Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: WRITE-UP : DIY License Plate Rear Cross Member Relocation Mount

  1. #11
    Been Around the Block MrGiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    359
    Maybe you should have removed it before your trip to moab

    Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ, Flat Black
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR, Bright White

  2. #12
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    6,644
    Quote Originally Posted by RockingK View Post
    That is a reclaim/recycle success story, congratulations.... you just lowered your carbon footprint and made a bad ass JL badder
    I feel so good about myself now

    Quote Originally Posted by MrGiant View Post
    Maybe you should have removed it before your trip to moab
    I'm still kicking myself for not doing so.

  3. #13
    Been Around the Block MrGiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I'm still kicking myself for not doing so.
    But to be honest, I am some kind of shocked that the steel bumper (as an upgrade) is so weak and moves that much under load. I would have expected something beefier, although there are aftermarket heavy duty bumpers and stuff which can take serious punishment

    Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ, Flat Black
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR, Bright White

  4. #14
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    6,644

    Let There be Light on the License Plate

    Let There be Light on the License Plate
    Ever since I removed our Jeep JL Wrangler's factory rear bumper and relocated the license plate on to the cross member, I've been meaning to install a light for it. Being that the factory license plate location was in the bumper and the wiring for the light was already there, I figured it would be a piece of cake to do and it was. Recycling the wiring on the factory bumper, I simply cut off the plug for the light, soldered on a couple of license plate LED light bolts and just like that, my licenses plate is now illuminated at night again.

    For those of you who are interested, these are what I got for lights:
    Rupse 2pcs License Plate Screw Bolts

    And, here's what they look like installed.




    Finally, what they look like when on.








    A few pics outside at night.


    And yes, they put out a crazy amount of light for being so tiny!







  5. #15
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mom's Basement
    Posts
    3,245
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Let There be Light on the License Plate
    Ever since I removed our Jeep JL Wrangler's factory rear bumper and relocated the license plate on to the cross member, I've been meaning to install a light for it. Being that the factory license plate location was in the bumper and the wiring for the light was already there, I figured it would be a piece of cake to do and it was. Recycling the wiring on the factory bumper, I simply cut off the plug for the light, soldered on a couple of license plate LED light bolts and just like that, my licenses plate is now illuminated at night again.

    For those of you who are interested, these are what I got for lights:
    Rupse 2pcs License Plate Screw Bolts
    Simple and effective

  6. #16
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    6,644
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Simple and effective
    Thanks! I think it actually makes the whole Jeep look better too. Or at least, at night anyway

  7. #17
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,684
    Thatís bright! I may have to get that for the JK.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

  8. #18
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    6,644
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Thatís bright! I may have to get that for the JK.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    They're only $9. Worth the try.

  9. #19
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,684
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    They're only $9. Worth the try.
    Done! Itíll be here Saturday.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

  10. #20
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    46

    Concern?

    Don't you worry about running your vehicle without a rear bumper?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •