Cabin Air Filter - Part# & Servicing

Rhinebeck01

Yes, your JL/JLU does have a Cabin Air Filter!

The cabin air filter resides in a cradle found right behind the glove compartment. Your glove compartment is easy to remove and changing the cabin air filter is just as easy.

When to replace:

Replace the cabin air filter every 20,000 miles per the JL/JLU User's Guide.

Do replace at least once a year, regardless of mileage!

Of course, you can easily check the cabin air filter anytime and replace it, if it looks dirty, has an unpleasant odor, etc..

OEM Cabin Air Filter part #

MOPAR 68301863AA

Important: Look for the arrow on the side of the new air cabin filter... Be100% sure you install the filter with the air flow down arrow pointing in the proper direction!

Look closely at old cabin air filter as you remove it in regard to which way it's down arrow is pointing.

From the Manual:
cradle001.JPG
cradle002.JPG
cradle.jpg

ll.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! I can honestly say that I haven't even owned my JL long enough to think about this yet but I really do appreciate you posting this up. Definitely something that needed to be done on the JK before and this write-up will come in handy for the JL too. :yup:

Rhinebeck01

My jk didn’t come with one and it makes a difference for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

You might know this, but the JK indeed has the necessary cradle for the cabin air filter. Jeep just opted to deliver your JK without a cabin air filter in the cradle. All you have to do is buy the cabin air filter element and pop it into the JK's cradle.

I use a Wix 24302 Cabin Air Filter (2) in my JK's. This filter will not work in the JL as the JL cradle is different.

I do quite a bit of interstate driving so I end up changing the cabin air filter about twice a year. You should see all the diesel truck soot that ends up populating the air filter.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
You might know this, but the JK indeed has the necessary cradle for the cabin air filter. Jeep just opted to deliver your JK without a cabin air filter in the cradle. All you have to do is buy the cabin air filter element and pop it into the JK's cradle.

I use a Wix 24302 Cabin Air Filter (2) in my JK's. This filter will not work in the JL as the JL cradle is different.

I do quite a bit of interstate driving so I end up changing the cabin air filter about twice a year. You should see all the diesel truck soot that ends up populating the air filter.

Yeah I’ve added one. That’s why I mentioned it makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app