Paint issue?

EARL99208

Yellowing........Are you sure nothing accidentally got sprayed up on the grill? Have you tried to wash the yellow off of the grill?

Eazy

To answer your question. The yellowing is from pollen that is sticking in the small pores of your clear coat. A good claybar/ and a couple coats of sealant/wax will take care of this.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
I second the clay bar before getting it repainted. it will never be the same after it is repainted.
So is this a common issue? I'll give the clay bar a try I have some in the garage

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

CalsJLUR

I have the same issue. It goes to the dealer on Monday. I have tried everything to get it off including clay bar. At this point I am not entirely sure what the issues is, guess we will find out.

Part of me want to upgrade to the matte black Mopar grill.

IMG_4103.JPG

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I have seen this on the one my wife and I test drove. It is my understanding that it will be replaced under warranty, exchanged for a new white grill while they keep your old one to "send it in". It is unclear as to whether the new grill is factory painted, or locally / dealer painted.

Eagle1911

Not certain what the paint process is, but is it possible the yellowing could be a primer coat and just a single thin coat of white was used and did not properly cover. When I spray paint, I always do three or four thin coats instead of one or two thicker coats. That way I can get a smoother finish.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Not certain what the paint process is, but is it possible the yellowing could be a primer coat and just a single thin coat of white was used and did not properly cover. When I spray paint, I always do three or four thin coats instead of one or two thicker coats. That way I can get a smoother finish.

Did you author the back of the can?

CalsJLUR

Deff hard to tell in the pics but I believe you

It is super hard to tell in the picture. I dropped it off at the dealer this morning and he looked at me like I was crazy when I told him why I was there, I then showed him and he was still a little skeptical until I opened the hood. It was at that point that he was somewhat confused as this was new to him. Now it is a waiting game to see what they say.