Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mopar beadlock?

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    DirtyLife wheels have the same functionality as well, can be used in a bead mount with a faux plastic ring, or a true beadlock mount. I may be leaning towards them myself, as I really like their wheel designs. I wouldn't be surprised if one company has a patent on the double mount wheel design and makes all these wheels under different names.

Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    DirtyLife wheels have the same functionality as well, can be used in a bead mount with a faux plastic ring, or a true beadlock mount. I may be leaning towards them myself, as I really like their wheel designs. I wouldn't be surprised if one company has a patent on the double mount wheel design and makes all these wheels under different names.
    Cool looking wheel. Hard to tell from the site, but those ring bolts appear to stick out beyond the ring. Something to consider/confirm if you do pull the trigger.

XD has some awesome new wheels that could sport a ring guard option, but they donít. Iím afraid of messing up the wheel, but not sure I need the true beadlock. My JK has done great with ring guard. And saved some $$$ over true beadlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
    13_gecko_rubi is spot on, the wheel pulls double duty. Ford did this with their Raptor wheel too.

If you're looking for something more economical, Vision has a few good choices such as the Nemesis, Creep, and Se7en. The Nemesis uses a polymer material ring whereas the Se7en and Creep use a metal ring.
    Thanks for the response. Se7en looks pretty good, I assume you can buy a replacement ring?

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Cool looking wheel. Hard to tell from the site, but those ring bolts appear to stick out beyond the ring. Something to consider/confirm if you do pull the trigger.

XD has some awesome new wheels that could sport a ring guard option, but they donít. Iím afraid of messing up the wheel, but not sure I need the true beadlock. My JK has done great with ring guard. And saved some $$$ over true beadlocks.
    I donít believe they do but Iíll email them and ask. Iím planning on running the faux beadlock just to prevent curbing the wheels and off-road damage. I daily drive my Jeep and am a bit weary of running a beadlock on the road, especially since I donít have the time to commit to maintaining them.

I donít believe they do but Iíll email them and ask. Iím planning on running the faux beadlock just to prevent curbing the wheels and off-road damage. I daily drive my Jeep and am a bit weary of running a beadlock on the road, especially since I donít have the time to commit to maintaining them.
    Be sure to post up what they say about those bolts.

I hear you on the beadlocks. Iím torn a bit. Love the machetes. But not sure I ďneedĒ beadlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Four Flusher View Post
    Thanks for the response. Se7en looks pretty good, I assume you can buy a replacement ring?
    Absolutely! I'm not sure of the price, but I'll reach out to the manufacturer for this and will report back
    Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Need Tires for Your Camper or Trailer?

Useful Links:

Absolutely! I'm not sure of the price, but I'll reach out to the manufacturer for this and will report back
    Will you guys be carrying DirtyLife wheels? Both my Jeeps have had wheels/tires from you guys, and I'd love to keep that going.

Will you guys be carrying DirtyLife wheels? Both my Jeeps have had wheels/tires from you guys, and I'd love to keep that going.
    That's awesome to hear - thank you for your continued support!

As far as I know, there are no plans to offer Dirty LIfe wheels, but I'll forward this to our marketing team to see if this is a brand we can special order
    Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Need Tires for Your Camper or Trailer?

Useful Links:

That's awesome to hear - thank you for your continued support!

As far as I know, there are no plans to offer Dirty LIfe wheels, but I'll forward this to our marketing team to see if this is a brand we can special order
    Most awesome, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Be sure to post up what they say about those bolts.

I hear you on the beadlocks. Iím torn a bit. Love the machetes. But not sure I ďneedĒ beadlocks.
    So I got a reply. They said on the real rock ring they are recessed, on the faux ring, they protrude ever so slightly, but said that you can buy shorter hardware to sink them in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast