New Member/New Blood

JLSahara

Hello All,

From Phoenix. Second time Mopar buyer, first time Jeep’er.

I’m new to this side so bare with me the next few weeks and months.

Purchased a ‘18 JL Sahara in Bright White last Friday and so far I love it.

I’ve been trying to figure out with Jeep forums would be the best and ended up here since I like using Tapatalk.

Only concern I saw with the new ‘18’s was on a different forum, something about the welding not being done correctly near the track bar. I don’t want to spread rumors or link out to another forum but have you guys heard of anything like that?

Otherwise, I hope to have this car for a while. Excited to do some mods very soon. Which means my wife will be pretty upset as well lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTCO

Meme King
Hello All,

From Phoenix. Second time Mopar buyer, first time Jeep’er.

I’m new to this side so bare with me the next few weeks and months.

Purchased a ‘18 JL Sahara in Bright White last Friday and so far I love it.

I’ve been trying to figure out with Jeep forums would be the best and ended up here since I like using Tapatalk.

Only concern I saw with the new ‘18’s was on a different forum, something about the welding not being done correctly near the track bar. I don’t want to spread rumors or link out to another forum but have you guys heard of anything like that?

Otherwise, I hope to have this car for a while. Excited to do some mods very soon. Which means my wife will be pretty upset as well lol.

Welcome to JL Wrangler. I think you will find this forum to be fun and filled with accurate information. It's more of a community rather than just some forum. People aren't afraid to speak their minds here which keeps things in check and keeps information as truthful as possible.

As far as sub-par track bar welds, yes that is covered here in this thread: https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.php?1163-!!-Track-bar-bracket-on-frame-weld-issues-!!

As well as the owner of the forum posted pictures of the track bar welds on his own Jeep JL which appear to be holding up fine:

https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.php?1176-JL-Wrangler-Factory-Frame-Weld-Quality-on-JET-Li

JLSahara

Thanks for the welcome, I plan to be very active on here and thanks for the link. That does seem to be the same owner that reported the issue on the other forum. Glad it got here, which means I can use this forum as my goto and get all relevant information to the JL pretty quickly.