Please Welcome Z Automotive to JLWRANGLER!

Rhinebeck01

New Firmware for TazerJL Programmer / LightShow

4/19/18

Firmware update 11.0.1 has been released and is available available for download at Z Automotive's website.

CHANGELOG

11.0.1 – LATEST UPDATE
11.0.1 – 4/19/18: Added Line Lock/Rock Crawl/Winch modes
Added Sway Bar, Locker, Front Axle, splash settings
Fixed Nav In Motion
11.0.0 – 3/29/18: Original release.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

4/19/18

Firmware update 11.0.1 has been released and is available available for download at Z Automotive's website.

Get the update here: https://zautomotive.com/tazer-jl-updates/

CHANGELOG

11.0.1 – LATEST UPDATE
Fixed Nav In Motion

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

4/19/18

Get the update here at Z Automotive: https://zautomotive.com/tazer-jl-updates/

CHANGELOG

11.0.1 – LATEST UPDATE
Fixed Nav In Motion

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

4/19/18

Get the update here at Z Automotive: https://zautomotive.com/tazer-jl-updates/

CHANGELOG

11.0.1 – LATEST UPDATE
Fixed Nav In Motion

Rhinebeck01

Things I have found out:

For those in the US Military presently and those that have served in the past, Z Automotive gives a 10% Military Discount. Thank you, Z Automotive!

You have to email Z Automotive proof of military service Do this and Z Automotive give you the 10% Military Discount.

If you live in New York State and ship within NYS, Z Automotive is going to charge you NYS Sales Tax. They are required to do so by law. It will cost you an additional $26+- in NYS Tax.

Important: For $20.00, Z Automotive offers a 2 year warranty on the Tazer JL.

Firmware updates are free and will continue to be free per Z Automotive.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Things I have found out:

For those in the US Military presently and those that have served in the past, Z Automotive gives a 10% Military Discount. Thank you, Z Automotive!

You have to email Z Automotive proof of military service. Do this and Z Automotive gives you the 10% Military Discount.

If you live in New York State and ship within NYS, Z Automotive is going to charge you NYS Sales Tax. They are required to do so by law. It will cost you an additional $26+- in NYS Tax.

Important: For $20.00, Z Automotive offers a 2 year warranty on the Tazer JL.

Firmware updates are free and will continue to be free per Z Automotive.

Welcome!! I just received my Tazer, so I'm excited to get it updated and plugged in. I've got an old Apple computer, so I've got to make sure I've got the updated OS before I give it a go.

Where are all the features in the updated firmware described in detail?

Rhinebeck01

I am curious how the “enable blind spot monitoring” works if the you didn’t buy a rubicon jlu with out the Jeep safety package.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Well, truth of the matter it will not work for you if you did not purchase the the safety package at time of ordering your JL/JLU.

Many 2018 JL Rubi owner's think since they have the tail light with the black side thing on it, that they might be able to enable it with the Tazer JL.. but you cannot.... Unless down the road you purchase and splice in other required items. So, to make it short, no can do!

Rhinebeck01

Curious about the 0-30 and 0-60 thing that the Tazer JL offers...

The 0-30 and 0-60 are actually race timers!

Sure not too many people are out there trying to rip the best 0-60 times in a Jeep as they are say with a Supercharged Challenger, but there are enough Hemi swap Jeeps out there that someone probably will use them....

.....Or maybe those JL owner's that want to gauge if their large tire gear swap actually helped performance. For reference, one tester had his JLUR automatic pull several 7.0xx, 0-60 times.

Apparently, Z Automotive already had the algorithm developed from the car programmer(s) they offer, so they figured what the hey, and put them on the TazerJL for those that might want to use the timers.

Rhinebeck01

For those that have not done the install of their TazerJL.

In the pic below you will see the SGW module, circled in red. Unplug it's two connectors by pressing the tab and pulling straight down. Now, plug in the SGW bypass.
Once the SGW bypass is plugged in, you can plug the Tazer JL into the OBD2 diagnostic port under the dashboard, next to the parking brake.

nnm.JPG

Last edited:

Z_Auto

Advertiser
Supporter
Thanks for the welcome! I’ll be checking in here on the various posts to answer questions and take some feedback. As I did with the cars over the years, I’ll continue to add features and improve the product through firmware updates. Look forward to hearing what you all have to say...
My JLU is being bought back next week and my new one is coming in, all over or being built without the infotainment option that I ordered. I’ll be able to do some more work with the Uconnect once I actually have it.
That’ll why nav in motion didn’t work on rev 11.0.0, I wasn’t able to test it. I did fix that in 11.0.1 which was posted today.

Tank_Chris

Welcome!

Welcome!

I can't wait to get my Tazer tomorrow!

Hopefully USPS didn't mess it up. I stayed late at the shop today b/c they claimed it would be delivered by 8pm, only to get a message "Delivery Attempted - No Access to Delivery Location" at 6:45pm when I was sitting in the office browsing the forums and looking at the security cameras every time a vehicle drove by :doh:

Scoop315

Welcome! Thanks for sponsoring an awesome forum. I’m looking forward to checking out your products if I get a JL.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Well, truth of the matter it will not work for you if you did not purchase the the safety package at time of ordering your JL/JLU.

Many 2018 JL Rubi owner's think since they have the tail light with the black side thing on it, that they might be able to enable it with the Tazer JL.. but you cannot.... Unless down the road you purchase and splice in other required items. So, to make it short, no can do!

Wow. You’ve shared more information, than the company. Did you test it for them, or something?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app