Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: WRITE-UP : DIY License Plate Rear Cross Member Relocation Mount

  1. #21
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    UT
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by mnrafter View Post
    Don't you worry about running your vehicle without a rear bumper?
    Considering Eddie and many other have done so for over 10 years without issues, no


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  2. #22
    I like more how it looks with the bumper , but the way you using your jeep this is definitely the way to go maybe the only way ! Pretty good job on the license plate bracket modification ( you got some experience right there thatís for sure ) and tnx again for sharing all this priceless info !



    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  3. #23
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    7,192
    Quote Originally Posted by mnrafter View Post
    Don't you worry about running your vehicle without a rear bumper?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknRedJK View Post
    Considering Eddie and many other have done so for over 10 years without issues, no
    What BlacknRedJK said. Been doing it for years on our JK's and so far, it's not been a problem.

  4. #24
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    7,192
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexJL View Post
    I like more how it looks with the bumper , but the way you using your jeep this is definitely the way to go maybe the only way ! Pretty good job on the license plate bracket modification ( you got some experience right there thatís for sure ) and tnx again for sharing all this priceless info !
    Glad to hear this has been helpful to you

  5. #25
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    4,282
    The wires on those plate lights suck! Lol I bought some for the Jk and the tiny wires are a pain. I donít have little Asian hands like you.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

  6. #26
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    7,192
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    The wires on those plate lights suck! Lol I bought some for the Jk and the tiny wires are a pain. I donít have little Asian hands like you.
    No need to be a hater just because you have gorilla hands

  7. #27
    Fresh Catch htsai14752's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4
    very nice!

  8. #28

  9. #29
    Caught the Bug aust249's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Wrightwood
    Posts
    67
    Awesome idea! Any word on if frame rail covers or d-ring mounts are developed yet? Thanks!!

  10. #30
    Been Around the Block JeepFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Palmenthal
    Posts
    307
    I finally got around to removing my rear bumper. Eddie, your write up really made relocating the license plate an easy project. Thanks!

    IMG_20190216_190249_330.jpeg
    Last edited by JeepFan; 02-16-2019 at 07:45 PM.
    The Universe Rewards Action!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •