!! Track bar bracket on frame weld issues !!

Shadowfire

Thanks Jasmine, an update to my problem was they have ordered a new radio as per the Star engineer review of the data they sent in...and a more recent update is that I have traded the 2 door in for a 4 door so it’s no longer my problem. However it is good to know that if needed you guys are here..ready and willing to help...very much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Nissan

Thank you
you calmed me
In the coming days I am buying 3.6 JL used in the US
And sends it across the sea
And I do not have the strength to deal with repairs in our country
Do you think I need to check out more?

Thank you
you calmed me

At this point they’ve corrected the robots so you’re probably fin.

MrGiant

Thank you
you calmed me
Nice to hear you get one to your home!

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

YAHAHA

Looking at new Jeeps online, I'm wondering if there is a way to find the build date based on the VIN number. No way I'm driving 4 hours to look at a Jeep only to find that it is withing the time window of the "offline welding process" issue.

"The first step for dealers is to lift the vehicle and check out the build date code on the frame. If that number is greater than or equal to 126 and less than or equal to 156, then the vehicle was built in the May 7, 2018 to Aug. 21, 2018 window, and its owner should be offered a loaner car as the Jeep gets inspected further."

It is great that the article mentioned before in this thread mentioned how to detect the frame date. Just wondering how this could correlate to build date and be detectable without having to crawl under the Jeep.

YAHAHA

I found this FCA VIN decoder online and it doesn't have manufacture date as part of the VIN. I see the model year but not production date.
Jeep JL VIN decoder 001.jpgJeep JL VIN decoder 002.jpg

YAHAHA

Here is a copy of a window sticker I was viewing. I don't see the manufacture date on the sticker. It's early in the morning, maybe I'm just missing the manuf date?
Jeep JL window sticker.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Date of manufacture can be decoded from the door tag. It's what I did to see if I required recall service.

EDIT: I really should have said MDH.

Last edited:

YAHAHA

Date of manufacture can be decoded from the door tag. It's what I did to see if I required recall service.

EDIT: I really should have said MDH.

The problem is getting the dealer to take a picture of the door tag. I've had a couple tell me they would send it but never did. Another just refused.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.