Beadlock Wheels

NFRs2000NYC

Your wheel weights are WAAAAAAAY off. The methods are race wheels and are made as such, and thus, are some of the lightest beadlocks around, weighing in at 36lbs WITH ring and bolts. (I verified this with them directly.). The DirtyLife wheels (that I love and was going to get myself) are over 52lbs with ring and bolts, which is EXCEPTIONALLY heavy.....

This post is for future readers that may be browsing for this info.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Your wheel weights are WAAAAAAAY off. The methods are race wheels and are made as such, and thus, are some of the lightest beadlocks around, weighing in at 36lbs WITH ring and bolts. (I verified this with them directly.). The DirtyLife wheels (that I love and was going to get myself) are over 52lbs with ring and bolts, which is EXCEPTIONALLY heavy.....

This post is for future readers that may be browsing for this info.

Racers don’t use the same wheels you buy. They wouldn’t hold up. They used forged wheels. Totally different.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Sorry should have been more specific, I meant method as a company, not the specific wheel, although I saw somewhere where a rig was running the 105s in an actual sanctioned race.

HugoJLUR2018

Looking for a tire shop in the Chicago area that will mount and balance beadlocks. Our shop won’t do it. I could mount them using Eddie’s write up but I’m assuming I would still need them balanced. This will be our first set of beadlocks so any info would be appreciated.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Looking for a tire shop in the Chicago area that will mount and balance beadlocks. Our shop won’t do it. I could mount them using Eddie’s write up but I’m assuming I would still need them balanced. This will be our first set of beadlocks so any info would be appreciated.

I've never balanced any beadlocks. If you have good tires there's no need.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

Probably have to go to an off-road shop to have them mounted. Do it yourself then go anywhere to have them balanced.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

CalSgt

I've never balanced any beadlocks. If you have good tires there's no need.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Balancing mine cleaned up a lot of vibration at highway speed, the shop that did the balance wanted me to put a few hundred miles on them first. They spun them for 20 each worst one took almost 8 ounces which is better than any of the 36" interco's I mounted in the early 2000's...

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I've got to be honest, I was hoping to not have to balance my tires / wheels. However, I had my Cooper STT Pro 37X13.50R17/XD229 Machetes balanced with superb results. I had this done a couple hundred miles after my EVO/King CO+LA install, and it really made a hell of a difference. It's the smoothest riding Jeep that I've ever had, however I've only owned two. LOL.