Please Welcome Z Automotive to JLWRANGLER!

Rhinebeck01

Wow. YouÂ’ve shared more information, than the company. Did you test it for them, or something?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

No, never tested for Z Automotive, Actually, my TazerJl was delivered to my girl fiend's house in Calif. 3,000 mi. away and I have not even opened the box it came in. She's bringing it to me when she flies here to NY this, Tuesday. Then the other problem is I don't have a friggin JL yet. My 2 dr. per dealer is scheduled to be shipped on 5/3.

With that said, no I do not test the Tazer Jl. I do not personally know Joe, the owner of Z Automotive. His business is more then a hundred miles from where I am in NY.

I have used programmer's before with a Ford Lightning I had and then with multiple Wrangler's. I also tested and used a bypass harness that gave me Nav, input while moving ability with a Nissan vehicle I had. I appreciate programmer's...

Anyway, I knew there was stuff in my newly ordered JL that I would want to tweak with a programmer.... So, I started thinking programmer, and heard about a JL owner that was coming up with a programmer. I figured, cool a fellow JL owner and he is going to offer the programmer. I know he'd really be into getting that programmer to do lots. But who was this guy..

I had never heard of this JL owner and his business so I did some Google research. Turns out this guy... his company, had a very good reputation and had been around for years. The company had other programmer offerings:
Tazer
BurnBox Hellcat
BurnBox Ram
BurnBox G1
BurnBox G2
TranZformer Gen1
TranZformer Gen2
OBZII Emergency Response Module

Ok, now I knew I this company had the experience and lets call it track record so I wanted their programmer offering.

I had a lot of questions about the TazerJL so i started Googling and reading at Z Automotive's website. Then, I emailed Z Automotive with a bunch of TazerJL questions and Joe the owner of Z Automotive was the one that responded via email. He was very personable, you could tell he was very enthused about his new JLU and his TazerJL offering. He answered all my questions and continued to answer questions in a bunch of future emails to him at Z Automotive.

So, I ended up knowing a little more Tazer JL info then most.. :cool: I'm pumped up about it. Can't wait to start using it.

When I got an email from Eddie that said Z Automotive was going to be a sponsor here, I popped right over and yeah, started running my mouth. Yup, retired and lots of free time so ....

With all this said, I'm comfortable going with the Tazer JL. It's going to shine as it is being brought to us by a fellow JL owner then is dead set on having the Tazer JL programming tool lets say unleash all in regard to the JL.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Wow. You’ve shared more information, than the company. Did you test it for them, or something?

No, never tested for Z Automotive, Actually, my TazerJl was delivered to my girl fiend's house in Calif. 3,000 mi. away and I have not even opened the box it came in. She's bringing it to me when she flies here to NY this, Tuesday. Then the other problem is I don't have a friggin JL yet. My 2 dr. per dealer is scheduled to be shipped on 5/3.

With that said, no I do not test the Tazer Jl. I do not personally know Joe, the owner of Z Automotive. His business is more then a hundred miles from where I am in NY.

I have used programmer's before with a Ford Lightning I had and then with multiple Wrangler's. I also tested and used a bypass harness that gave me Nav, input while moving ability with a Nissan vehicle I had. I appreciate programmer's...

Anyway, I knew there was stuff in my newly ordered JL that I would want to tweak with a programmer.... So, I started thinking programmer, and heard about a JL owner that was coming up with a programmer. I figured, cool a fellow JL owner and he is going to offer the programmer. I know he'd really be into getting that programmer to do lots. But who was this guy..

I had never heard of this JL owner and his business so I did some Google research. Turns out this guy... his company, had a very good reputation and had been around for years. The company had other programmer offerings:
Tazer
BurnBox Hellcat
BurnBox Ram
BurnBox G1
BurnBox G2
TranZformer Gen1
TranZformer Gen2

Ok, now I knew I this company had the experience and lets call it track record so I wanted their programmer offering.

I had a lot of questions about the TazerJL so i started Googling and reading at Z Automotive's website. Then, I emailed Z Automotive with a bunch of TazerJL questions and Joe the owner of Z Automotive was the one that responded via email. He was very personable, you could tell he was very enthused about his new JLU and his TazerJL offering. He answered all my questions and continued to answer questions in a bunch of future emails to him at Z Automotive.

So, I ended up knowing a little more Tazer JL info then most.. :cool: I'm pumped up about it. Can't wait to start using it.

When I got an email from Eddie that said Z Automotive was going to be a sponsor here, I popped right over and yeah, started running my mouth. Yup, retired and lots of free time so ....

With all this said, I'm comfortable going with the Tazer JL. It's going to shine as it is being brought to us by a fellow JL owner, that is dead set on having the Tazer JL programming tool lets say unleash all in regard to the JL.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Wow. You’ve shared more information, than the company. Did you test it for them, or something?

I actually don't even have my Tazer JL yet. My girl friend is bring it to me, when she flies here to NY this, Tuesday. Then the other problem is I don't have a friggin JL yet. My 2 dr. per dealer is scheduled to be shipped on 5/3.

Tazer
BurnBox Hellcat
BurnBox Ram
BurnBox G1
BurnBox G2
TranZformer Gen1
TranZformer Gen2

With all this said, I'm comfortable going with the Tazer JL. It's going to shine as it is being brought to us by a fellow JL owner, that is dead set on having the Tazer JL programming tool lets say unleash all in regard to the JL.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

I actually don't even have my Tazer JL yet. My girl friend in Calif. is bringing it to me, when she flies here to NY, this Tuesday. Then the other problem is, I don't have a friggin JL yet. My 2 dr. JL, per dealer is scheduled to be shipped on 5/3.

I have used programmer's before with a Ford Lightning I had, and then with multiple Wrangler's. I also tested and used a bypass harness that gave me Nav, input while moving ability, with a Nissan vehicle I had. I appreciate programmer's...

Anyway, I knew there was stuff in my newly ordered JL that I would want to tweak with a programmer.... So, I started thinking programmer, and heard about a JL owner that was coming up with a programmer. I figured, cool a fellow JL owner and he is going to offer the programmer. I knew he'd really be into getting that programmer to do lots. But who was this guy..

Tazer
BurnBox Hellcat
BurnBox Ram
BurnBox G1
BurnBox G2
TranZformer Gen1
TranZformer Gen2

I had a lot of questions about the TazerJL so I started Googling and reading at Z Automotive's website. Then, I emailed Z Automotive with a bunch of TazerJL questions and Joe the owner of Z Automotive was the one that responded via email. He was very personable, you could tell he was very enthused about his new JLU and his TazerJL offering. He answered all my questions and continued to answer questions in a bunch of future emails to him at Z Automotive.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

I actually don't even have my Tazer JL yet. My girl friend in Calif. is bring it to me, when she flies here to NY this Tuesday. Then the other problem is, I don't have a friggin JL yet. My 2 dr. per dealer is scheduled to be shipped on 5/3.

Anyway, I knew there was stuff in my newly ordered JL that I would want to tweak with a programmer.... So, I started thinking programmer, and heard about a JL owner that was coming up with a programmer. I figured, cool a fellow JL owner and he is going to offer the programmer. I knew he'd really be into getting that programmer to do lots. But who was this guy..

Tazer
BurnBox Hellcat
BurnBox Ram
BurnBox G1
BurnBox G2
TranZformer Gen1
TranZformer Gen2

I had a lot of questions about the TazerJL so I started Googling and reading at Z Automotive's website. Then, I emailed Z Automotive with a bunch of TazerJL questions and Joe the owner of Z Automotive was the one that responded via email. He was very personable, you could tell he was very enthused about his new JLU and his TazerJL offering. He answered all my questions and continued to answer questions in a bunch of future emails to him at Z Automotive.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

I actually don't even have my Tazer JL yet. My girl friend in Calif. is bring it to me, when she flies here to NY this Tuesday. Then the other problem is, I don't have a friggin JL yet. My 2 dr. per dealer is scheduled to be shipped on 5/3.

Tazer
BurnBox Hellcat
BurnBox Ram
BurnBox G1
BurnBox G2
TranZformer Gen1
TranZformer Gen2

Ok, now I knew this company had the experience and lets call it track record, was creditable, so I wanted their programmer offering.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

I actually don't even have my Tazer JL yet. My girl friend in Calif. is bringing it to me, when she flies here to NY this Tuesday. Then the other problem is, I don't have a friggin JL yet. My 2 dr. per dealer is scheduled to be shipped on 5/3.

Tazer
BurnBox Hellcat
BurnBox Ram
BurnBox G1
BurnBox G2
TranZformer Gen1
TranZformer Gen2

Ok, now I knew this company had the experience and lets call it track record, was creditable, so I wanted their programmer offering.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

I actually don't even have my Tazer JL yet. My girl friend in Calif. is bringing it to me, when she flies here to NY this Tuesday. Then the other problem is, I don't have a friggin JL yet. My 2 dr. per dealer is scheduled to be shipped on 5/3.

Tazer
BurnBox Hellcat
BurnBox Ram
BurnBox G1
BurnBox G2
TranZformer Gen1
TranZformer Gen2

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Tazer
BurnBox Hellcat
BurnBox Ram
BurnBox G1
BurnBox G2
TranZformer Gen1
TranZformer Gen2

Just curious. Thanks for sharing all the information. I’m intrigued by the product.

JAGS

Welcome. Glad you are here. Look forward to more reviews and info about this product before dropping the coin. Looks promising.

Rhinebeck01

@Z_Auto

snipe:
Thanks for the welcome! I’ll be checking in here on the various posts to answer questions and take some feedback.
That’ll why nav in motion didn’t work on rev 11.0.0, I wasn’t able to test it. I did fix that in 11.0.1 which was posted today.

Ok, here is a question I have not asked you yet. :cool:

Say I "marry" my TazerJl to my JL and do all the feature set-up and such I want... Now, a month down the road and I am going to take the JL to the dealership. I want to unmarry the TazerJL before I go to the dealer. I also will remove both TazerJL modules. Ok, I known when I unmarry, the JL goes back to factory settings.. BUT.. when I remarry that same Tazer JL to my JL will all the setting that I had set-up before unmarrying be pushed to the JL or do I have to set-up all again?

I have my ideas but...

Thanks in advance for your reply, Joe!

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

Tazer
BurnBox Hellcat
BurnBox Ram
BurnBox G1
BurnBox G2
TranZformer Gen1
TranZformer Gen2

Sounds like the only thing you haven’t gotten is a reach around.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome! I’ll be checking in here on the various posts to answer questions and take some feedback. As I did with the cars over the years, I’ll continue to add features and improve the product through firmware updates. Look forward to hearing what you all have to say...
My JLU is being bought back next week and my new one is coming in, all over or being built without the infotainment option that I ordered. I’ll be able to do some more work with the Uconnect once I actually have it.
That’ll why nav in motion didn’t work on rev 11.0.0, I wasn’t able to test it. I did fix that in 11.0.1 which was posted today.

First, there are two plugs up there, but the directions only talk about one. WTF??? The one on the left simply won't come out, even with a good press on the clip.

Well, I can't get the plug on the left to come out, no matter what. I had good purchase on the clip, so the press was all the way to the stop. It still wouldn't budge.

Any suggestions? The right one came out relatively easy. I don't want to risk breaking the plug or pulling wires out, so if I can't get this, I'll have to ask Z-Auto for a refund. I'd HATE that because I REALLY want these features, especially to disable the ESS, which I hate with a passion.

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
First, there are two plugs up there, but the directions only talk about one. WTF??? The one on the left simply won't come out, even with a good press on the clip.

I can't get it out of there.

Sorry, I'm just pissed. I got my big hands up in there and did everything I was supposed to do, and the thing won't budge. I don't want to pull too hard on the wires, either.

If I can't get this, I'm sending it back and will need a refund. I feel like the clip isn't working properly because it won't release like the one on the right.

Ugggghhhhh. HELP!!!!

Post some pics of what you're seeing. The product looks like it would just plug into the DLC.

EDIT: Just looked around and the only picture I found was on their FB page:

IMG_20180426_192102_593.jpg

Last edited:
I'm seeing what somebody else posted. I'm 100% sure I've got the right two plugs. The right one fit and plugged perfectly into the bypass or whatever it is called. The left one would fit, too.

The issue is that the clip won't disengage, allowing it to come out. Not only do I not want to break the wires, but I also don't want to break the clip.

Kogar

Got my direct-ordered unit in yesterday (note: would have been nice to tell is veterans about the 10% offer when I was completing my order on your website 😒). I tried installing the SGW module, but the lack of pictures and the fact that I apparently can’t reach up there and disconnect anything unless I have the hands of a five year old kind of leave me with a $350 non functional piece of plastic. 🙁