VIDEO : MOAB - IT STARTS AGAIN / Part 1 - JL Wranglers on Gold Bar Rim & Golden Spike

BillArnett

... I'm not 100% happy with the ride I have now and I think the problem is that the factory shocks can't keep up with the significantly heavier wheels and tires...

Under what circumstances do you see that issue? Do you think it would be better with the Fox shocks that come with the Mopar lift?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Under what circumstances do you see that issue? Do you think it would be better with the Fox shocks that come with the Mopar lift?

Somewhere in between crawling and moving through obstacles just a bit faster. Without having tested them, I couldn't tell you how the Fox shocks would perform.

mud2sno

Great job on the video! Waiting for my Punk'n Rubi (ordered 2/1) but have cooper stt pro 37x13.50r17 (need rims) and Warn winch in garage - love your JL setup!

wantin-a-jl

Your videos are so well done!! I really look forward to and enjoy watching them. Thanks for creating them, they give us inspiration!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great job on the video! Waiting for my Punk'n Rubi (ordered 2/1) but have cooper stt pro 37x13.50r17 (need rims) and Warn winch in garage - love your JL setup!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the video and I look forward to seeing your JL. Be sure to post up pics as soon as you get it :thumb:

Your videos are so well done!! I really look forward to and enjoy watching them. Thanks for creating them, they give us inspiration!!

Thank you, we're so glad to hear it :)

Eazy

Again love the videos and it looks great without a bumper. My question is would replacing the bumper to a aftermarket steel one fix the problem or so you think the way they mounting to the frame is the issue

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Again love the videos and it looks great without a bumper. My question is would replacing the bumper to a aftermarket steel one fix the problem or so you think the way they mounting to the frame is the issue

I think it would depend on the aftermarket bumper and how it's designed. Even on the JK, we saw a lot of movement between the body and frame thanks to the super nice body mounts but it was enough to cut wiring passing between the body and bumper. I speak from experience here. The JL is no different.

Ggipp

Great videos!...been following the whole build, it helps pass the time waiting for my Blue JLUR to come in (next month). Like the tail stinger, never seen one.....can you buy one? Or was it custom? Thx guys, keep up the great work!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great videos!...been following the whole build, it helps pass the time waiting for my Blue JLUR to come in (next month). Like the tail stinger, never seen one.....can you buy one? Or was it custom? Thx guys, keep up the great work!

Ours was made at a trailer hitch shop. Cost about $30.

RMC2

Great job as always. You did a great job of showing the JL off, including negatives.

And you are killing me. I’m ready to go to Moab, not like I wasn’t already.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great job as always. You did a great job of showing the JL off, including negatives.

And you are killing me. I’m ready to go to Moab, not like I wasn’t already.

LOL! Thanks! Hoping to share more in part 2.

You should patent it, I think they'd sell like hotcakes ;)

Honestly, I'm kinda surprised that nobody else has already. They do have drawbacks though and really, they wouldn't be my first choice to run.

stragler

Moab (Gold Bar Rim)

Eddie/Cindy your videos are some of the best I have seen, thanks
Question: How would a two door JK do going up or down on say The Water Fall and other ledges?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie/Cindy your videos are some of the best I have seen, thanks
Question: How would a two door JK do going up or down on say The Water Fall and other ledges?

What I can tell you is that it can be done with the right driver. If you've never done it before, it can be a bit unnerving. A LOT of 2-doors winch up.