So, I just ordered the ATX

wibornz

ATX Series
ATX Series AX756 Wheel with Satin Black Finish (17x9"/5x5")

The have a 3 in back spacing. They will go on a JL Rubicon with Cooper STT Pro tires in 37x12.5

So I forgot to ask when ordering them if they had sufficient back spacing and apparently this is the only back spacing that they come in. Will this still work with a 2 1/2 in lift or 3 in lift?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sufficient isn't something you'd have to worry about. If anything, it'll be too little back spacing and your tires will be pushed out far enough that the tread will rub the edge of the fenders at a full flex. This as opposed to tucking up and inside of them.

JTCO

Meme King
So can I just change the bumpstops to a different length so the tire will not rub?

Yes if they're rubbing as the suspension articulates. You will lose a little up-travel if you add more bump stop spacers. As far as rubbing while steering, you may be able to adjust or add steering stops.

wibornz

I am trying to buy some of the stuff that I want for a JL Rubicon. I plan to purchase it in the fall and would like to have the lift, tires and wheels and maybe the bumpers bought before i even buy the Jeep. This way, when I bring it home it can go right into the garage for the up grades.

The lifts are very confusing as there are so many different ones that all do basically the same thing. It is hard to choose. I want to run 37in SST Pro tires. So the lift needs to make it so the tires will fit. The goal is based on quality first then price. I will not be beating the JL to death. It will be a trail machine for the wife and I in retirement.

My goal is to not make the wife walk 60 miles out of the mountains. With that being said, I plan to over buy what I need and try and use about 70% of the vehicles capabilities with the other 30% there in case i momentarily get over my head being stupid.....

For instance, the rubi has lockers. I imagine most of my wheeling will be unlocked and use the locker just in case kinda like insurance.,,,,

JTCO

Meme King
I am trying to buy some of the stuff that I want for a JL Rubicon. I plan to purchase it in the fall and would like to have the lift, tires and wheels and maybe the bumpers bought before i even buy the Jeep. This way, when I bring it home it can go right into the garage for the up grades.

The lifts are very confusing as there are so many different ones that all do basically the same thing. It is hard to choose. I want to run 37in SST Pro tires. So the lift needs to make it so the tires will fit. The goal is based on quality first then price. I will not be beating the JL to death. It will be a trail machine for the wife and I in retirement.

My goal is to not make the wife walk 60 miles out of the mountains. With that being said, I plan to over buy what I need and try and use about 70% of the vehicles capabilities with the other 30% there in case i momentarily get over my head being stupid.....

For instance, the rubi has lockers. I imagine most of my wheeling will be unlocked and use the locker just in case kinda like insurance.,,,,

EVO has been around awhile and makes some good stuff here in the USA. As you can see from Eddie and Cindy's JL, the 2.5 inch kit cleared 37s with some slight trimming so tires didn't rub under certain circumstances. Also Rancho is built in the USA and has been around a long time as well and should have their kit out very soon. Truthfully, the JL is new enough, if I were you, maybe wait a month or two, see what others have done and if any issues come up. There are a ton of JK manufacturers that will likely be building kits for the JL as well. I would strongly look into sticking with USA-made kits and brands that are already tried and true for the JK platform.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

Why not just save the money and buy the products when you buy the jeep? You aren’t buying for 6 months. The aftermarket will come out with a ton of stuff in the next 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Why not just save the money and buy the products when you buy the jeep? You aren’t buying for 6 months. The aftermarket will come out with a ton of stuff in the next 6 months.

This ^^^^

I can guarantee you that there will be a TON of options by SEMA. If it were me, I'd hold out till then.

wibornz

I already have the money saved. I am holding out on buying the JL as I would like to drive a diesel version of to decide on which motor I want in the Jeep. The saving up part started back in 1990.....so the waiting part is I also want to retire before I buy it. I retire in September. 86 working days left.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to not just buy it and stick to the plan?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I already have the money saved. I am holding out on buying the JL as I would like to drive a diesel version of to decide on which motor I want in the Jeep. The saving up part started back in 1990.....so the waiting part is I also want to retire before I buy it. I retire in September. 86 working days left.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to not just buy it and stick to the plan?

LOL!! Well, early congrats to you on your soon to come retirement. For me, that would be all the more reason to hold out until at least until you get your JL. I GUARANTEE you that there will be a LOT more options available by then and ones that will be just as worth waiting for as your desire to test out a diesel before pulling the trigger.

RMC2

If you are holding out to try the deisel versus, then you are stuck waiting for a while. Don’t even know how long until you see a 19 JL deisel.

But you could get the JL now and hold off until there are more market choices if you wanted a 3.6 or 2.0.

wibornz

LOL!! Well, early congrats to you on your soon to come retirement. For me, that would be all the more reason to hold out until at least until you get your JL. I GUARANTEE you that there will be a LOT more options available by then and ones that will be just as worth waiting for as your desire to test out a diesel before pulling the trigger.

So, stopped into Discount Tire today and they were willing to match the lowest price I have found on the Cooper 37x13.5R17 STT pro tires. So I had them order them. I got 5 tires on the way. I think next I will build the air up and down stuff that I want. I was leaning towards the Warn powerplant winch, but I am thinking that I will buy the ABN under the hood compressor next. I amthinking that if the winch or compressor goes bad on the powerplant that i am jacked so I think I will go with one of the other warn winches.

BillArnett

So, stopped into Discount Tire today and they were willing to match the lowest price I have found on the Cooper 37x13.5R17 STT pro tires. So I had them order them. I got 5 tires on the way. I think next I will build the air up and down stuff that I want. I was leaning towards the Warn powerplant winch, but I am thinking that I will buy the ABN under the hood compressor next. I amthinking that if the winch or compressor goes bad on the powerplant that i am jacked so I think I will go with one of the other warn winches.

There's not much room under the hood. You may want to think about putting your compressor somewhere inside the cabin.

Also, I would be very skeptical of that ABN unit. On the one hand, it's so cheap you're not out much if you end up replacing it but if it fails out on the trail you may have to drive home with under-inflated tires. Think about getting one of the ARB compressors; they're much more expensive but they have a stellar reputation.

wibornz

There's not much room under the hood. You may want to think about putting your compressor somewhere inside the cabin.

Also, I would be very skeptical of that ABN unit. On the one hand, it's so cheap you're not out much if you end up replacing it but if it fails out on the trail you may have to drive home with under-inflated tires. Think about getting one of the ARB compressors; they're much more expensive but they have a stellar reputation.

Oops, I meant the ARB compressor. I am trying to buy quality the first time so that it will be the last time.

wibornz

Messed around and mounted the tires and wheels over the weekend. The five tires in the back of the Avalanche and she is full.

And ordered the Roam front bumper also.
35882980_1870349219924115_3156839441172004864_n.jpg