Please Welcome Z Automotive to JLWRANGLER!

Rhinebeck01

@ Four Flusher

If you did not select unmarry and then unmarry, before you disconnected the Tazer JL and it's companion module, then the Tazer JL is still married to the JL.

13_gecko_rubi

@ Four Flusher

Do unmarry the Tazer JL and also remove both the Tazer JL and the SWG bypass module.

If the dealer wants to do a pcm flash, and if you do not do the above mentioned, the flash will not be successful... and you will have the dealer poking around to find out why.

Per Joe, at ZAutomotive, if you have the SWG module that is the companion to the Tazer JL or if you have a Tazer JL Lite connected or Tazer JL Mini, the dealerships programming tool will not be able to communicate with the JL.

In closing, unmarry and remove all Tazer JL hardware. You are asking for headaches if you do otherwise.
It will not cause an issue if you don't unmarry it. You do need to undo the bypass. Worst case the flash resets the configs and you have to do it again.

Sent via....

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
@ Four Flusher

Do unmarry the Tazer JL and also remove both the Tazer JL and the SWG bypass module.

If the dealer wants to do a pcm flash, and if you do not do the above mentioned, the flash will not be successful... and you will have the dealer poking around to find out why.

Per Joe, at ZAutomotive, if you have the SWG module that is the companion to the Tazer JL or if you have a Tazer JL Lite connected or Tazer JL Mini, the dealerships programming tool will not be able to communicate with the JL.

In closing, unmarry and remove all Tazer JL hardware. You are asking for headaches if you do otherwise.

You are one hell of a salesman for them. I hope they pay you well. :crazyeyes:

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Rhinebeck01

@ Four Flusher

I'm not sure why you have an issue with unmarrying the Tazer JL. To do so takes seconds..

The gist of this is, you should unmarry and remove all programmer hardware before you go to the dealer. It really is no big deal to do this. That's what is recommended.

Have anyone that is telling you differently, tell you why it isn't just as easy to unmarry the Tazer JL and then remove the associated hardware.

If you communicate with ZAutomotive, Superchips or any other outfit that retails a programmer, they will all tell you the same thing... and that is, they recommend that you unmarry and remove associated hardware before a dealer visit. Again, takes seconds to do this, so why would you not do it.. You would not do it cause someone on a forum says naaaah, do not bother to do it.

Anyway, do as you please. I know I gave you proper direction. Reality is, like the other guy here, you will undoubtedly, see no repercussions to not unmarrying, but ..........

Ponder this: Why is it recommended to unmarry before you do a firmware update on the programmer and then do a remarry. Sure, you will get a guy that says, naaaah, do not bother to do this. Reality is, there is a recommended way and there is rationale behind the recommendation.. I for one truly believe it is always prudent to do the recommended way.... I wonder why I bother to do this... daaaaah :thinking:

Last edited:

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
@ Four Flusher

I'm not sure why you have an issue with unmarrying the Tazer JL. To do so takes seconds..

The gist of this is, you should unmarry and remove all programmer hardware before you go to the dealer. It really is no big deal to do this. That's what is recommended.

Have anyone that is telling you differently, tell you why it isn't just as easy to unmarry the Tazer JL and then remove the associated hardware.

If you communicate with ZAutomotive, Superchips or any other outfit that retails a programmer, they will all tell you the same thing... and that is, they recommend that you unmarry and remove associated hardware before a dealer visit. Again, takes seconds to do this, so why would you not do it.. You would not do it cause someone on a forum says naaaah, do not bother to do it.

Anyway, do as you please. I know I gave you proper direction. Reality is, like the other guy here, you will undoubtedly, see no repercussions to not unmarrying, but ..........

Ponder this: Why is it recommended to unmarry before you do a firmware update on the programmer and then do a remarry. Sure, you will get a guy that says, naaaah, do not bother to do this. Reality is, there is a recommended way and there is rationale behind the recommendation.. I for one truly believe it is always prudent to do the recommended way.... I wonder why I bother to do this... daaaaah :thinking:

Why are you pushing so hard on this topic?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

@ Four Flusher

Why not do it since it takes seconds to unmarry Tazer? Ya that's right. But how long does it take to then change all your settings again. Every time you go to dealer. Do you even know how a Tazer works? Most settings are simply changing configuration parameters the same way as is done when the factory programs your Jeep. That's it.

Do you remove your lift and swap tires back every time you go to dealer? I mean those are way bigger flags to question broken parts. Ok, I'm done now.

Sent via....

13_gecko_rubi

Updating firmware I could see it as you are rewriting software to the Tazer. You could arguably lose your factory settings that are saved in it if something went wrong.

Sent via....

Rhinebeck01

@ 13_gecko_rubi

I can assure you that I do know quite a bit in regard to the Tazer JL and it's siblings..

Anyway, from your last post I take it that you do not know that...

When you re marry your Tazer JL, all the settings that you had applied / were using before the unmarry will automatically go back to and be applied so to speak to your JL, when you remarry the Tazer JL. Yes, on a rare occasion a setting may not go back, but the norm is, for all settings to go right back the way they were before the unmarry.

13_gecko_rubi

@ 13_gecko_rubi

I can assure you that I do know quite a bit in regard to the Tazer JL and it's siblings..

Anyway, from your last post I take it that you do not know that...

When you re marry your Tazer JL, all the settings that you had applied / were using before the unmarry will automatically go back to and be applied so to speak to your JL, when you remarry the Tazer JL. Yes, on a rare occasion a setting may not go back, but the norm is, for all settings to go right back the way they were before the unmarry.
They do not do that as I had to unmarry mine due to error to be able to re-set everything again. When you unmarry it your settings are gone and u have to set them all again.

Sent via....

Rhinebeck01

They do not do that as I had to unmarry mine due to error to be able to re-set everything again. When you unmarry it your settings are gone and u have to set them all again.

Sent via....

I give up on you 13_gecko rubi.

Suggest you learn more about the Tazer JL, cause you are very wrong, once again.

13_gecko_rubi

Suggest you learn more about the Tazer JL, cause you are very wrong, once again.
Glad you give up. Could care less. I unmarried mine to write back all the factory settings while talking to Joe then remarried it and not a single setting I had made before was there. Had to reset them all. If it supposed to restore settings then maybe mine just failed to do so. I know how it works and what's being done by it.

Sent via....

JTCO

Meme King

What makes you such an expert about the Tazer JL? Please do tell.

I've known 13_gecko rubi around this forum and WAYALIFE for several years and trust that he attempts to provide the most accurate info possible and I do trust that the personal experience he had is true.

As far as you, I have no idea who you are except that you post about the Tazer every opportunity that you get :idontknow:

JAGS

What makes you such an expert about the Tazer JL? Please do tell.

I've known 13_gecko rubi around this forum and WAYALIFE for several years and trust that he attempts to provide the most accurate info possible and I do trust that the personal experience he had is true.

As far as you, I have no idea who you are except that you post about the Tazer every opportunity that you get :idontknow:

Rhino is all over the inter webs. Perhaps a little sPOD deal happening here, I don’t know. But seems shading this dude has that much time on his hands.

Would be a shame as the Taxer seems like a decent product that doesn’t much extra selling.