Thread: WRITE-UP : Basic DIY Jeep JL Wrangler FRONT END ALIGNMENT

Very detailed! Thanks for that!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Thanks for the write up! Sure it will come in handy one of these days

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

After these instructions, is alignment shop needed?

GREAT writeup! I just finished installing an Evo 3.5Ē lift with adjustable lower control arms and an adjustable trackbar. Iíve followed this guide to make the needed adjustments, the Jeep drives nice - should I still take it in to a shop for an alignment or is it a waste of money at this point? I just want to make sure Iím not going to wear out the tires faster if I have something off.

Quote Originally Posted by arcticaaron View Post
    GREAT writeup! I just finished installing an Evo 3.5Ē lift with adjustable lower control arms and an adjustable trackbar. Iíve followed this guide to make the needed adjustments, the Jeep drives nice - should I still take it in to a shop for an alignment or is it a waste of money at this point? I just want to make sure Iím not going to wear out the tires faster if I have something off.
    At this point, the most an alignment shop will do is take your money. So long as you didn't mess with your toe-in setting as it really shouldn't have been needed, your tires will wear fine.

Perfect! Youíve saved me time and money and I learned a lot through this whole process.

Quote Originally Posted by arcticaaron View Post
    Perfect! Youíve saved me time and money and I learned a lot through this whole process.
    So glad to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    At this point, the most an alignment shop will do is take your money.
    Ain't that the truth. Well, they will give you a nice pretty color print out with lots of numbers that look impressive to those that are not in the know.

Just wanted to ask a question in this thread. If you have both front upper and lower arms which is the best method for adjusting for caster?

Quote Originally Posted by anotheraznguy View Post
    Just wanted to ask a question in this thread. If you have both front upper and lower arms which is the best method for adjusting for caster?
    Technically, lower arms center your axle within your wheel well for proper positioning, and the uppers are adjusted for caster angle.

However, with most modern lifts, you can lengthen both lower arms to achieve proper caster and not have to mess with the upper arms at all. And this won't have any negative effects on your axle position. Hell, a lot of kits come with longer lower arms to dial the caster right in.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast