climb but the JL made it look so easy.... Gearing, Older Tires.... Or is the Trans & Ratios on the JL that much better? Oh, and High Five to Cindy on showin you up... that was classic.. lol.

Jeeeep

that was pretty damn cool.

The stinger hang-up brought some flashbacks of the red Jeep that flopped when it got hung up on its stinger.

I'm impressed how well the coopers worked wet and muddy.

once you tapped into manual mode, any more power loss oddities? how high of rpm will 1st gear handle? looks like you were giving it some pretty good 'moab' bumps

BillArnett

Well done video, as usual!

All the times I’ve been to Moab I haven’t yet tried Metal Masher. (My wife doesn’t like what the name implies :). Are there bypasses for the harder ledges?

DaRooster

Moab in march

I think we saw you guys on the trail, we were 3 side by sides and a motorcycle near a waterfall
Did you custom build the stingers?
Or can you buy them?

DINKELROC

As usual you guys put together another great video. It's nice to see the JL getting some real world testing and of course the veiws are awesome in Moab. Thanks again for all your hard work.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool video like always. I was surprised at how much traction you got on the wet rocks. Here on the East Coast, after it rains, it's like trying to drive on a slip'n'slide

Moab is a special place when it comes to traction. While what you drive on is called "slickrock", it's only because back in the day, pioneers would have a hard time pulling wagons with horses wearing iron shoes. The reality of things is that the sandstone is more like driving on 80 grit sandpaper - tons of traction even when a bit slippery from water and mud.

I do like the views and when you get the chance for a trip that includes friends and views, what's left? The fact that you learned the lesson of the shifter mode and let the other half take it up is great. For all of us to learn and it didn't cost any damage to the jeep is the icing for the trip. Keep the videos coming, enjoyable and fun to watch...

Glad to hear you enjoyed the video and it is our hope that others can learn from it :yup:

So beautiful! I wish I’d been there.

We need to get you out there with us sometime soon :yup:

Looked like a nice day and cool code1 cameo!!

With the exception of the mud, yeah, it was a very nice day. :crazyeyes:

Great video just finished watching

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it :)

Sounds like Moab alright, great views, good friend and awesome trails! Great to see a little more of the goodies on Code 1!

About sums it up well :)

Wow, beautiful film, well edited, of a beautiful land and beautiful vehicles.

Interesting to see the automatic shifting trouble live.

Honestly, I'm glad that we were able to capture it on video being that it really isn't something you could just explain to someone and it mean anything.